whatever happened to silicone primers?

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildesigns
OK, this may sound gross...I've heard this a couple of times that Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel from Monistat is amazing as a primer and that it's virtually identical to several $$$ ones out there. I think it's a 2oz tube and is under $10 (I think it's like $7) & it's fragrance-free.

Anyway, you can go to Monistat's website and they are giving free samples of it under their Soothing Care section
oh.gif
I ordered a sample and am going to try it. I love the primer I'm using, but I'm always up for a new thing.

i find this really amusing, lol. please let us know how it goes, although i suppose theres no harm in ordering a free sample. my only complaint about foundation primers is that they're kind of pricey for something that you use up so quickly, especially since its a staple that i use daily. i wonder what the consistency of the monistat stuff is, lol..

pugmommy7

that is so fuuny.
i
people use preperation h under thier eyes and have for years to depuff. i'm no sucker, if it is the same i will try it
smiles.gif

calbear

I use my P&P every day with my SFF - I would never use Fix+ as a primer (it has other great uses but never as a primer.)

ChrisChick

Quote:
OK, this may sound gross...I've heard this a couple of times that Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel from Monistat is amazing as a primer and that it's virtually identical to several $$$ ones out there. I think it's a 2oz tube and is under $10 (I think it's like $7) & it's fragrance-free.

Anyway, you can go to Monistat's website and they are giving free samples of it under their Soothing Care section
oh.gif
I ordered a sample and am going to try it. I love the primer I'm using, but I'm always up for a new thing.

I just ordered my sample and I will be reporting back to see how it goes!! I really love the Smashbox stuff but it's so pricey and leads to occasional breakouts. The makeup company I work for is putting a new primer out this fall and I get tons for free (I have about 12 bottles, haha) but it's water-based and I don't care for it much...
hmm.gif

idreamincolor

I love P+P skin, lash, AND lip!!!! They are all GREAT products. My makeup used to seperate on me all the time....... now, when I use P+P, it doesn't.

Cool Kitten

Quote:
OK, this may sound gross...I've heard this a couple of times that Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel from Monistat is amazing as a primer and that it's virtually identical to several $$$ ones out there. I think it's a 2oz tube and is under $10 (I think it's like $7) & it's fragrance-free..

i've been using Monistat for a while- bought it on recommendation of a ton of people on another board. It's ok, it actually feels really good when you put it on your face. My T-zone still gets oily after a few hours though.
I'm getting the new Smashbox primer from QVC, so i'll be able to compare them.

idreamincolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
i've been using Monistat for a while- bought it on recommendation of a ton of people on another board. It's ok, it actually feels really good when you put it on your face. My T-zone still gets oily after a few hours though.
I'm getting the new Smashbox primer from QVC, so i'll be able to compare them.

Coming from a of place of Motherly Love: Please check with your dermatologist to see if you should continue using something like that on your face, it's really not meant for your face. Honestly.... I'm just a little concerned.

ilafa

there can't be no harm. It's basically just silicone without any harsh cooling chemicals or perfumes. I doubt that it's any different than the Smashbox one - ingridients wise

attacuswings

P+P face is the only thing that keeps my cheeks from sucking up my foundation throughout the day. I have combo skin with really dry cheeks and P+P keeps everything looking even all day.

m4dswine

I just started using my P&P again and I had forgotten how great it really is. All the magazines are singing the praises of primers in general, and this is the first one i've ever used that did the job without making me look shiny or feel oily. My foundation actually stayed on throughout the whole day yesterday, and my concealer didn't change colour like it can do sometimes.