What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai
hahaha at pants with "wide load" or "jiggly" on the ass. omg.

How about "Jello"?

Beachgrl07

I wish a lot of the bohemian look would go away (like tiered skirts, knit pieces) and definitely some babydoll shirts. I mean who really wants to look pregnant?

sandsonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
hahaha, i love threads like this...

Yuck on:

Guys in shirts that go down to their knees, when did that start looking good?.

Even worse - guys with the long shirts that go down to their knees, paired with the long basketball style shorts where the crotch BEGINS at the knees, and the shorts only end up showing an inch or two of leg.

Don't they realize this look makes them look like 3 foot midgets? Seriously, this look doesn't do a thing for anybody, it can make guys with great bodies look foolish.

And God forbid they ever actually had to run out of the way of a car or something -how fast can you run when your knees are bound together by the crotch of your shorts?

Leopardskinny

I totally agree with the crocs thing. I'm sorry to anyone who likes them, but the first time I saw them I think I let out a small scream of horror.

Oh, and on the fake bag thing- try having REAL Chanel and Gucci bags that you have saved scrimped and scrounged for, gone and bought them from your local Gucci or Chanel store (feeling very posh!) only to have people all like
"Oh, is that a real designer bag?"

RAAAR! I am so fed up having to open up my bags and show them all the labels and stuff to prove their real. There ain't nothing wrong with fakes, but try owning a real one and not being beleived- infuriating!

A trend I hate is the whole emo thing. Yes, be emo if you have to, but DON'T commit a makeup crime whilst doing so. Get ready for this one ladies. The people in my area who are 'emos' draw on tears and EYELASHES with eyeliner. Like, they draw on bottom lashes in thick, black khol. NOOOO! I feel like saying,

"Look, you could be so beautiful with a wash of this eyeshadow, a coat of mascara and a slick of this lipglass!"

Okay, I think I have ranted enough lol.

sharyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardskinny
I totally agree with the crocs thing. I'm sorry to anyone who likes them, but the first time I saw them I think I let out a small scream of horror.

Oh, and on the fake bag thing- try having REAL Chanel and Gucci bags that you have saved scrimped and scrounged for, gone and bought them from your local Gucci or Chanel store (feeling very posh!) only to have people all like
"Oh, is that a real designer bag?"

RAAAR! I am so fed up having to open up my bags and show them all the labels and stuff to prove their real. There ain't nothing wrong with fakes, but try owning a real one and not being beleived- infuriating!

Thats a good point - with so many fakes, who still believes you have the real deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardskinny
A trend I hate is the whole emo thing. Yes, be emo if you have to, but DON'T commit a makeup crime whilst doing so. Get ready for this one ladies. The people in my area who are 'emos' draw on tears and EYELASHES with eyeliner. Like, they draw on bottom lashes in thick, black khol. NOOOO! I feel like saying,

"Look, you could be so beautiful with a wash of this eyeshadow, a coat of mascara and a slick of this lipglass!"

Okay, I think I have ranted enough lol.

I <3 Emos. I guess I look like one. But I'd never ever draw on tears or eyelashes. Never. Ever. Still, I tend to wear red eyeshadow and too much eyeliner. But we can agree that emos suck if they wear fake designer bags. okay? j/k

Beauty Mark

Why do people care so much if you're carrying a real one or not? I don't own any designer stuff, nor do I wish to, but I don't know why anyone feels the need to know and why you would care. You own the bag or outfit because you like it and not because Gucci/Prada/whomever designed it.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik
Even worse - guys with the long shirts that go down to their knees, paired with the long basketball style shorts where the crotch BEGINS at the knees, and the shorts only end up showing an inch or two of leg.

Don't they realize this look makes them look like 3 foot midgets? Seriously, this look doesn't do a thing for anybody, it can make guys with great bodies look foolish....

ITA! Yeah....when did guys looking like toddlers drowning in big boy clothes become the hot new thing?
ssad.gif
Bleaaaa! That is so hideous!

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyn
3. I am quite ashamed of telling you this, but the youth (okay, some of them) in germany began tucking their jeans into their socks. About 2 years ago. Donno if you have already seen it somewhere. It looks awfull. Baggy jeans tucket into white cotton socks. and white patent shoes to go with it. I am not kidding you. It has to go. Now.

lmao.gif
What on earth?????

I also have to comment on the Crocs, the first time I saw them I was in the Denver airport two years ago and my Mom and I were like "What the F are those people wearing on their feet???" There was a whole family tromping aroudn in em and we were horrified. We went back and forth for a few seconds, "Maybe they're gardening slippers?" I don't know why anyone would own such terrible things.

