What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
it's so mean... but I can't stop laughing....
th_LMAO.gif

hilarious site!

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yeah I see this all the time on my husband's side of the family...I thought they were all just retarded and ghetto!! Guess there are others like his folks wondering around. Sad....they multiply

u made me laugh so hard. lol

missteex3

i practically live in flip flops during the summer. winter? nooo wayy. it's way to cold to even think about that here! i'm guilty of the uggs&shorts thing..but that's mostly when im going to and from practice.
i know a lot of people are gonna disagree with this..but...
i can't stand plaid.
sometimes it looks okay. but i just can't get myself to wear it. mostly cause i've gone to a private school all my life and i wore a plaid uniform skort (
sick.gif
)
almost every day for 8 years straight. and when i got my new uniform skirt for highschool, it was gray and maroon plaid. i was so upset.
but that's just me. im sure if i wasn't forced into wearing plaid so much i would like it.
th_dunno.gif

panda0410

Flip flops?? We call 'em thongs... and they are a terrible part of aussie tradition - I think almost every person in this country has either owned or worn a pair. But that doesnt make them fashionable here either...LOL!! Nothing worse than seeing a well dressed man with a pair on, makes him look like a grub
ssad.gif
Or a woman whose thongs are probably covering more of her body than the rest of her clothes... cough*tramp*cough...

I also hate hate hate box pleat plaid skirts... they look like bloody school girls skirts which might do it for some people but it just makes a lot of women look like overgrown sluts!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I feel like such an old fogey in this area (I'm 45), because I distinctly remember getting dressed up to go to the mall when I was a teen!
By "dressed up," of course, I don't mean a designer suit or a cocktail dress, I mean nice jeans, a nice flattering top, makeup and jewelry.
I very often had the thought, "Does this look nice enough to wear to ...?"
My, how things have changed!
eeksign.gif

I'm with ya. I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal when I go shopping, but the jeans and t-shirt are CLEAN, and so am I. I've said it before, I can't tell you how many people come in and tell us they are wearing
makeup from 1-2 days ago. I can't imagine going in to get a beauty service and thinking the person doing the service wants to take off/shampoo away my two day drinking binge.

I may be a minority, though. If I go outside to dump recycling or whatnot in PJ's and bedhead, I am embarrassed if I pass a neighbor. lol I may not be a fashion plate, but I try to be put together.

metal_romantic

The ONLY person in the universe who looks good wearing the ugg-style-boots-&-bare-legs combo:

47132106_l.gif

As far as I am aware, the fuzzy speedo has not become a trend yet.

(BTW, that's He-Man of "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" fame.)

SmokeSignal16

Word! Freakin He-Man rocked! lol That Ugly Outfits site is crackin me up! Some of the teens pix remind me of the girls that always come in my store, and I'm like wth are they wearing?! You know it's bad too when my boyfriend plays fashion police too!

ms.marymac

OK, just checked out the Ugly Outfits site, and there is a guy on there I swear I saw sitting in traffic a few weeks ago. He looked like someone had smacked him on the backside of his head while he was wearing a caveman wig.

metal_romantic

Since looking at that ugly outfits site, I have been noticing more and more ugly outfits in my day-to-day travels. They were always around, but now my eyes are opened and they are EVERYWHERE. It's quite fascinating. I want to interview each specimen so I can gain insight into why they dress that way.

purrtykitty

OMG, those horrid jumpsuits that the stars seem to be wearing. WTF, is it too much trouble to put a separate shirt and pants on?

LeeleeBell

Rompers

Gladiator sandals

Big Pockets/huge patterns/rhinestones on the tush of jeans...especially for women like me who have large enough bootys that don't need to be accessorized.

Leggings as pants (not under an oversized top, but as pants)

Ugg boots with mini skirts, shorts and/or tee shirts...especially in the summer

Women with large bellys wearing belly rings. (Not meaning to offend anyone)

I live in CA and there are women (of all ages and shapes) who seem to think bikini tops and/or sports bras = ok to walk around in everywhere, all day long.
shockt.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeleeBell
Rompers

Gladiator sandals

Big Pockets/huge patterns/rhinestones on the tush of jeans...especially for women like me who have large enough bootys that don't need to be accessorized.

Leggings as pants (not under an oversized top, but as pants)

Ugg boots with mini skirts, shorts and/or tee shirts...especially in the summer

Women with large bellys wearing belly rings. (Not meaning to offend anyone)

I live in CA and there are women (of all ages and shapes) who seem to think bikini tops and/or sports bras = ok to walk around in everywhere, all day long.
shockt.gif

could not agree more! my hubby seems to pick out jeans with crystals and sequins on the ass pockets for me to try on! i kindly remind him that with my big ass i want to draw attention away from the area - not promote it!!