What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

medusalox

I dislike the middle school aged children that dress up all 'scene' or 'emo' and pierce themselves, and then come over and harass me at starbucks with 1000 questions about MY piercings/tattoos. So. Irritating.

I also dislike crocs, sequined belts, and orange fake tans.

Oh yeah, and leggings under skirts.

smiles.gif

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Flip flops with everything. I'm talking cheap, Old Navy kind that you wear to the beach. I also hate it when people wear them after/during a rain/snow storm. Do you really want the street on your feet? Ewww

I just made my yearly old navy flip flop run.
lol.gif
I buy four or five pairs in different colors every year...they're cheap, I can wear them with almost anything and to be honest, in Texas during July, wearing anything else is just silly. It's too hot for vanity at that point.
smiles.gif

And, since all I ever wear during the summer time is a bikini, cut off BDUs and flip flops, I like having several pair.
greengrin.gif

lara

People who ruin the look of their smart business suits by wearing running shoes or joggers. I know comfort is important, but damn dude, go buy a pair of smart black Rockports or something. You're killing me here.

Not so much a trend, but still incredibly tacky: home-made bedazzled/puff-painted shirts, especially those that pop up around Christmas. It looks like Liberace vomited on your shirt, honey.

glamdoll

Sadly I have seen the trend of boys w humoungos shirts! I call em night gowns, WITH the jeans tucked into their socks wrapped w rubberbands.. I guess its their "baller" look!

- Guys w earing: I dont like it at all! the ones that wear the fake "bling" because it looks cool n the earing is HUGE! My father in law is into motorcycles so he has one small small hoop. n it looks cool cus he doesnt look all trashy. He is a business man so I dunno how he pulls it off!

-Big girls w SHORT SHORTS! and TIGHT shirts.. like my mother would say "parecen tamales mal enrollados" they look like tamales that werent wrapped properly!

-blond hair w black roots.. eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!

- sweaters w the fake animal fur around the neck...
gross specially here in cali!

-Emos.. I hate their style its disgusting. a guy should never ever wear girl jeans. its gross

- parents that let their 10 yr old dress like sluts.
Ive seen it all too often here. My husband feels like going up to the
parent n slappin them for lettin their child dress like that.

wrong shade of foundation! gross!

I cant think of anymore.. the gaucho thing.. I wore them durin my
pregnancy... nothing fit!!! =[ hehehe

I don't like guys wearing pants down to their ankles. I heard that if you did that in prison, then you wanted to have sex with someone. but I don't know if that's true, I still hate that trend. And guys wearing girl pants. HELLO, they're girl pants, made for girls because they fit girls!

I don't like the mini skirts and shorts where you can see butt cheeks hanging out almost, um, ew, no one wants to see that! I wear leggings underneath my miniskirts, but I can pull the look off usually. I don't like crocs, my mom has them and likes them, good for her. She can keep them.

Tia

Fashion is fickle and everyone is different.
I don't think it's possible to thoroughly judge what people wear, unless they're dressing the same as each other because they don't know who they are.

redambition

not that it's getting colder here, the craze of wearing teeny tiny miniskirts (or teeny tiny shorts, just for variety) with bare legs and knee high ugg boots has picked up again.

puke.gif
it looks terrible. if you're cold, wear something decent!

(ps, not against mini skirts in winter. i think they work better with opaque tights and nice shoes or boots)

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Flip flops with everything. I'm talking cheap, Old Navy kind that you wear to the beach. I also hate it when people wear them after/during a rain/snow storm. Do you really want the street on your feet? Ewww

flip flops are awsome there the most comfortable shoes you can wear, its like not wearing shoes at all.. i guess unless you live in a beach community or very hot climate you cant really understand the need for this attire... but i love my flip flops

Beauty Mark

I understand sometimes wearing them (the northeast actually gets pretty hot and humid in the summer), but when people start wearing them in places that are considered "business casual" or to fancy restaurants/events, I have a problem with flip flops. Wearing them on the street, to the beach, to the movies, fine, but there's a time and place not wear them as well.

