What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
Someone told me they overheard a girl in a clothes shop asking if they carried "that Ramones brand"
th_LMAO.gif

That makes me
th_LMAO.gif
then
cry.gif
then
angry.gif

TISH1124

Ok I saw this today and not sure why I found it bothersome....

If you have a really Big/Large/bubbly pouch.....Do not tuck your shirts in and pull your pants up over the pouch and belt the pants ...It's like the belt is closed to tight and is sitting on top of the pouch and pushing the belly down and out to look even bigger. Just because you pull the pants way up...they were not initially meant to be Hi-Rise

Brie

@ the Ramones thing, ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My bf had an idiot staff member a few years back that told him they were 4 fashion designing brothers from New York that were all very well and alive ???????

WTF were does one even get this information ????

i would have fired her on the spot personally

(she is also someone who when i walked in once and asked if he was there stood there and stared at me ?!? uh i don't get what's so confusing)

Briar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie

My bf had an idiot staff member a few years back that told him they were 4 fashion designing brothers from New York that were all very well and alive ???????

I'm not quite sure if this is LMAO funny or just really, really sad.

I get really annoyed at seeing the "Misfits" brand stuff around. I'll see some 13 year old kid with a Misfits skull shirt on and want to just shake them and yell "I was listening to this band before you were even born! On vinyl!!... DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS?!?" Needless to say, for the sake keeping myself out of jail I have refrained.... so far.
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Ok, as far as fashion goes... I'm really turned off by seeing women with big bellies hanging out over their hipster pants. I'm actually really conflicted by it. I'm glad to see women embracing their bodies and showing off and wearing tighter clothing, even with a few extra pounds on... but I really don't like the way it looks. I suspect this is mainly a generational thing that I just won't be able to get past. I'm too f*ing old.
tong.gif

MACLovin

^Nah, bellies hanging over your "low rise" pants are not attractive no matter how old you are. There are ways to look sexy even for more voluptuous women, without looking sloppy and gross.

I'd venture to say even when skinny girls wear their jeans at butt-crack level it is not particularly attractive.
th_dunno.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:

(she is also someone who when i walked in once and asked if he was there stood there and stared at me ?!? uh i don't get what's so confusing)

blinks.gif

Yeah, their collection consists of a t-shirt, skinny jeans, chucks and a leather jacket. Little round sunglasses are optional. On a side note, I saw them play years ago in the middle of summer (outside) and they all still had on leather jackets. lol

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
I suspect this is mainly a generational thing that I just won't be able to get past. I'm too f*ing old.
tong.gif

Sad thing is I see 50 year old women with the dunlap / bootydoo look.....

For those who claim to not know....

Dunlap....belly done lapped over the belt
BootyDoo - Belly looks bigger than the Booty Do

metal_romantic

Quote:

What the motherFing F!?
That's funny and disturbing at the same time. I want to laugh, yet I can't.
Maybe someone told her this sarcastically and she believed them?

BTW for anyone who doesn't know who The Ramones are: Ramones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do love that "Beatles" brand though. They're another group of 4 fashion designing brothers aren't they?
winks.gif

LP_x

I wish the really high platforms would disappear - not because they're ugly, but because I'm jealous of those who can rock them!!
I think they're so beautiful but A) I can hardly stand in them, let alone walk elegantly in them and B) I don't like wearing super high heels that make me taller than my fiance. I'm a larger lady so like to appear smaller. Towering over my fiance will not make me appear smaller
lol.gif

Boo.

MACForME

There is an annoying trend here in North NJ-- We see these kids with warm coat/jacket, jeans and FLIP FLOPS..um? If its COLD enough to wear a coat why in gods name are you wearing FLIP FLOPS? That ranks right up there with the jacket/shorts/uggs look.. HATE IT!

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACForME
There is an annoying trend here in North NJ-- We see these kids with warm coat/jacket, jeans and FLIP FLOPS..um? If its COLD enough to wear a coat why in gods name are you wearing FLIP FLOPS? That ranks right up there with the jacket/shorts/uggs look.. HATE IT!

haha yes this annoys me too; I think I mentioned it a few posts back.
I don't get it at all. I see it a lot here. The rubber thong (what you call "flip-flop") is like some kind of cultural icon here in Australia, lol.
Similar to those you see wearing short sleeves and a warm winter scarf
th_confused_new.gif

Tahti

^ I don't get how flipflops can even be comfy o_O;; every time I've worn them I swear they try and splice my foot in two. I totally agree about the cross-season dresssing... wtf?!

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
^ I don't get how flipflops can even be comfy o_O;; every time I've worn them I swear they try and splice my foot in two. I totally agree about the cross-season dresssing... wtf?!

Yeh, they may be an Aussie icon but I hardly ever wear them. Usually they rub between my toes and peel the skin off... it's nasty. I only wear them for short periods on very hot days or down at the beach.

I don't know if it happened anywhere other than here , but a few years back they made rubber thongs with HEELS. (I looked on google but couldn't find the ones I mean, so it seems it must be an Aussie thing.) It was so weird. They disappeared shortly after, so now I wish I had bought a pair just to bring out when I'm sad so I can have a laugh. They were amusing, but not as ugly as Crocs. Those things make me want to vomit, rather than laugh. It seems that there are others out there who hate them even more than I do however: I Hate Crocs dot com.

On my google search for heeled rubber thongs, I did find something strange:
BRIDAL THONGS!
d_7237.jpg