What was your biggest MAC accident?

cazgh

I wish me and my sister were close enough for her to steal my make up - these days we just don't swap stuff anymore
ssad.gif
and this thread has only just made me realise that I miss it...

I am new to MAC addiction and so far, so good (don't want to tempt fate too much). Back when I was much younger (like at least 10 years ago) I found the only make up that sat well on my face was Clinique Balanced make up which came in a glass jar.

I dropped it on the kitchen floor which was tile and it shattered, spilling everywhere and having glass pieces in it so nothing could be saved. I was heartbroken and also a student so not really able to replace it. My mum saw how upset I was and bought me a replacement as a gift - bless her!!

Literally a day later I did the same thing and lost the brand new bottle too. I did cry and needless to say mum didnt replace it for me.

Gutted - and it still pains me now to think about it
smiles.gif

Pinupsundae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikara
Have you ever seen a brand new studio fix fluid falling to the floor in slow motion while saying NOOOOOOOO? well, I have... Had to clean and remove makeup from everywhere while trying to keep a curious cat away from the crime scene

To the first poster... so sorry for those palettes! my heart would have stopped...

Ditto, except my Studio Fix had just made it across the ocean in one piece (I live in Australia and Studio Fix here is riiiiiidiculously expensive) so I was rejoicing over it. Took it into my bathroom, turned too quickly and knocked it over and smashed it all over my tiles and bathmat. Then, I knelt down to start cleaning (that stuff STICKS) and cut open my knee and ruined my favourite pair of stockings on some glass. Ah I cried, it was so pathetic, but stuff like that just makes me upset and frustrated at myself! Plus my cat was excited too, I was picturing studio fix paw-prints all across the house (and the stuff stuck in her thick fur - ugh!) so I kicked her out real fast. They're too curious for their own good sometimes...

LMD84

not a mac item but i dropped a bright orange loose shadow all over my beige carpet (new carpet!) this morning! doh!!!!!

MAC_Whore

Not too bad, really.

I dropped an shattered a New Vegas MSF, but had a backup so I wasn't really too bummed.

I recently broke an MSF Natural, but those are perm, so meh...no biggie.

I dropped a carbon on the bathroom tile, but it didn't spread out too much.

My biggest almost-MAC-accident was when I was going through a security checkpoint at the airport. The guy wanted to search my carry-on traincase. He was about to open it sideways. There would have been shit everywhere. I warned him as quickly and urgently as possible without causing a stir in the security checkpoint. Not a place where you want to shout or cause panic, you know. lol

fallenang3l211

I wish my MAC accident was at home!! Ugh would have been less of a failure.

So I'm in the Pro store drooling over pigments, my eyes are literally falling out of my head. I pick up some random jars and look at the color through the jar - smart thing to do, right? I'm such a sucker for purples so my smart ass opens up any jar of purple pigment I can get my fingers on. Now, the Pro store in SF recently rearranged - the pigments used to be next to the register where there are lots and lots and lots of people. Now, the pigments are in the back of the store where its pretty quiet. I'm standing there swatching pigments with a big smile on my face knowing I'm going to walk out with at least 2 new purples. I guess I must have really been in the zone because one of the MA's startled me when she asked if I needed any help. I DROPPED the jar of pigment on the freakin floor. Big cloud of purple pigment just goes POOF. I was mortifiedddd! Luckily the jar wasn't very full so they didn't make me pay for it..ugh. Lucky me, the store was busy so about 10 other shoppers saw me drop the jar.

Fail or blessing in disguse? I suppose it would have been worse if I bought a jar and dropped it at home..

AmberElizabeth

I had my jar of Dark Soul pigment sitting open on my bathroom counter and as I was reaching for a brush, my fiance came in and put both our ferrets on the counter... And ferrets are VERY nosey animals. One of them knocked the jar over with his nose, and sneezed causing more pigment to poof out of the jar!!! Luckily, the jar was only half full so not too much came out. Still though, Dark Soul is my absolute favorite and I use it almost daily! I would have freaked if more was dumped out. I'm guessing only a pinch came out.

rehana

Ohh noo that's soo sad!!!

I've broken...

2 Studio Fix powders
Beauty Powder
Blot Powder
Select Sheer Cover Powder (whatever it's called)
and broken 4 of my quads..not the e/s but the actual quads...