It's like sneakers are fine, but there are some places you don't wear them.

PrudeyNudey

Wow, I'm interested to know what you girls DO like and wear! In Australia most of your dislikes are so beyond being trendy that they are now staples..eg. about 90% of the female population wouldn't be caught dead in flared jeans and skinny or straight styles are seen on pretty much everyone except nannas, gangsters or dags (i'm generalizing here) and footless tights, a high waisted belt and maybe a sparkley bolaro transform a plain dress into something cute to wear at night.

As for my dislikes:

* Light coloured or flared jeans
* Uggies when worn inappropriately with skirts or over baggy jeans (or out in public for that matter)
* Any shoes with a wedge..including boots, strappy, corky etc
* Thick belts worn over tops swimming on hips..all this does is make your hips look bigger! Or stretchy material belts
* CROCS! Except the ballet flat ones are cute.
* I'm not digging the emo stuff either...unless you ARE an emo.
* Skate shoes with jeans, or skirts...same goes for the boys

Thats all for now, but i'm sure i'll think of more! Now that i think of it, most of my dislikes aren't all that 'trendy' at all.

stefania905

lately ive been seeing a lot of overly tan girls with white eyeshadow like alll the way under their eye.

i mean i do that once in a while to make my eyes POP but too much is just too much sometimes

lilacsandlolita

ohhhhh I have a lot, I live in a small town and you would not believe the fashion crimes here.

-red or purple lipliner with no lipstick
-crocs with socks or crocks period
-when guys wear swim shorts to school
-big strappy gothic pants
-shants as i like to call them which are when guys wear their pants with the crotch at the knees
-jesus sandals
-dirty white flip flops especially when the trailer trash girls around here have dirty feet and toenails too
-when girls bras are too small and they bulge over in the front or theyre too tight and they have like rolls underneath them
-inch thick black liner and chalky eyeshadow which a lot of goth kids do
-gaucho pants
-when skinny girls try to fit into pants that are too small

and pretty much everything else that has been mentioned haha

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik
Even worse - guys with the long shirts that go down to their knees, paired with the long basketball style shorts where the crotch BEGINS at the knees, and the shorts only end up showing an inch or two of leg.

Don't they realize this look makes them look like 3 foot midgets? Seriously, this look doesn't do a thing for anybody, it can make guys with great bodies look foolish.

And God forbid they ever actually had to run out of the way of a car or something -how fast can you run when your knees are bound together by the crotch of your shorts?

I have to restrain myself from actually walking up to some of these guys and ask them if that tiny portion of their leg gets cold or if they get a really funny sun tan from it. It looks awfulllll (ly stupid)

And I don't think they ould get away from anything...and for these so called "gangsters" that try and run from the police with this look....Gooooood luck! You're gonna walk/run/waddle as fast as you can, looking like a penguin. How cool, thuggin and gangster will you feel when you try and run and you trip? Or one of your dunks falls off because you don't actually tie your shoes?

And I've seen bimbo-ish looking girls hang ALL OVER guys like that. HOW in the world is that attractive?!?!?!

Beauty Mark

Well, in the song, Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta, they claim that gangsta don't run for anything (this is a paraphrase, btw), because they can't run fast
smiles.gif

Holly

My god I saw the worst pair of pants ever today on someone while I was at work. Blue sweatpants, with the word VIRGIN on the ass, in silver rhinestones on a 14ish year old girl. Classy ey?

triccc

I hate novelty t shirts. those shirts you could get at spencers. for exaple.. the one that says f.b.i meaning female body inspector

soo stupid!

I agree.. platform flip flops.

and the overall skirts!
who thought that would look good?!!!
overalls already are something kids wear, but to have it as like a mini skirt!? comeee onnnn!