What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

Delilah

I am sick of OTT volume. Everywhere I look, every store is filled with pleated sacks, nappy mc hammer harem pants, butt grazing ruffled tunics, ruched leggings and balenciaga shoulder pads.

Originally sported 3 years ago by every goddamn hipster on the sartorialist, this seems to be the only thing you can buy in stores and I am sick of it. The 80s left a bad taste the first time round and 20 years has only turned these trends to vinegar.

If I wanted to look 20 kilos heavier, i'd tuck into an extra dessert. As it is, I'm a woman so let me show my waist.

Grr.

Briar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
:3 Skinny jeans are probably the most universally flattering style of jeans I have ever seen.

You don't have to get them skintight, duh.

I have to disagree. I have a big butt and hips, and large-ish feet. I've tried on skinny jeans, they were a perfect fit, not too tight... and they looked absolutely gawdawful! They are very flattering on trimmer people, not so much on this (me) plus-size gal.
tong.gif
I felt like they just highlighted all the worst parts of my body, and accentuated the size of my feet and backside.

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha5150
I can't wait until the skinny jeans on MEN go away!!! If you're not a rock star or Lil Wayne, then you do not need to be wearing skinny jeans or liquid leggings!!! I don't know about some women, but I will have to question my boyfriends masculinity if his jeans were tighter than mine.
shockt.gif

I've seen a few guys wearing ladies' skinny jeans that won't pull up far enough to cover their butt. The crotch is down their thigh, and the seat too, just managing to cover the very uh...bottom of their bottom. Then they'll just have their boxer-clad asses hanging out with a long-ish hoodie concealing a little but not all of this spectacle.
throwup.gif

(I think a detachable package is necessary to wear the above.)

Rudyru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
I think they look really good on plus size o_o;
Maybe I just have a warped sense of style XD

I think drain pipes were meant for plus sizes! It instantly slims you by lengthening the leg line, creates a slimmer silhouette, and its plain fuckin' fierce.

But I think I do share your same aesthetics. Most of my looks here would make y'all skin crawl.

Also, I don't know bout y'all, but I will pack on the bubbles and look like I just smoked a shit ton of crack!

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
I've seen a few guys wearing ladies' skinny jeans that won't pull up far enough to cover their butt. The crotch is down their thigh, and the seat too, just managing to cover the very uh...bottom of their bottom. Then they'll just have their boxer-clad asses hanging out with a long-ish hoodie concealing a little but not all of this spectacle.
throwup.gif

(I think a detachable package is necessary to wear the above.)

Oh my!! LMAO!! I just watched a video yesterday of some young guys wearing skinny jeans, dancing to some song that's getting a lot of air play down in L.A. like they were wearing roller skates.
th_confused_new.gif
I was hoping to see their pants split from all of the pop, lock and dropping that they were doing!! SMDH

misha5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
Yes yes, my boyfriend is lean and looks really good in straight legged jeans. they're slimmer than regular but wider than skinny jeans, if that makes sense.

As long as they're not skin tight or liquid leggings then he's all good then!!
yes.gif

My dude refuses to wear tight jeans or jeans that fit normal around the waist. He prefers his pants to be baggy with his boxers showing a little bit
shockt.gif
. But his shirt is long enough to cover it so I don't have to complain about his boxers showing.

Speaking of which....I'm tired of seeing dudes walking around with no shirt on with their 3 sizes too big pants around their knees and ALL OF THEIR DRAWS/BOXERS showing!!!
angry.gif
AND they're wearing a belt!! WTH??!!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
Yes yes, my boyfriend is lean and looks really good in straight legged jeans. they're slimmer than regular but wider than skinny jeans, if that makes sense.

Straight legs yes...skinny jeans no...Not on my husband...there is a difference in the fit ....His legs already look like drain pipes

Brie

I'm sick of seeing the whole cut off's, over sized see-thru white tee with black bra, a trilby, w/ thongs or gladiators and a slouchy side bag. YOU ARE NOT ORIGINAL GODDAMNIT, lol. Its not so much the look i guess more the people that wear it and think they are so goddamn cool. Its like a uniform for all the "hipsters" here on the coast. oh and don't forget the vest and the bedhead curls

xladydragon

I guess what I see is diff from most girls here, since I'm still in high school.
What I really hate is when it's like 70 degree outside, and I see girls at school wearing shorts and mini skirts. It's 70 degree which is still pretty cool, especially with the fact that school is like a block away from the beach, and it gets really windy.
Then theres the leggings with shorts. I thought shorts were supposed to be for showing off your legs, why do you still wear leggings.. >_>
And UGGS. Why do you need snow boots when winter gets to be maybe low 40's, coldest! And I see people wearing them in the spring, summer.
On another note, UGGs don't look waterproof at all, and doesn't snow.. melt, so wouldn't those boots get wet...?
Flowery rainboots. They're functional but I think they're hidious.
And the whole Abercrombie, Hollister trend. I admit it, I wanted to look cool too.... then I bought a A&F tshirt and it got linty after like 2 washes... And those tshirts are like $20+ and they get linty in 2 washes... What a waste of money!!
And guys wearing really, really, REALLY baggy pants and sagging. Everytime I see a friend like that, i scream PULL UP YOUR PANTS! and guys wearing tight fitting jeans and sagging, that's even worse. I don't want to see your raindeer, spade, plaid boxers!!

