what you think about dry shampoo?

milika

im looking for a good dry shampoo to use because i have try 2 different brands and didnt like how my hair look after i used them. one was tresemme and the other was batiste.

Mabelle

just tried the bumble and bumble white hair powder. LOVE!!! It's an arosol, and while the color says white, it was colorless. It said more grit to it than most dry shampoos, and gave my hair a lot of texture and bounce. one application lasted all day.

Nicala

Tresemme's is pretty bad imo. The trick is to spray awayyy from your head and leave it in for about a min. Then shake your hands through it and brush your hair. I used the batiste one and it works pretty well for me. Baby powder works good, too.

kanne

Tresemme is possibly the worst dry shampoo on the market. I love Batiste and Klorane.

xmotleytoox

I'm in agreement with Mabelle; really enjoyed those Bumble and bumble powders! They are a little on the pricey side, but it seems like a little goes a long way! Also, I really liked that they have coloured powders as well, maybe in the hopes that it blends easier .. I think they even sell minis! :)

Spikesmom

I just tried the Oscar Blandi and I'm really impressed. It works much better than the Batiste and smells amazing.

milika

i did what u said but didnt work for me :( my hair looked dirty after i used it. and i have try baby powder but is too white on my hair lol

Tresemme's is pretty bad imo. The trick is to spray awayyy from your head and leave it in for about a min. Then shake your hands through it and brush your hair. I used the batiste one and it works pretty well for me. Baby powder works good, too.

milika

just tried the bumble and bumble white hair powder. LOVE!!! It's an arosol, and while the color says white, it was colorless. It said more grit to it than most dry shampoos, and gave my hair a lot of texture and bounce. one application lasted all day.

maybe i should try this brand :)

milika

I'm in agreement with Mabelle; really enjoyed those Bumble and bumble powders! They are a little on the pricey side, but it seems like a little goes a long way! Also, I really liked that they have coloured powders as well, maybe in the hopes that it blends easier .. I think they even sell minis! :)

i hope they have minis, because i dont like to buy a huge bottle of something that it wont work for me and more if its pricey :( i believe the world would be better if we have minis of everything :D
and colored powders sounds good idea, i will look for them :) thanks

milika

I just tried the Oscar Blandi and I'm really impressed. It works much better than the Batiste and smells amazing.

oh yeah a good scent is very important because the tresemme smell like lemon i think but was really strong :s didnt like it :( do they have oscar blandi minis?

thepicketywitch

Definitely agree that the Tresemme one is awful. My hair ended up looking greasy AND powdery at the same time. I've been unenthusiastic about trying dry shampoos after that. I just wash my hair and deal with whatever it decides to do.

xmotleytoox

Oh my goodness i would be living in my own little mini world if everything was sold as such lol! But im totally ok with that
thmbup.gif
! Just in case you hadn't already looked, i checked out Sephora.com and they retail them - $19.00 USD for 1oz, and $35.00 for 4.4. So, a better deal to get the larger size, but a little more pricey then even I remember! But these ladies have also found some great alternitives! Hope this helps!
i hope they have minis, because i dont like to buy a huge bottle of something that it wont work for me and more if its pricey :( i believe the world would be better if we have minis of everything :D
and colored powders sounds good idea, i will look for them :) thanks

bmoss08

I use Tigi's Dirty Secret dry shampoo. I love how well it works but it also has a mandarin orange sort of fragrance and smells way more fresh then Batiste and most other dry shampoos. I don't like baby powder because it does nothing about the smell of unclean hair, leaves a chalky residue, and it leaves a white color on the hair.

Candlecove

I'm on a limited budget, so I bought the dry shampoo from got2b. It does a good job of de-greasing my hair for a day or so, but it also turns my black hair slightly greyish. I can live with that, though. I like grey hair. The only con for me is the strong smell. It makes me smell like citrus.

yardgirl

There are some bandwagons I won't jump on. Dry shampooing is one of them. My scalp needs water, no thank you.

milika

yes, i dont like the strong smell either :(
I'm on a limited budget, so I bought the dry shampoo from got2b. It does a good job of de-greasing my hair for a day or so, but it also turns my black hair slightly greyish. I can live with that, though. I like grey hair. The only con for me is the strong smell. It makes me smell like citrus.