What was your biggest MAC accident?

jeitzen

Aww, that sucks!

The biggest accident I've had is that I dropped about half my sample of my much loved Deckchair pigment -- probably around 1/2 tsp. worth gone
ssad.gif
( Sad but now I have a full jar, so YES!
greengrin.gif

DILLIGAF

I was just doing my holiday face and while reaching to adjust my mirror I knocked over a full jar of Grape pigment. I managed to use my brushes like a mini dust pan and broom to get most of it back into the jar. However there is purple EVERYWHERE!!!! I am a sad panda
ssad.gif

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
I dropped my pan of All That Glitters last week, it was almost gone but it still would have lasted me for a while.

ssad.gif

DSCN0894.jpg

Sorry your shadow broke. I might just be weird, but there's something artistic about this pic. Like the way the pieces broke. Still sad, though.

Door

So far I have had only one MAC accident. I was depotting Vanilla e/s in a hurry (Patience is NOT my middle name) when it broke into pieces. I managed to repress the poor e/s so that it actually worked better than before and only with minor loss of the product.
thmbup.gif

lekzie

I have a doozy... You might want to look away now.
cry.gif

I am one of those people who depots EVERYTHING... Even all of my NARS(that plastic smells!!...like poison!).

I have about 25 palettes with the inserts taken out and they're ALL full. 7 NARS blushes/20+ e/s(MAC,UD,Nars, in each...) Ugh, my stomach is turning.

LOOK AWAY!!
fool.gif

So, I moved across the country. I could not possibly bring them ALL with me on the plane. I packed them up nice and made sure that they were VERY secure and I shipped them... however, I did not realize that my brother actually decided to be helpful for once and... packed shampoo, lotion, and conditioner in the SAME box and didn't even make sure that they were sealed!!!!!

I'm sure you can all imagine what happened next...
bangdesk.gif

RIP
14+ NARS Blushes
60+ MAC Shadows
30+ UD Shadows
Along with the rest of my blushes, e/s, a bronzer palette, and whatever else I have tried to erase from my memory b/c it's just too upsetting to think about.

Nothing was chipped... just COVERED in goo
cry.gif

[/font]

xKiKix

my face and body foundation oxidized in the bottle, concealer become a weird texture/consistency and i squirted out a large portion of my prep + prime skin onto the floor when using it. i think my lesson was to use up all my foundation and concealers that i currently own and aim the primer nozzle closer to palm (lol).

kittykit

I was getting ready for the company Christmas party last month... putting the eye shadows and blush I wore that night and I accidetally dropped Style Snob on the bathroom floor - it shattered
ssad.gif
It's one of my favourites.

banana1234

i dont know if this has been said, i think we should abbreviate to MACident, instead of mac accident, hehe, i cringe reading your horrible stories!

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie75
About a month ago I was sitting on the floor playing with my e/s palettes. I was doing a new labeling system and had them all there (Ten 15 pan palettes). It was great fun, as we all know.

I stood up, palettes in hand, to put them away. My foot had fallen asleep so I was very careful when I got up.

Much to my horror, my entire leg was asleep. When I went to take a step, I crumbled to the floor, hitting the wall hard on my way down. My precious PALETTES HIT THE FLOOR with me!!!

I had to scoot to the bathroom on my rear because I couldn't standup and I was bleeding and didn't want to get it all over the carpet
cry.gif
. All I could think about was that I was afraid to open my palettes.

I picked them up later and put them away, still not being able to work up the nerve to open them. The next day when I returned home from the doctor with pain meds and my ankle in a brace, I thought what the hell. I sat and slowly opened them, one by one. AMAZING, the MAC Gods were watching over me................not one loss
th_worship.gif
!!! ALL of the e/s were perfect!!!

now that's hardcore!!! save the mac, injure yourself!

gildedangel

My biggest MACident happened when I was doing a big depotting session last summer. I saved my Aquavert e/s for last, since this was the first time I was depotting and I wanted to get the technique down on the perm e/s that I can replace before doing the LE ones. Well, I tried to depot my Aquavert, but I swear that MAC superglued the pan to the plastic insert. There was a hole in the bottom of the plastic and that sucker wasn't budging. Needless to say I pushed too hard and I dropped it on the counter, shattering the e/s! *Thankfully* I had prepared for this and covered the whole counter in clean wax paper. I was able to salvage most of the e/s and repress it!

thiscarmen

Hmm I have a couple accidents hahaha.

When I depotted Mocha blush and Frankly Scarlet blush...let's just say that it was not a smooth process. Chunks of them fell out and...it was just heartbreaking.

Then when I depotted Copperplate e/s...same thing happened. Chunks fell out and it was just horrible.

And one time I dropped my pressed blot powder into my porcelain sink. And woooooo that did not turn out well. There was blot powder EVERYWHERE and I lost a LOT of it.

aussiemacluvrrr

Only two little accidents for me...

First - After doing my makeup in the bathroom (didn't have a vanity at the time) I stupidly left my SFF on the sink. My wonderful boyfriend goes in there to have a shower and of course, somehow manages to knock it on to the tiles with his towel (??). The bottle cracked and SFF went EVERYWHERE! Now there is a beautiful stain in the grout to remind me every time I walk in there :p

Second - Depotting my first quad, Tempting, and stuck my knife straight into the middle of Dark Edge, cracking off half of it...
cry.gif

Thankfully that is the worst of it
greengrin.gif

SUMM3RxBABii

Aw, sorry about that. I would've cried. lol

My biggest mistake was (still is), putting my eyeshadows on the side of the sink. And since my sink is pretty small and the tub is right next to it, anything that falls from the sink lands on the tub. So I accidentally knocked down my Swimming e/s and it was all cracked. I tried put all the cracked pieces back in and even worse, I put it back on the sink again and everything came out
ssad.gif

GlamQueen21

I have about 4 MAC accidents to tell. Last night, I was rearranging my eyeshadows in my palette and when I try to take out Vanilla e/s, it started to crack and pieces of it started to come off! I was really sad and I did the same to Texture e/s! Thankfully I ordered them online on that same day. The next day, my Carbon e/s cracked and I was not too thrilled. And also today I completely shattered Aquavert e/s!!! I was really pissed and so sad about it so I put it in my empty MUFE Diamond Powder jar in case I want to repress it sometime soon. I ordered Aquavert e/s off of Dillard's website and I'm shocked it's still there! Also, I ruined the top part of Off The Page e/s today! I'm being so clumpsy today and I will order another one to replace it now. I also saved the pieces that were ruined and put it in my Jesse's Girl Eye Dust jar. From now on, I'm telling myself to never depot LE eyeshadows and stick with buying the perm eyeshadows and put them in palettes now.

Goat Goat Etc.

I drove 4 hours to and 4 hours from Dallas to the only MAC Pro in my state. I got Azalea blush. I was depotting it when it fragmented at a top layer around the ridge!!! I hadn't used it yet!!! A layer came up and out from the ridge--luckily--it could have been worse. I could be looking at the bottom of the pan.

SmokeSignal16

^Oh wow where you coming from? Austin, San Antonio-ish?
Anyways my MAC accident was today when I was getting ready to go to a Stars game (hockey). I was using my Bronzescape solor bits and I went to take the plastic lid protector off and it slipped outta my hands and fell on my bed and I now have a huge splat of bronze on my black quilt now....

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
^Ah nice city, I need to go down that way more often to visit!

I need to visit your dear congested Dallas again! If I could just get around and know where to go I'd marry Dallas I think--or pursue a relationship at least. haha

I stayed over there with a friend and was really impressed! I wanted to dance and party on the gay strip (but I was too little)!

Latest posts