Okay also the HUGEMONGO t-shirts and sweaters which is some kind of hop-hop, urban thing. It looks like if a strong enough wind blew, these guys would take flight. It's more like a sail than a clothing item. It's just beyond me. It's all fun and games until your t-shirt gets caught on an escalator or something.

I'm not sure if it was covered anywhere in this topic but another "fashion" problem that bothers me is a little thing I have dubbed "The Pajamaization Of the Nation" it's a problem folks, especially anywhere near college campuses. You are supposed to sleep in your pajama's, not go outside in them. Yes, I understand you're just running to the store real quick, or to blockbusters or you're going to sit in a dark movie theater, well that's nice but put on some damn clothing people, not pajamas!
My roomate from S. Korea was beyond perplexed by this fashion statement. She kept syaing " So it's style?" and I kept saying "No, they're just too lazy to get dressed!" The best was when she would tell me how she would see girls with their hair and makeup done yet still wearing pajama pants on her college campus. I'll sum up her thoughts on the subject, "So weird!"

Dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I'm not sure if it was covered anywhere in this topic but another "fashion" problem that bothers me is a little thing I have dubbed "The Pajamaization Of the Nation" it's a problem folks, especially anywhere near college campuses. You are supposed to sleep in your pajama's, not go outside in them.

Preach it.

I had a roommate my first semester who would wake up, change from her 'sleeping pajamas' to her 'class pajamas', then go to class.
hmm.gif

Pajamas as public-wear is never good, even if they are your 'class pajamas'.

Beauty Mark

Flip flops with everything. I'm talking cheap, Old Navy kind that you wear to the beach. I also hate it when people wear them after/during a rain/snow storm. Do you really want the street on your feet? Ewww

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
.... Do you really want the street on your feet? Ewww

I made the mistake of wearing sandals to a souk in Morocco after a rain storm. Every imaginable rank substance combined into a foul swill that ran down the streets into my shoes.

Not so good, my friend. Not so good.
ssad.gif

kenmei

I totally agree with the ugg boots + miniskirt. It's crazy; I see them everywhere and I live in CALIFORNIA.

As for gaucho pants and skinny jeans..sometimes I like to just close my eyes, put my hands over my ears and pretend that they don't exist. I also do this when I see someone wearing them (badly, most of the time, of course). It makes driving a bit difficult. Lol, jk!

Espadrilles. Um, ew. I haven't seen anyone whose feet look good wearing them. The same goes for those "sneaker-stilettos" thingies.

Luxurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Didn't those trends go away a long time ago???

sometimes I still see people with these caps
ohboy.gif
:durrr:
nonono.gif

Dark_Phoenix

The "prep" look (if you're in semi-rural Southern US) with trailer trash make-up/hair style.

Sorry, the BADLY bleached hair does not do anything for your Polo shirts, fake pearls, denim minis or Vera Bradley bags.

I'm at an all girl's school (boarding) and so almost no one dresses up for class... but of course there's always one or two idiots who come wearing pjs and get sent back to change. Track suits - ok. Sweat pants + t-shirt - ok. Not even getting dressed or (ew) changing your undergarments? - NO.

Dreamergirl3

baubly (sp?lol) plastic jewelry (big round beaded plastic necklaces, thick plastic hoop earrings, bracelets) It looks as cheap as it was to make IMO

miztgral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
Yah, now that we are bombarded with this lame tattoo-shows everybody suddenly has a fucking dead relative they need to honour!
AND people that 'hint' around that they have a tattoo or piercing in a place that i don't want to know about!

Miami Ink? Well, over here in Singapore I get Miami Ink but I quite like it. At least it lets me know that some people get tattoos for some sort of a genuine cause and not just for the "cool thing". Oh well. Must have been such a close-minded person back then.

Cinammonkisses

I'm not a fan of the mini skirts donned w/ leggings

I hate skinny jeans

Fake Knockoff purses

Uggs...or any of those similar styles w/ the pom-pom ties on the boot

jokers_kick

A lot of people are told to wear crocs by podiatrists. They're not nice to look at, but they help people with arch, leg, and back problems.

As for the whole skinny jean trend, I was never able to fit into "flares" or any other type of jeans. Flares were never long enough, and any other kind of jeans were too baggy at the top. I'd much rather have my pants fitted than high-watered flares that don't fit correctly : /

Latest posts