What's her breed?

TwiggyPop

I'm looking to get a kitten very soon and so I've been searching different breeds on the internet to find out which kind suits my personality the best, but I keep seeing these adorable kittens and can't figure out what they are. One person told me one thing and then I heard something different from someone else so I don't know.

Can anyone tell me the breed of this cat?
MySpaceTV Videos: Cutest Kitten ever by Blondieluvsthis

CantAffordMAC

Oh. My. Goodness.....if i wasnt allergic, I would have one. That thing is sooooooo darn cute.
smiles.gif

TwiggyPop

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
Looks like a Scottish Fold.

That's what I thought, but I was raised as a dog person because my dad hates cats so I know nothing about them. Then my ex told me it was something completely different. I should've known not to listen to him.
nonono.gif

Thank you!!

Now I will go on my quest for my first kitty!! I can't wait!!
yahoo.gif

TwiggyPop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Oh. My. Goodness.....if i wasnt allergic, I would have one. That thing is sooooooo darn cute.
smiles.gif

Oh I know! I would've had one a long time ago if I had the chance!

Mabelle

i dont mean to be a debby downer, because you seem in love with this "breed" of cat, but shelters are full of equally adorable lovely cats. I would just hate to think that other abandoned kittens would be put down/not considered because you wnat one jut like the cat in the video. Also, i really do hope you spay/nuture your kitten. Even if you don't want it to be an outdoor cat there are numerous health benefits to fixing your animal (less cancer of typesof cancers)

Anyway, i just had to throw it out there. I LOVE cats, and i just see how badly they can be treated and it makes me crazy. I'm sure you'll be a great pet owner (but know, i had to put it out there!)

Good luck!

Hilly

^^I totally agree. I always had persians growing up, but when I adopted my lil girl- it was the best. I think my grover knows I saved her life and just gives me so much love back.

Shelters also have all kinds of different breeds. Check em out
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Holy shit he's cute! That's a Scottish Fold. I've never gotten my heart set on one particular breed because for me, it all comes down to personality. You can have the most beautiful cat in the world that is a total dick (aka my grandmother's Seal Point Siamese) or you can have the one-eyed fuzzball shelter cat that just wants love and affection (aka my first kitty Hobo). I'll take the affectionate one any day.

It's cat season at a lot of shelters, meaning there's a lot of kittens available. You might even find a Scottish Fold there!

NatalieMT

I used to help out in a cat shelter and aww there were some such lovely animals there! So gorgeous, just waiting to go home! Unfortunately at that point I already had my cat so couldn't put them all in my bag and take off with them.
lol.gif
My cat hates other cats, he would have hated me for bringing another one to live with us.

I have a british blue, we did buy him and although I support adoption my mum had wanted a british blue for about 17 years and the she just had to take the chance. Luckily the cat we ended up buying though has the most fantastic personality. He's truly adorable - very affectionate, charismatic and just downright hilarious at times. He's quite noisy and goes a little too far at playtimes but other than that, perfect. It is very hit and miss however - you never know what a kitten will turn out like.

If I were you I'd do a little more research on breed characteristics too, just so you know what to expect, I'd say it's as important as looks!

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyPop
I'm looking to get a kitten very soon and so I've been searching different breeds on the internet to find out which kind suits my personality the best, but I keep seeing these adorable kittens and can't figure out what they are.

cats have different personalities, so i think maybe you're cheating yourself by looking at breed personas. not all cats act how their breed personas dictate.

if i were looking today for another cat (god help me! i just brought another one home a few weeks ago haha) i'd go to the shelter and see what's there, they'll usually let you take each kitten out and have some one on one time with them to see which kitty is best suited to you.

if you are going to go with a breeder, i'd still suggest taking time with each individual kitten because every cat has its own distint personality that its breed has nothing to do with.

my cat situation is similar to the one purrtykitty mentioned. my grown girl cat is beautiful but she's not very nice, on the other hand my fat alley cat who's missing a fang and has a lazy eye is the sweetest, most fabulous living thing on the face of the earth. so you never really know until you spend some time with them.

photogeek

I don't know if this is the same for cats as it is dogs, but I know for dogs there are shelters around the country who specifically house one breed. For instance, I have two australian shepherds (aussies!) that I love so much (they're 12 and 13 now) and if I live in someplace with a lot of space later on, I would SO want another of this breed for many different reasons, so I'd seek out one of the aussie shelters and go visiting there. Sometimes you might have to set aside some time and do a bit of travelling since the shelters are so specific, but it'd be worth it for me.
It might be similar with cats? IDK.
Try petfinder.org (Warning: If any of you can't get a pet right now, or can't resist getting one-- enter this site at your own risk, lol) it lists shelters around the country and they list their pets almost like mini personal ads, lol, there are usually pictures and often a description of the personality, but of course you'd visit too.
just a thought
smiles.gif
yay pets-- they really are the best thing for the heart

SparklingWaves

That adorable fur angel looks to be a long haired Red Tabby Scottish Fold. There are Scottish Fold rescue sites online to check out too.

