What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

starangel2383

i have only read a few of these replies and i wholeheartedly agree with every single one of them, especially the ones about sizing. i have been a big girl ever since i was in elementary school. i cant help it its just the way i am, i eat the right types of food, i do walking and stuff, dont drink , dont smoke dont do any of that crap. but anyways enough about me, i cant stand the way that clothing companies label the sizing on their clothing. you know what i also hate? i hate whenever i have to get new shoes that it is hard for me to find my size shoe in a wide size. its like they think that most of the world has normal narrow feet, when in actuality not everyone in the world has narrow feet or small feet. i mean come on, i was watching this thing on VH1 yesterday about celebrities and their different body parts and they talked about feet and that people like Shaquille O'Neal has a size 22 foot and Paris Hilton wears a size 11 shoe. i just wish they made a larger variety of shoes in just more than one size and width.

Beauty Mark

With shoes, I have small feet and can't find great styles. I can wear children's shoes, but they look like children's shoes and even at that point, they don't have a great variety.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
With shoes, I have small feet and can't find great styles. I can wear children's shoes, but they look like children's shoes and even at that point, they don't have a great variety.

Same with me. I can't find shoes that fit me. I have to use insoles and stuff the toes of my shoes if they're closed toe to avoid wearing shoes meant for kids.

girloflowers

leggings. I hate leggings. Sorry if you guys like them but in my opion they should not be worn under any condition whatsoever. They are ugly, ugly, ugly. especially when worn with just a t shirt, hello, no one wants to see your VPL and your fat rolls on your ass! Say no to leggings!

I also hate crocs.

and that overbleached over teased over dyed shoddily extension-ed over straightened mank scene mullet hair.

/rant

gabi1129

i hate leggings as well. especially when worn will ballerina flats! its so old. and not every woman can pull this off. ive seen woman as old as 45 try to do this. its not right. and what even worse is they wear a "long" fitted shirt and then leggings under it. but what they dont realize is that their shirt rides up, their leggings are stretched so much that you see what underwear, if any, they are wearing as well as that tattoo on their bum. not fun.

now leggings with pumps is hot! but no flats!

other trends i hate:
* bright colored shorts, this porbably isnt a trend everywhere but the people in the mall i work at love them.
* wearing pink sweatpants everywhere. its a step up from pj's but still! eeckie in my book.
* jellys- i hate those. i refuse to sell a pair to anyone in my store.
* fake coach bags. i dont care if you carry one, its just when these girls hate on me. i pull out reciepts. yep yep!
* 10-12 year old girls in 4inch heels! maybe not a trend but i needs to stop.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I'm a size 2 as well. I noticed things are getting bigger, too. I thought it was just my imagination.

Nope there all getting bigger...

It's like how fast food restaraunts dont even sell small drinks anymore, the small size is what used to be a medium.

Clothing is the same way. I need a 00 in most stores now (they dont typically sell of stock much of this size), but it's not because I've lost any weight, but the brands are making bigger size's. So I typically end up tailoring most of my clothing to fit me properly.

I'm tired of seeing female celebs in poorly-executed lacefront wigs. If you have the money to get it custom made or tailored to fit your dome, then you have the money to make sure that the lace around the hairline comes in a color that matches YOUR skintone. That light line is super obvious when you don't have light skin.

I'm tired of folks holding on to their mullets. GIVE IT UP ALREADY!
nonono.gif

NaturallyME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle~Marsalis
I'm tired of seeing female celebs in poorly-executed lacefront wigs. If you have the money to get it custom made or tailored to fit your dome, then you have the money to make sure that the lace around the hairline comes in a color that matches YOUR skintone. That light line is super obvious when you don't have light skin.

I'm tired of folks holding on to their mullets. GIVE IT UP ALREADY!
nonono.gif

i was thinking the same thing Beyonce and Tyra are my girls but damn with the light line running across your forehead that is TOO OBVIOUS!!
lmao.gif

sandyyyy <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Those are actually 'running shorts' according to a guy I know who runs in them, and he SWEARS they're the most comfortable shorts ever.
I still make fun of him for wearing what I've decided to call "manpanties".

