What was your biggest MAC accident?

LMD84

reading about all these accidents makes me feel un-easy!
tong.gif

knoxydoll

I think my worst Maccident (I've had several) was when i dropped my one blush palette that had most of my le blushers in it. I was moving a box with all my palettes on top, and it just slid off and bounced off the floor and then down the stairs. Pretty impressive when I think about it now but it made me pretty sad.
My friend once dropped one of my 15 pans - the one containing a bunch of perm and two LEs. Guess which ones broke? The two LE one of which was Parrot.
I've dropped countless MSFs, most have been salvageable.

Goat Goat Etc.

GAwh! It never stops, does it folks?

TODAY.....

Just got Lavender Whip l/s and today maybe after 5-7 uses the little bitch breaks at the base!
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

Face2Mac

My worst accident was actually going into the store 10 years ago. Look where it has got me, an addiction problem (I sniff makeup, makes me high).

No, but really I broke my Blonde MSF a few weeks and I have been mad about it every since. It came right out of my hand after I used it and splattered. Twas a sad day.

Civies

The only real maciddent I had was from depotting my first MAC item ever and it happened to be a blush.. boo! I was using a candle to make a hole on the bottom so I can just poke the pan up from the bottom but as I was doing so I noticed that parts of my blush started to have outlines like it was cracking. I finished depotting and it was fine but those lines were still there. I put it into my palette and took it over to my friends house a week later to do my makeup for a formal and by the time I got home the blush around the area of the lines shattered ..
ssad.gif

darae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
GAwh! It never stops, does it folks?

TODAY.....

Just got Lavender Whip l/s and today maybe after 5-7 uses the little bitch breaks at the base!
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

*GASP* oh my goodness
so sorry for your loss :/ *tears*

toxicglitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydonian
So to preface this, my boyfriend is decently interested in my makeup. He likes to watch me put it on (he calls it art) and really likes certain colors on me.

So, him and I are in our local CCO (cosmetics outlet for anyone who doesn't know/have one nearby) playing around with the Mac makeup. I finally got my 3D silver glitter that I had been lusting after, walk out happily and get into the car.

I'm on my cell phone and turn to see him playing in my makeup bags... no big deal. I turn away and look back a few minutes later after I hear him mutter some expletive... and he is absolutely covered in my glitter. He has dumped the entire jar on himself, no exaggeration.

I freak out and am like, OMG that was FIFTEEN DOLLARS (or whatever it was)... and he just grins at me and says, "You like Edward, don't you?"

He was SPARKLING, literally, it was all over his arms and hands.

I had to laugh as he is just an idiot. He apologized and bought me a new jar
smiles.gif

That's my story, even though it got resolved!

haahahahahaaha. thats funny as hell. my bf wouldve FREAKED! i think glitter scares him. lol.i wish hes as cool about makeup like yours is. i bring him ...no wait...DRAG him(all while being moody and bitchy cuz he doesnt want to go makeup shopping with me) into the store and i ask him for help like "what colors do you like?", "what do you think about this?", "does this look good on me" for example, and he's just like "yeayea whatever! can we go now?"

= oooooooo i know hes a guy but at least give me your input, man! he has to see me everyday wearing the stuff. and i can go into the videogame store with him with no problem and no rushing.
th_dunno.gif

mintbear82

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
I wish my MAC accident was at home!! Ugh would have been less of a failure.

So I'm in the Pro store drooling over pigments, my eyes are literally falling out of my head. I pick up some random jars and look at the color through the jar - smart thing to do, right? I'm such a sucker for purples so my smart ass opens up any jar of purple pigment I can get my fingers on. Now, the Pro store in SF recently rearranged - the pigments used to be next to the register where there are lots and lots and lots of people. Now, the pigments are in the back of the store where its pretty quiet. I'm standing there swatching pigments with a big smile on my face knowing I'm going to walk out with at least 2 new purples. I guess I must have really been in the zone because one of the MA's startled me when she asked if I needed any help. I DROPPED the jar of pigment on the freakin floor. Big cloud of purple pigment just goes POOF. I was mortifiedddd! Luckily the jar wasn't very full so they didn't make me pay for it..ugh. Lucky me, the store was busy so about 10 other shoppers saw me drop the jar.

Fail or blessing in disguse? I suppose it would have been worse if I bought a jar and dropped it at home..

That does suck, however, if it was a full jar and you dropped it I don't think they would have made you pay for it. They risk them being dropped by not having them fixed to the display stand.

ILoveMakeup84

Quote:
So to preface this, my boyfriend is decently interested in my makeup. He likes to watch me put it on (he calls it art) and really likes certain colors on me.

So, him and I are in our local CCO (cosmetics outlet for anyone who doesn't know/have one nearby) playing around with the Mac makeup. I finally got my 3D silver glitter that I had been lusting after, walk out happily and get into the car.