TwiggyPop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i dont mean to be a debby downer, because you seem in love with this "breed" of cat, but shelters are full of equally adorable lovely cats. I would just hate to think that other abandoned kittens would be put down/not considered because you wnat one jut like the cat in the video. Also, i really do hope you spay/nuture your kitten. Even if you don't want it to be an outdoor cat there are numerous health benefits to fixing your animal (less cancer of typesof cancers)

Anyway, i just had to throw it out there. I LOVE cats, and i just see how badly they can be treated and it makes me crazy. I'm sure you'll be a great pet owner (but know, i had to put it out there!)

Good luck!

Trust me, I know. I was already looking up shelters in my area to see if any of them had any cats similar to what I was looking for. I'm not going to get a cat based on what I read on the internet, but I wanted to do some sort of research before jumping into this. I've never had a cat before so I don't know what to look for, but I know that I'll end up adopting. I do believe that animals know that you're saving them so a lot of them are more timid and well behaved. Most of my pets were adoptions, strays, or I just happened upon something that needed a home. I would never go to a pet store or pay some outrageous amount for some special breed, I just want to find a cat that will fit right into my lifestyle and figured I'd start my research at the basics.

tiramisu

scottish folds are relatively expensive, because the gene that causes the ears to fold is recessive. The breeder hopes like heck that a few of the kittens ears do fold. There are a lot of scottish fold "pet quality" kittens that have "regular ears"--and they look like american shorthairs then, at least to me!! They are a really sweet breed as a whole.

Good link to start your research! Be prepared to spend several hundred dollars at least!
Cat Fanciers' Association: Breed Profile: Scottish Fold

I just prefer Maine Coons; I showed them for many years. Like shaggy dogs, but in cat form. LOL

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
cats have different personalities, so i think maybe you're cheating yourself by looking at breed personas. not all cats act how their breed personas dictate.
if i were looking today for another cat (god help me! i just brought another one home a few weeks ago haha) i'd go to the shelter and see what's there, they'll usually let you take each kitten out and have some one on one time with them to see which kitty is best suited to you.

if you are going to go with a breeder, i'd still suggest taking time with each individual kitten because every cat has its own distint personality that its breed has nothing to do with.

my cat situation is similar to the one purrtykitty mentioned. my grown girl cat is beautiful but she's not very nice, on the other hand my fat alley cat who's missing a fang and has a lazy eye is the sweetest, most fabulous living thing on the face of the earth. so you never really know until you spend some time with them.

While I agree with you on a lot of what you'd said, I have spent many years around cats of many different breeds (I was involved in showing Maine Coons for many years and surprisingly loved it--but not the travel costs!)... I can easily state that the breed "personas" are quite spot on, just as dog breeds are described "generally", so are cat breeds, and yes, there's always some varation for an individual breeding lineage, or within the breed itself. But it gives you a great starting point on what would fit with your personality and lifestyle, certainly!!

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyPop
I'm looking to get a kitten very soon and so I've been searching different breeds on the internet to find out which kind suits my personality the best, but I keep seeing these adorable kittens and can't figure out what they are. One person told me one thing and then I heard something different from someone else so I don't know.

Can anyone tell me the breed of this cat?
MySpaceTV Videos: Cutest Kitten ever by Blondieluvsthis

here is a link for rescue kitties (scottish folds) in the pittsburgh area, some are a bit further than you might want to travel, but if you can save a life, why not?

Petfinder.com

aleksis210

^ good idea, that's another thing most people don't know is, when you are looking for a certain breed they almost always have 'rescue' groups for specific breeds of animals! Also, the cat kinda looks like one of those 'munchkin' kittens? (if they even exist...just a guess!)

pink_lily002

Definitely look into a breed-specific rescue if you're dead-set on a certain breed! The Petfinder website is a great resource.

I adopted both my girls from separate shelters at Petsmart. I'd always wanted a black cat, and when they had a litter of black kittens, I went berserk and HAD to get one. I played with each of the four kittens until I chose the one with the right personality for me. She's big, she's loud, but I love my Pandora. As for the second kitty, Lluvy, I knew I had to take her home when she fell asleep in my arms the first time I met her. She knew she was being rescued - she was the only adult kitty in an area full of kittens, and I think that's why she's so lovey. I went off of personality more than breed or specific "looks" when looking for cats. I wanted a lovey lap cat, and while I don't have one (yet), I have two girls that love me, and I think they know that I saved them.

Latest posts