What was your biggest MAC accident?

tremorviolet

Back when I was learning to depot, I'd read about a technique where you drill a small hole in the back of the plastic so you can more easily push out the eyeshadow pan. So I thought I'd try it on an e/s from a CCO (Typographic, I think). I misjudged how strong the drill was and drilled completely through the shadow!
shockt.gif
It's still usable (and isn't a color I use much anyway) but it looks so weird in the palette with this hole drilled through it.

romi79_2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorviolet
Back when I was learning to depot, I'd read about a technique where you drill a small hole in the back of the plastic so you can more easily push out the eyeshadow pan. So I thought I'd try it on an e/s from a CCO (Typographic, I think). I misjudged how strong the drill was and drilled completely through the shadow!
shockt.gif
It's still usable (and isn't a color I use much anyway) but it looks so weird in the palette with this hole drilled through it.

I know it wasn`t a happy incident but it still made me laugh

FiestyFemme

Probably my worst accident was dropping my practically new Hug Me lipstick in the bathroom at my college. It was twisted up too, as I'd just been using it. I really don't know what happened.... one minute it was in my hand, the next, it was smushed into the counter and floor. Thankfully it wasn't my favorite, but still, it was practically new! At least I used it for B2M!

I've also managed to shatter a couple eyeshadows. Damn depotting and those hot pans! I definitely have dropped/thrown a couple across the bathroom because the pan was still too hot. OOPS! Nothing I've cared about too much, but it still sucks to lose them.

tremorviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008

It was pretty funny, I'm lucky I didn't wind up drilling through my bathroom counter too!
shockt.gif

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture003.jpg

I checked, it was Graphology. And in this pic you can see how I totally messed up Fig. 1 and Petalescent too. I've gotten waaaaay better at depotting now.

Shadowy Lady

OMG some of you guys have had really bad accidents, this thread is making me sad...I wanna go home and hug all my palettes and pigments!

I've only had a minor accident. I made a quad of Mothbrown, Blanc Type, Goldmine and Cranberry to take with me when I was away for a weekend. When I came back home, I noticed that my Mothbrown is half shattered
cry.gif

I love that eyeshadow....all the other ones were safe but Mothbrown was the only LE one
angry.gif
It's still usable but not much is left
ssad.gif

darklocke

OK, once we move into out new apartment I'm keeping everything safe and sound in their drawers, nowhere else. I don't want to experience a(n) MACcident!

Leven

My 242 brush got caught in the doors of my traincase when i shut it and i didnt realize it until i opened it up much much later
ssad.gif

It looked all mangled up, but when i washed it with water and shampoo i re-shaped it and i dried it hanging upside down.

All betta now!
th_DANCE.gif

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008

Good..

Cuz now i dont feel so bad about laughing either lol

Chula

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
Im in total disbelief...

So long story short. Im 7 months pregnant I've been getting strong labor pains so the doctor put me on bed rest, it looks like im about to give birth soon so I decided to stay at my mom's place for the next few weeks since my husband works all day and I need a lot of help just doing daily mundane things right now.

So i packed up a few things to go to my moms' and i brought my makeup too
cutey.gif
So i had 4 of my 15 pan palettes and a few books in the passengers seat and when i got to my mom's house i opened the passengers seat.. without realizing the eyeshadows were practically leaning agaisnt the door. Yes, its exactly what you are thinking. The palettes fell on the street (p.s. i have a tall car and it was one hell of a fall), all of my palettes popped open and out went all my eyeshadows including the ones with the magnets behind them. They all cracked, and all the itty bits and pieces are being washed away in the rain as i speak.

This was pretty much my reaction
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
th_confused_new.gif
th_confused_new.gif
th_wallbash.gif
:cr y:
throwup.gif

If i wasnt as big as a rhino right now maybe i could have caught them
angry.gif
My mind was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! And my body said hahahaha!!!! you got owned.

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Congratulations on your 7th month pregnancy !
But OMG, that must of been awful.

bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif
bigheart.gif

Chula

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
Oh no... I have a huge frown on my face right now.. I think I would have bawled my eyes out!!!

The worst that happened to me was I had my neice sitting up on a table doing her makeup for her dance photo's. I turned away and she leaned forward and the whole table tipped over.. I managed to catch her, and the table, but not before my palette fell on the floor and her glass on milk on top of it!! ACK.

I know this is pretty random,
but YAY! ONTARIO CANADAAAA
smiles.gif

greengrin.gif

cloudsweare

This happened last week.

I had just bought a mini shadestick in Silverbleu on ebay. I was using it for the first time and when I opened it the shadestick flew out of the package onto my dirty bathroom floor that has sawdust all over it. It got all nasty. But, luckly I was able to brush the dust off with a paper towel and it was good as new.

Just have to be careful now when I open it.

pumpkincat210

dropping a whole palette full of blushes on the floor and shattering them. that and investing in too many lipglasses, which have now gone bad.

girloflowers

i bought a new foundation, and it somehow mysteriously opened in my makeup bag and leaked all over everything. the bottle was EMPTY when i got it out of the alabastery coloured mess.
BAH.
now i put electrical tape around the lids of EVERYTHING in my case that is liquid when im travelling so they can't possible unscrew or leak.

FiestyFemme

I remembered another one...

I bought Pink Pearl pigment last year when it was out with the Heatherette collection. The first time I used it, I knocked over the jar and spilled half of it onto my bathroom counter! I freaked out, but was able to scoop most of it up and back into the jar. Probably not too sanitary, but I'm the only one who uses it anyway. One and only time that has ever happened to me!

amyzon

Ok I tried EnKore's technique of using wirecutters to depot the first time... On my brand new LE Barbie Loves MAC Playful Eyeshadow - BIG MISTAKE Stupid!!! I took a HUGE chunk out of it!!! And as if I hadn't learned my lesson, I then took another large chunk on my second go 'round out of my Emanuel Ungaro shadow! I am such a dope!

I have also dropped those retarded non-magnetic Coastal Scents palettes on the floor sooo many times and chipped away edges... They are the suck. MAC e/s palettes only for me from now on!

And my most recent and most MAGNIFICENT eff-up... I was using the bathroom at work and as I rose from the toilet seat, hitting the flush handle simultaneously... the Prrr lipglass in my pocket (my absolute fav by the way) fell squarely into the bowl and disappeared from my life forevras. I gasped in horror. What are the chances of this happening?!?!?!

Blush

I haven't suffered a major disaster yet, so I was so upset when I lost my Vex e/s. I dropped it on the floor.

redwhiteblue

nothing to crazy here, I did crack my sculpt and shape. I thought I was slick by depotting it and putting it into an empty compact and then when I opened it it wasnt pretty but I was able to repress it so I cant complain too much.

I am sorry for your loss
ssad.gif
good luck with the baby though. If theres anything thats worth that casualty its a baby.

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_lily82
The only thief I deal with is my sister, which is okay since I know where she lives =) I did have an episode where I was holding my jar of cocomotion and without time to put it down I sneezed. Poof in the air it went. I had friends asking me all day why my hair sparkled.

that made me laugh! all those other posts made me sad. sneezing into a jar of pigment sounds like something i would do! my sister jack's all my makeup, too.

vesperholly

A few years ago, I opened a lipstick in the car while I was driving and just as I got the top almost off , I went over a bump and the top decapitated the lipstick.
icon_eek.gif
I forgot that I had rolled it up to put it on when I bought it, and not rolled it down all the way. I wish I could remember what color it was, but I think I've repressed the memory.

Also, MACcident? lol!!

Latest posts