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xladydragon
And the whole Abercrombie, Hollister trend. I admit it, I wanted to look cool too.... then I bought a A&F tshirt and it got linty after like 2 washes... And those tshirts are like $20+ and they get linty in 2 washes... What a waste of money!!

OMG, I was just about to post this.
I know a guy (who is amazingly gorgeous btw... like he should be an AF model. SIGH!) who ONLY wears abercrombie&fitch/ hollister/ american eagle
He's like a walking bilboard for these brands!

I asked him if he was getting free clothes from them or what.
He says he just likes their clothes.

Hollister shirts are really good quality, though. I have a shirt and a hoodie from them and they're soooo soft! I just hate wearing shit with giant logos on them.

xladydragon

I haven't worn any hollister clothes, but I heard that they were from the same parent company as A&F (no wonder their style looks similiar..) so I always assumed their stuff is similiar quality. I tried on their clothes though, and they seem to run a tad small.

BBJay

I saw the most ridiculous outfit the other day.
This girl had on a hoodie, booty shorts, and some Uggs.
I was very confused as to what type of weather she was dressing for.

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xladydragon
I guess what I see is diff from most girls here, since I'm still in high school.
What I really hate is when it's like 70 degree outside, and I see girls at school wearing shorts and mini skirts. It's 70 degree which is still pretty cool, especially with the fact that school is like a block away from the beach, and it gets really windy.
Then theres the leggings with shorts. I thought shorts were supposed to be for showing off your legs, why do you still wear leggings.. >_>
And UGGS. Why do you need snow boots when winter gets to be maybe low 40's, coldest! And I see people wearing them in the spring, summer.
On another note, UGGs don't look waterproof at all, and doesn't snow.. melt, so wouldn't those boots get wet...?
Flowery rainboots. They're functional but I think they're hidious.
And guys wearing really, really, REALLY baggy pants and sagging. Everytime I see a friend like that, i scream PULL UP YOUR PANTS! and guys wearing tight fitting jeans and sagging, that's even worse. I don't want to see your raindeer, spade, plaid boxers!!

Oh yes, the printed rain boots!! ("Wellies" for the British here, hehe)
Here they have them in every design you can think of, even skulls!
Now, I do love my skulls, but I liked them before they were popular (sounds cliche, but it's actually true, LOL!) and now they're on everything which is good for me if they actually look cool (well, my idea of cool anyway) but bad when you see things with weird, custesy, cheesy, cartoon skulls with big pigtails and bows in their hair and lovehearts for eyes or whatever that look like something the Grim Reaper threw up in an alley after a night of too much drinking, dancing and drug-taking.
It's also weird to see on little girls' pink clothes with love hearts.
"Punk" was a trend a few years ago which never completely died out. I don't mean REAL punk, I mean the Supre (cheap, trendy teenage clothing store here in Australia) version. Teens everywhere who had never heard a real punk song in their life wore tops with skulls and butterflies and pretty shades of pink emblazoned with the words "Punk Princess", "Pretty in Punk", or just "PUNK" (when they ran out of ideas). I think it had something to do with Avril Lavigne's popularity even though she didn't wear that kind of thing then (probably does now though, lol). Then, in Adelaide, (not sure about any where else), The Used band shirts were REALLY popular. In the city, every second sulky kid was wearing one. I'm not sure if they listened to the music or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they thought it was the name of a clothing label rather than a band. Someone told me they overheard a girl in a clothes shop asking if they carried "that Ramones brand"
th_LMAO.gif

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJay

Haha!
How confusing.
th_confused_new.gif

I think it's meant to be "sexy", although I fail to see how... if it's cold, covered up legs and being comfortable and therefore relaxed would be much sexier than exposed goose-bumped legs giving everyone the sense that you're trying too hard.

luvsic

^ I've been guilty of wearing boots with a t-shirt and jeans >_< it's a fashion mistake I'll never make again...

I don't know what prompted me to think that was ever cute. I can understand sweater dresses with boots, depending on what kind, but short shorts or work out shorts with them and having that pass as an outfit? It honestly just looks pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I saw a girl walk into our store yesterday wearing one of those fitted school t-shirts (like the name of the school sprawled across your chest), nike shorts, and knee high BOOTS. Ok now THAT was just...um?? And it was about 80 degrees outside.

metal_romantic

^Hmmm. At least she was young and therefore (hopefully) not too set in her ways. Hehe.

I'm a fan of boots and skirts though. I'll wear mini skirts with boots but I have a kind of goth/rock/metal look though so it works for me even if others don't like it. I wouldn't wear them with shorts though- and certainly not with sports shorts.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
Haha!
How confusing.
th_confused_new.gif

I think it's meant to be "sexy", although I fail to see how... if it's cold, covered up legs and being comfortable and therefore relaxed would be much sexier than exposed goose-bumped legs giving everyone the sense that you're trying too hard.

Hmm.
I wear mine when I'm going in and out of pole class. My legs don't get cold, but my feet do.
smiles.gif

JillBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJay

i wear that when i come home from the beach or the pool! or when i have an early morning workout and don't feel like wearing my tennis shoes to my trainer's house. but when i wear it i know i don't look hot! lol

Latest posts