HAHAHAHA manpanties
i swear someone needs to send the fashion police of where i live
ssad.gif

i absolutely hate:
- crocs
- uggs
- guys who wear over sized t shirts and baggy pants
- girls who wear those ugly track suits with words on the ass!!
nonono.gif

- huge earrings and ugly accessories (OMG someone please take those away!!)
- emo boys ( you have a life so why waste it by being sad and lonely!)
- t shirts with a tank or tube top over it
angry.gif

- fake handbags
- slutty little 10-14 year olds!! ewwwww

i have some other things but i forgot lol
rofl.gif

PolyphonicLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
+ Starving, uber-skinny girls
+ Giant purses that are like a 1/3 of a women's body size and weight. Do most people really need to carry that much shit around?

I like bags like that - for school! backpacks and I usually dont get along...so bags like that are perfect for school books.

and Im not that thin...kinda curvy, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai
Gawd, my boyfriend claims he felt physically ill when he saw a tracksuit pair of velvet pants that said "Juicy" on the ass. Hahaha. Ass juice is not hot.

as a joke freshman year, I cut up sweats, and wrote "LOOK AT MY BUTT" on the back. thats all those stupid pants are for, so people notice a woman's usually non existant ass! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Frost
The "prep" look (if you're in semi-rural Southern US) with trailer trash make-up/hair style.

Sorry, the BADLY bleached hair does not do anything for your Polo shirts, fake pearls, denim minis or Vera Bradley bags.

praise Jesus. Im not the only one. Im in Louisiana, soooo Im used to this. ironically, the ones that dress like that, look down at me! they can kiss my ass, the unfashionable bastards.

emo isnt bad to me. only when they ARENT really that way, and are overdoing it..then its a prob.

crocs disgust me, but my friends adore them. my ex and current intrest [if you can say that] both wear them purely for the comfort, nothing else.

boho looks dirty.

I love big glasses, they slim my face down.

skinny jeans are hot on a good figure.

but I truly hate ballet flats. some look DECENT, but not on girls like me with long, thin feet! that makes them look LONGER!

and I hate big girls in small clothes. one of my classmates wore too tight pants and tees a size smaller than she should have - we wear uniforms [not too bad] so it was quite horrid.

hm...

oh, and uhm.

mini skirts + leggings = death.
greengrin.gif

SingFrAbsoltion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
+ Giant purses that are like a 1/3 of a women's body size and weight. Do most people really need to carry that much shit around?

haha yea some of us do
my bags keep getting bigger and bigger because i need room for all my crap. i dont even know why everything takes up that much space
hmm.gif

ThiicknSeskii

A big trend in Australia right now is leggings/tights with a big smock dress or pinafore with ankle boots and a skivvy
hmm.gif
its winter??
it makes the skinniest girl look pregnant..i dislike this trend.
Everything is also grey! why grey? its worser then black.

pumpkincat210

why are people still wearing leggings, its been almost a year or more now. Also the shirts that are coming out look like maternity wear. been there done that.

tiramisu

oh man this thread is cracking me up! Haven't read it all, so sorry if it's already mentioned, but the strappy heel/wedge secured over your jeans look that Sienna Miller is constantly pitching I hope NEVER becomes a trend. It just looks so completely dorky. I also second the leggings trend... oi, I grew up in the 80's so I don't want to see them ever again!!!!

I love the website, Go Fug Yourself (just google it, I'm sorry I don't have a link right now) those bitches are so completely hilarious in their appraisal of celeb fashion, but to their credit give props when it's rightfully owed.

cyens

People who wear exactly what in style ( exactly what magazins say berharps ) but can't make it work and still look very ugly.

ragdolly

I just wish all the trends of the past few years would go away...I think 1995 was the last time anything original came out

I understand that what comes around goes around and I love some of the vintage looks but in the past 5 years or so every style that has come out has been nothing but a complete copy cat of something that was already done

all the most popular current trends are just exact rip offs of the 60s and 70s

why can't Americans just be more original???

Beauty Mark

Quote:
why can't Americans just be more original???

It's not just Americans... Lots of the designers are recycling ideas or reworking them

ragdolly

well I don't doubt that...but it just seems that over hear people aren't as diverse as they are in other places...I could be wrong since I don't live "in other places" but it just seems that everyone here looks the same

SingFrAbsoltion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdolly
well I don't doubt that...but it just seems that over hear people aren't as diverse as they are in other places...I could be wrong since I don't live "in other places" but it just seems that everyone here looks the same

everyone looks the same in other countries too..except for a select few who choose to stand out