=/

liquidsirenhoney

Oh that stinks. I would have probably had a heart attack i get really upset when i hurt my make-up, and me being clumsy it happens a lot. I'm sorry. yesterday i spilled bronzer everywhere i was a glittery mess even after showering.

2twisted

I have a basket with random makeup items in it, and its usually fully. I grabbed it to move it one day, and it went flying. I had a couple old d/c shadows in there... one of them haze, anyways, after collecting everything I dropped and seeing no damage to anything (whew!) I noticed haze was gone. It went missing for a week before I found it in my stiletto. So it didnt break, but I was a touch upset for a little while!

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberElizabeth
I had my jar of Dark Soul pigment sitting open on my bathroom counter and as I was reaching for a brush, my fiance came in and put both our ferrets on the counter... And ferrets are VERY nosey animals. One of them knocked the jar over with his nose, and sneezed causing more pigment to poof out of the jar!!! Luckily, the jar was only half full so not too much came out. Still though, Dark Soul is my absolute favorite and I use it almost daily! I would have freaked if more was dumped out. I'm guessing only a pinch came out.

a ferret sneezed on your makeup? Gosh I wish I could have seen that!

MACATTAK

It's not really big, but the only thing I can remember is dropping a fluidline on tiled floor. The jar cracked, but thankfully it didn't break. I have, however, received a few MSF's broken in the mail, and that always sucks.
ssad.gif

bcsweetascandy

I am channeling Esther Rolle form Good Times right now - "Damn, damn, damn!". I was horrified while reading this story...that is my worst fear for my eyeshadows since they are all in pallets. Luckily (knock on wood) I've not had any major accidents so far, but I have broken a few shadows (retro speck, jewel blue, and flashtrack) by dropping them on the floor or while I was in the midst of de-potting.

Tat2dbeauty07

my worse was not a one time thing but twice I purchased some irideescent pressed powder from the CCO in belightful and I always keep it in my purse cause of the mirror and just in case Im in a hurry and need a little make up on well I dropped my purse on the asphalt drive way not only getting my juicy couture purse dirty but breaking my powder so I waited a fw months gave in bought another at the CCO same color kept it in my purse and I have ceramic floor in my house I was carrying in my daughters car seat and my purse set everything down not realizing I sat the car seat with my daughter in it on my purse which this time I stored my compact in my coach wristlet is smashed all over inside my wristlet so now I have a leopard coach wristlet covered with belightful on the inside the first time I broke it I didnt know about B2M this time I did so even though it was broke i still have some crushed ill use then Ill B2M it!

shops2much

I broke my Barbie Loves MAC Pearl Sunshine Beauty Powder. We had just gotten our floors done in wood from carpet. I accidentally dropped it, then bam, a shattered mess all over the floor. I was able to save a portion of it in a pigment container, but still lost a good part of it.

kabuki_KILLER

I had a more recent MAC accident. I dropped my twice used 'Of Summer' eyeshadow from Rose Romance and it broke. OH MY GOD!!!!

I seem to always drop a lot of things and make typos when I have fingernails that are longer than one millimeter. It's the universe's way of saying, "Do you think you can get away with this???!!!"

Luckily the lid was closed when this happened, so I just put the bits in a small jar and use it as a loose blush or add some fix+ to make a paste for the eyes.

natalie75

About a month ago I was sitting on the floor playing with my e/s palettes. I was doing a new labeling system and had them all there (Ten 15 pan palettes). It was great fun, as we all know.

I stood up, palettes in hand, to put them away. My foot had fallen asleep so I was very careful when I got up.

Much to my horror, my entire leg was asleep. When I went to take a step, I crumbled to the floor, hitting the wall hard on my way down. My precious PALETTES HIT THE FLOOR with me!!!

I had to scoot to the bathroom on my rear because I couldn't standup and I was bleeding and didn't want to get it all over the carpet
cry.gif
. All I could think about was that I was afraid to open my palettes.

I picked them up later and put them away, still not being able to work up the nerve to open them. The next day when I returned home from the doctor with pain meds and my ankle in a brace, I thought what the hell. I sat and slowly opened them, one by one. AMAZING, the MAC Gods were watching over me................not one loss
th_worship.gif
!!! ALL of the e/s were perfect!!!

Latest posts