I'm on my cell phone and turn to see him playing in my makeup bags... no big deal. I turn away and look back a few minutes later after I hear him mutter some expletive... and he is absolutely covered in my glitter. He has dumped the entire jar on himself, no exaggeration.

I freak out and am like, OMG that was FIFTEEN DOLLARS (or whatever it was)... and he just grins at me and says, "You like Edward, don't you?"

smiles.gif

jajajajaja this one made my laugh soo hard! Your bf is soo adorable! like a little kid! jaja at least he bought you a new one!

Chester

Quote:

smiles.gif

So super cute! Oh, to have a bf like yours. Keep him!
yes.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I've had about four MACcidents. I dropped my So Ceylon. The dome broke off cleanly from the pan, so it didn't crumble to pieces. I flicked my pencil eye liner in the toilet (happened about a week ago). My 15 palette fell in the bathroom and some of the shadows chipped, but they were all ones I hated anyway, so no loss there. My biggest accident was when I dropped my Metal Rock. I almost cried.

Cydonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicglitter
haahahahahaaha. thats funny as hell. my bf wouldve FREAKED! i think glitter scares him. lol.i wish hes as cool about makeup like yours is. i bring him ...no wait...DRAG him(all while being moody and bitchy cuz he doesnt want to go makeup shopping with me) into the store and i ask him for help like "what colors do you like?", "what do you think about this?", "does this look good on me" for example, and he's just like "yeayea whatever! can we go now?"

= oooooooo i know hes a guy but at least give me your input, man! he has to see me everyday wearing the stuff. and i can go into the videogame store with him with no problem and no rushing.
th_dunno.gif

He's amazing
smiles.gif
We will be on webcam (he lives in England atm) and I'll be like soooo what makeup today? And he'll ask what I'm wearing, and he always does opposing colors. Today I'm wearing a mid toned green top and he wanted me to do gold and orange eyes. What a weirdo, lol. But I did it, it looks good
smiles.gif

What was funnier was going back into the store with him looking like that... looked like he just wandered out of a bachelor party.

Another accident! Got rematched to NC20, got my new Studio Fix powder... my mom wanted to see it compared to the old one. Tiny hands trying to hold two studio fix powders and open them at the same time = fail

Oh yeah, NC20 dropped on the floor, pan down. Exploded EVERYWHERE. I told one of the Mac girls about it the next day (I work at Macy's) and she was like bring it back! You got it like that... DIDN'T YOU? Haha I <3 her.

bumblebees24

Have you had one of those days when ur not really thinking when you put away makeup? Yea...that was me. I applied the lipstick and instead of swirling it back down to the base, I jammed the cap back on. By the time I realized what had happened, it was too late! 1/2 of the lipstick was jammed against the cap all smooshed up. It was a definite
omg.gif
moment.

xKiKix

lol, sorry but i felt like i had to bump this thread. earlier this evening i was cleaning me vanity and when i got to my palettes i was trying to dust even of the palette's top so i took them out of my dvd rack. then my hands decides to slip and down my palette of limited edition piggies go. at first i was like NOOOOO! then i didnt even care about the color piggies on the floor, i was worried about them getting stained onto my hardwood floor.

but ends up only three were broken and i can definitely save them. but i gotta admit i thought i would freak out about the makeup more than the floor lol.

jungleland

Well, once I drooped my woodwinked eyeshadow, it seemed fine at first but when I reused it it was totally shattered...well at least wasn't a LE!

GlamQueen21

My recent MAC accident is when I was doing my makeup one night and I went to reach for one of my 15 MAC palettes and I accidentally banged it againt my makeup drawer and when I opened, it, Carbon e/s shattered into bits! The pieces got on both Da Bling and Stars N Rockets eyeshadows! I was really upset!!

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
My recent MAC accident is when I was doing my makeup one night and I went to reach for one of my 15 MAC palettes and I accidentally banged it againt my makeup drawer and when I opened, it, Carbon e/s shattered into bits! The pieces got on both Da Bling and Stars N Rockets eyeshadows! I was really upset!!

cry.gif
aw, both da bling and stars n rockets are good e/s, that sucks. were you able to clean carbon e/s off of them?

juicy415

few years ago i bought a pink bronze sample in a jar. i opened it, swatched it, then i think i moved my arms and it went down the carpet!! it stained for 6months or so. it wasnt too bad tho.. if it was le ill freak out!

martiangurll

Dropped a 4 palette and my pressed pigment of Night Light shattered. After I stopped crying, I used a fine toothed comb to get all of the crumbles and specks combed out of the carpet and repressed it. I think I salvaged about 70%.

And don't ever order MSF from Nordie's. They did not use bubblewrap or anything so when I ordered By Candlelight, that sucker arrived pure powder. Thankfully, they still had some in stock to replace, but what if it had been sol out?

Latest posts