What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
What in the hell....

CRUGGS eh?
That's the sound I made when I clicked the link! (I'll be here all week!)

So, two men/women can't get married, but two of the worlds ugliest shoes can?
Ain't that a bitch!

Lol!
I think the Cruggs were made specifically to match with the Ugg bikini.
All we need now are matching gloves/arm gauntlet things (a la the gladiators) and we're set for the whole year round.

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie
Bridal thongs ... wtf
CLASSY!

Apparently they're very "popular" and brides like to change into them at the reception. Yes, please undo all your good work of hair, makeup, dress etc.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmariemac
Uggs, bubble dresses, super short shorts/skirts, brand names, really revealing clothes, hate em all!

i'm not a fan of bubble dresses and skirts either! not really sure why... i just don't like the way they look!

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
No offense to anyone who may wear them, but i'm sick of the hippy headbands. Blah. Not cute.

LOL I still wear those! I like how they look..but I do think there is a time and place for them, and they HAVE been becoming a bit overkill lately.

Ok, this trend is already gone, but does anyone remember when these types of skirts were in? In about the 90s?

811.107.JPG

For some reason I just couldn't STAND that trend. girls wore that in my high school 24/7 and thought they were the hottest things.

...or maybe girls still wear that. Meh, not where I live anymore anyway :p

Visual Edge

I completely agree that super low-rise jeans are ridiculous. So few women wear them well. Most girls, regardless of weight, have a bit of fat around their hips which is a beautiful thing that looks ugly in those kind of pants. The hips should not strangeled with little lumps of fat hanging over the edge of a super tight band. Come on girls, you don't have to wear mama belly pants but wearing your pants slightly higher is so much more flattering to the female shape!! Breaking it up into little bits- where the torso hangs over the legs, is just ugly, in my honest opinion.

I hate the trend of wearing super baggy jogging pants with an otherwise well-put together outfit. There are plenty of comfy pants (yoga pants, anyone?) that work better with cute tops and full make-up faces! Similarly, I can't stand PJ pants thrown on with a cute look.

Shoe wise, I've never been too fond of the pointy-toed boots. They remind me of witches and evil things.

televatorz

-ugh. bleach blonde hair with black underneath. that trend started when i was in what...grade 7? oh my god just stop already!
-the whole indie thing annoys me but i can tolerate it.
-THOSE STUPID "DAWGS" SHOES.
-those mid-calf leggings with lace on the bottom...ugh
-moccasins / mukluks (whatever you wanna call them) being worn in summer time. here, not only does it look stupid, but your feet will suffocate and die in those boots in the 40 degree weather. i don't see it too often but when i do i want to yell at whoever is wearing them
-BACK COMBING. a little bit is fine but honestly some girls do this WAYYYYYYY too much

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsic
LOL I still wear those! I like how they look..but I do think there is a time and place for them, and they HAVE been becoming a bit overkill lately.

Ok, this trend is already gone, but does anyone remember when these types of skirts were in? In about the 90s?

811.107.JPG

For some reason I just couldn't STAND that trend. girls wore that in my high school 24/7 and thought they were the hottest things.

...or maybe girls still wear that. Meh, not where I live anymore anyway :p

OMG...
I still see those and each time I ask myself how in the hell they can even think it's looking cute. IMO, it looks cheap and low class, especially when they wear sneakers or boxer boots with it
throwup.gif

luvsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
OMG...
I still see those and each time I ask myself how in the hell they can even think it's looking cute. IMO, it looks cheap and low class, especially when they wear sneakers or boxer boots with it
throwup.gif

YES!! So you do remember?? Ugh I thought that trend was LONG gone. Apparently not...

6999_01_b.jpg

7180_01_b.jpg

Briar

Whoever decided that flip-flops were appropriate business attire has a lot to answer for.
th_dunno.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar
Whoever decided that flip-flops were appropriate business attire has a lot to answer for.
th_dunno.gif

I completely agree.
yes.gif

Stacy London opined that "toes are like cleavage" in that there are times when you shouldn't show too much.
VERY well put, I thought!

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsic
YES!! So you do remember?? Ugh I thought that trend was LONG gone. Apparently not...

6999_01_b.jpg

7180_01_b.jpg

Guess what????

I was looking at another board I used to go on (in french), and a girl posted a question to everyone, asking where she could find a skirt like that, that she loved her old one sooooo much

o_0

I was dying to answer : girl, move on!

Willa

I think, IMO, there's a difference between having your own unique style and others finding you dressing weird, and a whole trend based on looking ''weird'' and people thinking they're unique by doing it...
lol.gif