What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

anjaok

Ew, haha, I saw sets of acrylic french manicure toenails at the store the other day, pretty much thought what the hell??? also.

I'm quite sick of seeing skinny jeans, I don't mind them on certain people but not on everyone.

User49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMeLipGloss
i hate ponchos.
i'm not too fond of the whole hippie boho trend, i guess. it looks good on kate moss and sienna miller, but quite frankly, it doesn't look that good on 90% of the girls who copy it.

clap.gif
Finally! It has been said! It's like throwing on a blanket and saying ta daaaa! Yikes!
puke.gif

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tania_nia
However, I don't even think alot of kids know bands like The Ramones, Led Zepplin, etc etc. Please for the love of God only wear a band shirt if you know the bands music!!

That really irks me too - Ramones stuff in particular has been all over the place being worn by kids who probably don't even know they were a *band*, never mind know their music!

Recently, I've even seen a few letters in magazines with girls asking where they could get "that cool T-shirt with an eagle thing and some writing I saw celeb xyz wearing" ...
rant.gif

rebekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle
Guys who wear girl pants. Honestly. I can't help but ask them if it hurts their package. They always say no, of course, but I think they're lying. -_-

whats wrong with guys wearing girl pants if they f it them better? my boyfriend wears girls jeans becuase he has a bubble butt and the mens jeans make it look funny.

anyhow.

i'm sick of
glowfurfashionpoliceee.jpg

GLOW FUR! lol

ratmist

Skinny-leg jeans. They look good on 2% of the population (I'm in the 98%), so that 2% should wear them, and everyone else should find something else that flatters them.

The size zero trend.

ratmist

Seriously, the 'size zero' trend, otherwise known as "If you want to be able to wear high labels, you need to be between size zero and four."

I mean, wtf! I honestly think it's bitchy old gay male designers who are convinced that grown women should have the bodies of 14 year old boys.

Other thing that pisses me off rotten - hair extensions. Rarely are they done well, and rarely do they look great. Sick to death of seeing all the ratty-haired, fake orange tanned, acrylic-french-manicured-toenail-wearing, rolls-of-skin-over-elasticated-denim-trousers, sparkly g-string hanging out proudly over the arservoir (definition: a sweaty ass crack), girls in this town.

I mean, Jesus, do they not own a mirror or have an honest friend that will say, "Get back in the house and try again!"

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
Seriously, the 'size zero' trend, otherwise known as "If you want to be able to wear high labels, you need to be between size zero and four."

Don't hate on the size 0's =p We have feelings too.

sharyn

Quote:
Other thing that pisses me off rotten - hair extensions. Rarely are they done well, and rarely do they look great. Sick to death of seeing all the ratty-haired, fake orange tanned, acrylic-french-manicured-toenail-wearing, rolls-of-skin-over-elasticated-denim-trousers, sparkly g-string hanging out proudly over the arservoir (definition: a sweaty ass crack), girls in this town.

I mean, Jesus, do they not own a mirror or have an honest friend that will say, "Get back in the house and try again!"

you just described the typical average "chicka" from my town. comes with guy wearing a shirt that says "5uck my d1ck." or "Mr.69" (It is a fact that these shirts are seen and are sold everywhere here since mid 2005) Ghettofab? Baaaaaarf.

Cosmopolitics

Quote:

I mean, wtf! I honestly think it's bitchy old gay male designers who are convinced that grown women should have the bodies of 14 year old boys.

I hear that designers' small sizes are actually inflated.

I'm only a size 0 or a 2 (which is becoming more and more hard to find) because the rest of America got larger. I wore a 5 five years ago and I was ten to fifteen pounds lighter then. I can't afford high labels on a student's salary, anyway.

'Sides, fourteen year old boys are looking more plump these days.
lol.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Don't hate on the size 0's =p We have feelings too.

