What was your biggest MAC accident?

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinni
Just to add to the misery, here is a picture of the MSF Refined I recieved in the mail:

MSFRefined.jpg

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek...
cry.gif

Makes me so sad

nunu

I think you should contact MAC about the broken Refined. I am sure they'll replace it for you.

Prototype83

Pour a little liquor (or Fix+) out for all the fallen shadows/blushes/palettes/MSFs
cry.gif

hehehe....sorry I couldn't help it!
tong.gif

Lizzie

My biggest "MACcident" (erm, I don't know...I'm weird haha) was dropping my espresso eyeshadow on the bathroom floor.
It only shattered around the outside, but I'm still tempted to get a new one so it can be all pretty in palette.

All of your MACcidents are super sad!
ssad.gif

alka1

this thread has officially given me nightmares

I had a bad dream last night about me dropping my backup So Ceylon MSF. It shattered and looked like the pics posted in this thread. I remember panicking and nearly crying
shockt.gif

you can all laugh at me now. i know it's ridiculous
yes.gif

BeautyizPain

well my accident was when i tried to dry my brand new 190 brush with my hair dryer...i know, i know..what your thinking but i was desperate okay...well lets just say i didnt notice till i started smelling something burning then noticed half the brush was melted..so on top of that i decided to try to cut the burnt pieces..ummmm yeah i totally butchered my freakin brush..lol! i was sooo mad..

hawaii02

My biggest "MAC-cident" (I share the same humor Lizzie
smiles.gif
) was dropping Juxt on the floor. I saved it, but it is completely crumbled in the pot. Satin Taupe almost got the same treatment, but it got lucky and stayed together.

OfficerJenny

when depotting my Fafi quad, I didn't let the glue loosen up enough, and my shockwave got some tiny cracks in it. Now everytime i touch it it gets more and more and I'm scared for the day it really breaks :c

snowflakelashes

I had a girls night with my best friend afew weeks ago, we were practicing our falsie application. I put the Duo Adhevise on the back of my hand , and then run the false lash through it to get a nice thin line.

I applied my lashes and then went to play around putting some blush on. I'd thrown my pretty 165 BBR brush in my bag on the way over and pulled it out. I swirled it in my blush, realised I'd put on too much. And went to tap off the excess on my hand. The same hand that had the lash glue.

I had such a hard time NOT showing I was really upset. A week, many deep breaths, HOT water, and masssssive patience and two pairs of tweezermans I managed to salvage it for the most part. But still...

Brainless Accident. Yeesh. I LOVE that brush. *hugs it * haha
smiles.gif

Enchantedcameo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyizPain
well my accident was when i tried to dry my brand new 190 brush with my hair dryer...i know, i know..what your thinking but i was desperate okay...well lets just say i didnt notice till i started smelling something burning then noticed half the brush was melted..so on top of that i decided to try to cut the burnt pieces..ummmm yeah i totally butchered my freakin brush..lol! i was sooo mad..

I did the exact same thing! Except my brush wasn't brand new. I didn't wash it when I used it last so when I was using it again I had to wash it and used the blow dryer to dry it. Of course stupid me didn’t think that the heat would melt the synthetic hair. But it wasn't until I used it after it was dry that I realized it was damaged. I just felt like I had little grainy things in my foundation and was WTH! Why is my foundation feeling like there is salt in it. Then I looked at my brush and the tip of it was melted. I had to cut that part out of my brush. It kept scratching my face.

My second accident was when I was depoting my eye shadows recently, and I had my husband take the pan out of the pot for me because I was scared of damaging my eye shadow. When he was prying my Aquavert apart it popped out really fast and flew across the living room. Thankfully it didn't even crack, but my heart stopped all the same.

Kitiara

How sad
ssad.gif

My biggest thing was one of my blush drawers...(sad. 1 of my blush drawers out of three lol) were hanging out. I bumped the table enough to end it flying. Send 8 blushes and 5 MSFs to the floor.

But Nothing broke.
smiles.gif

But that didnt stop be from placing my blush drawers in the middle of my table.

Blush is my favorite, it needs babying!

Kitiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1

I had a bad dream last night about me dropping my backup So Ceylon MSF. It shattered and looked like the pics posted in this thread. I remember panicking and nearly crying
shockt.gif

Oh man! I had a dream I got sick of makeup
and grabbed a HAMMER :O

And just went POP too all my shadows and powders and blushes
It was kinda cool looking. It'd go POP! then the powder would just poof all over....It was like unrealistic when it shattered too. It'd like explode all over the place and POOF....lol.

statusmode

that's awful!! last week I accidently knocked over an eyeshadow (I usually NEVER apply makeup in the bathroom) and it landed in the toilet. Having to flush a precious eyeshadow was too sad I can only imagine losing four palettes!! RIP Gorgeous Gold. You will be missed (and replaced!) lol

Karen_B

I have been lucky so far, no big MAC disasters. But I had 2 blushes break on me in the same week, which was disturbing. My Peachykeen had been in my makeup bag while travelling, and when I unpacked it is was in pieces. I can still use it, but not bring it anywhere. Then a few days later I dropped my Gentle mineralize blush, and it broke in half. The two halves are still intact, though!

MacAddict09

I dropped my msf natural the day I got it, and it shattered in half. Unfortunatly one half of the msf went all over my floor and was not salvagable. A month later I got my blond msf and it went right in my makeup bag, I hardly handled it for fear of having it shatter too. Lesson learned.

kabuki_KILLER

I have a tendency to drop the lipstick samples (or accidentally nudging them off the counter) while shopping at MAC stores...while the lipstick is twisted up and I'm using/comparing it.

I also have really fast reflexes since I'm a martial artist and athlete, so I often catch them with my hands, legs, whatever part is closest...in attempt to not completely destroy the product. Even if it's not mine, I have to respect it. So what ends up happening half the time is the lip product will be saved and there is a lipstick smear on the front of my expensive black pants or jacket.

**facepalm**

sugarbunny

this didn't happen to me, but my really good friend, and i was with her. i was visiting her, she lives a couple hours away. we spent a night out, drinking far too much and having too much fun, we get up the next morning (ok, afternoon), and are all excited to go to mac. we had both thrown up a few times, but we really wanted to go makeup shopping, dang it! so, she drives us to the mall, and we get out, we're walking in... and she's like "HOLD ON!", i look back and see her lean over the bushes at the entrance to the mall and puke like crazy. just ask she does, her mac pressed powder falls out of her purse and EXPLODES all over the sidewalk as she's barfing. so, that story is related to mac in more ways than one...

(we went inside, still. i bought two e/s and she bought a l/s LOL)

Dahlia_Rayn

One morning, in the early days of mine and MAC's relationship, I opened my traincase to find my Goldbit eyeshadow EVERYWHERE. The eyeshadow pot wasn't broken (it was the LE pot, and I didn't even know about depotting then), but the plastic "window" had come out and crushed my eyeshadow into little pieces. I put it in a special box and placed it on the counter to get as much use as I could out of the dust, but one day whilst cleaning I wasn't paying attention and threw the box into the trash! So not only no Goldbit, but not B2M credit either!!

Latest posts