As a plus-size woman, I can honestly say that I have nothing but envy for you.
smiles.gif

If you're a healthy, happy size zero because you're active or have a naturally fast metabolism, fantastic.
It's those who starve themselves, take laxatives, etc., because they think anything larger than a size four is "fat" who concern me.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmopolitics

I'm only a size 0 or a 2 (which is becoming more and more hard to find) because the rest of America got larger. I wore a 5 five years ago and I was ten to fifteen pounds lighter then. I can't afford high labels on a student's salary, anyway.

lol.gif

I'm a size 2 as well. I noticed things are getting bigger, too. I thought it was just my imagination.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmopolitics

lol.gif

But it's the 'size 0' trend that I hate - not the ladies who are naturally small. Fifty years ago, the 'size 0' ladies would've been a size six or four, or a normal 'small'. It's the mentality behind actually lowering the sizes - and actually, while I'm on the soapbox, the one trend I would see abolished forever are sizes of clothing are insanely arbitrary. Some designers' size 6 fit me, and some designers' size 10 fit me. That makes absolutely no sense, but is a recipe for angst and frustration when I go shopping.

The other thing I'd say - when I left America in 1999, I was a size 8-10 in misses, or a size 11-13 in juniors (I was 17 when I left, so would still visit the 'juniors' department). When I visited family in Dec 2005, I found that American female sizes had changed hugely, so now I fit into a size 6-8 misses. This is insane, because I've gained adult curves and a good 20 lbs. I should be in a size 10-12 range.

- vanity sizing by clothing companies (i can fully admit, my measurements have changed since i was in my teens, yet the size i wear hasn't. clothing companies are just playing tricks on us)
- clothing and purses with logos galore (great for nascar drivers, not for the rest of us to be walking billboards)
- ugg boots in 80 degree weather. (its just stupid)
- boob jobs for teens (please just let nature take it course before you try to speed it along)
- super low jeans and pants (low rise i like, super-dooper-you-need-to-have-a-brazillian-before-wearing-these jeans is completely unnecessary)
- tramp stamps and whale tails (never liked them, never will)

NaturallyME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Flip flops with everything. I'm talking cheap, Old Navy kind that you wear to the beach. I also hate it when people wear them after/during a rain/snow storm. Do you really want the street on your feet? Ewww

I live in Fl and those Old Navy and Rainbow flip flops is all everyone wears...haha

Beauty Mark

I hope this isn't a trend and hope it goes away quickly:

Men jogging around in Speedos or shorts cut like Speedos.

Cosmopolitics

Quote:

I haven't been seeing any of that going on but...yuck! I feel for all of you that have to see that (and I bet it's really hairy unattractive men, too!)

Big gold hoop earrings with your name on it.
Big thick necklaces with your name all over.
Putting so much "Bling Bling" (or whatever it’s called) that your about to fall over
Dark Brown lip liner with no lipstick just lip-gloss
The emo look
The Boho look
Super tight ponytails with a ton of gel & hairspray that it starts to flake and you look like you had a face lift
Bright colored suit jackets that looks like it’s from the 80’s
Any button shirts with huge shoulder padding
Uggs
Wearing your regular socks up to your knees with shorts for no apparent reason
Big sweaters with short shorts
Socks with flip flops
Men in bikini thongs (not flattering)
Overweight men in Speedos
Orange tans and dark crispy looking tans too lol
Jeans that are put under your ass to expose your boxers
Wearing your basketball jersey shirts constantly
Wearing pajamas to school, wtf?
Wearing hair combs in your hair
The whole writing “Juicy” “hot” on the ass of your pants, no one cares
Wearing a ton of gold teeth caps for fashion, yea not cute
I don’t like the bubble skirts/dresses I don’t find them flattering
Bug eyed glasses

I know I’m not the trendiest person around and made few mistakes too but some of these are just not cute at all

Shimmer

Quote:

Those are actually 'running shorts' according to a guy I know who runs in them, and he SWEARS they're the most comfortable shorts ever.
I still make fun of him for wearing what I've decided to call "manpanties".

Katura

hahahahaha manpanties...

I've some more to add! I'm constantly on the look out!

Women who buy shoes sizes too small...(how the heck is that comfy/good for your feet?!)
Women in peep toes that let their toes hang over...odd.
Those damnpants/shorts/capris I see guys in...they are becoming rampant in my area.
Guys in actualy capri pants. (aka tight past the knee shorts)
grungy toenails. groosssssssssss get a pedi!
Leggings with teeshirts tucked in. ohmygod bad!