What's new in your collection?

La Ilusion

Hello! I know we all like to freshen up both our WoC forum and our makeup collections every now and then
yes.gif
so why don't we let each other know about some of our newest acquisitions? What have you gotten recently? Love it; hate it? Would you recommend it to others?

I'll start it off. I'm an NC43, by the way.

1. I think the product I've gotten recently that I use the most is my NARS Multiple in Malibu. I've never had a product that I would consider HG, but this may be one. I use it as blush and have worn it every day. It quite literally makes me look like I'm blushing, flushed, and happy all day.

2. I picked up MAC Falling Star e/s at my closest CCO a week ago and am enjoying it. It's deep enough for the crease for everyday but also looks fantastic on the lid.

3. I also got Rose Blanc e/s, which works great as a highlight or as a lid color. Best of all, it makes a great quad with Soba, Falling Star, and Folie.

4. I'm not up to making the investment in MAC or other high-end brushes yet, so I depend on good drugstore brands. Last night, I picked up an Essence of Beauty kabuki brush at CVS. I am very pleased with it. It's very soft (no pricklies at all so far) and dense. I also got an Essence of Beauty foundation brush last week. The brush is very wide and rather soft. It's not as firm as some foundation brushes out there, but I have found that a plus because I can stipple with it for a flawless finish.

5. I'm in love with Maybelline's XXL Curl Power mascara! I don't curl my lashes because I'm happy with their natural curve, but this product really does add some curl (first step) and holds it (second step).

6. I can't say enough about MAC's Paint Pots. I want so many! Right now I just own Constructivist and Indianwood. I would recommend them both. They're gorgeous on their own and don't crease on me when I use them as base. Constructivist is a wonderful base for smoky looks. Indianwood is nearly the same color as my skin (just with metallic sheen) so it doesn't add or subtract from the colors I put over it.

I can't wait to hear what everyone else is trying out these days!

makeba

i just recently hit up a CCO store in Aurora,Oh and had big fun.
i recently purchased
Novel twist face brush set
Sadle eyeshadow
Plant a Kiss lipstick
creme de violet shadow
royal hue shadestick
knight devine shadow (?)
i plan on having big fun this week using my goodies. I intend on going back to get some of the fragrances, more eyeliners,lippies and all kinds of stuff before the snow hits.

d n d

Sadly, my list is not as long as yours but I recently purchased:

1. Earthly Riches MES-such a pretty combination!
2. Mi Lady MES-the red is so nice! Now if I can just figure how to wear it
th_confused_new.gif

3. Beauty Rush Lipgloss from Victoria Secret in Cherry Bomb and Pinked Lemonade.

I went to the mall today and I have my eye on Flashtronic Lipglass and Love Child Lipglass so I hope I can add those two to my collection really soon!

AfricanaEyes

I'm staying away from buying for awhile....especially since I tend to buy, buy, buy but don't dedicate the time playing with my new finds. I'm a mess like that. Haha....but my top 5 newest items would be:

(1) MAC's Beauty Powder-Sunspill....see, got it but ain't played with it yet! LOL!
(2) Beauty of Essence brushes. I LOVE them!!
(3) MAC's MSF Deep Dark....amazing on top of Prep N Prime. Great finish!
(4) Fix +.....sets everything, I loooove it!
(5) L'Oreal Luminous (sp) mascara. I love this.
.....I really ain't diggin' Metal X too much. The colors seems a bit too much for me. We'll see though. Still haven't seen them in person.

braidey

NYX cream blushes in orange, red, and hot pink

Stila lipglazes in mango, nutmeg spice, spiced rum, and pina colada

Covergirl lash blast mascara

Lancome color fever l/g in volcanic pink

MAC 3d l/g in energy

Twinkle_Twinkle

Let's see, I recently got a few items for my brows; Girl Boy Brow Set, Swiss Chocolate e/s and Antiqued e/s.

Before that I got the Studio Lights, Full Coverage Foundation (for concealer) and the 225 brush (for face, not eye application). I am loving all of those.

And before that I got some items at Sephora that I am loving including the Stila Sun Highlighter (it is beauty in a pan), some Urban Decay shadows that I have yet to play with, and CARGO BeachBlush in Echo Beach and I LOVE it. Perfect for when you don't have a lot of time, you can just brush it on (with my lovely Stila powder brush) and go. How many times did I just say love?

RaynelleM

Since my last major MAC spree in October, I've got a few new things even though I wasn't supposed to buy anything new till next year ... I can't help it if I'm addicted can I?!! lol!!

1) Blacktrack f/l & Dipdown f/l - love em ... don't know why I hadn't got them sooner.
2) 2 208 brushes for the f/ls - the perfect brush for f/l imo!!
3) Fascinating e/k - I actually got Frostlite f/l but it came out as a light gold on me which isn't what I wanted so I returned it and got this instead ... it's a nice, smooth bright white.
4) Refined Deeper Bronze bronzing powder - goes on very sheer so you can build up the colour.
5) Dark blot powder - perfect for touch ups! ... the MA said to carry this around instead of foundation or powder for touch ups as it is translucent and won't add extra colour.

MAChostage

Hmmm, the collective Kohl Powers (all but Feline), Queen's Sin l/s, Red Romp l/g, Corsette l/g, Gold Stroke and Sweet Sienna piggies. I adore the Kohl Powers (and of course I would because they're LE)!

SulkingBeauty

My delivery is sitting on my bed as I type. I'm going to open her up and report back!! I'm so excited!!!! It's playtime!!!!

(God, I need to get out more...)

MACaholic76

Ohhh, I got a few things that I'm just loving!
- MAC Matte Suntan bronzer - love this!
- Lancome foundation brush - best I've ever used!
- Maybelline XXL mascara - the primer is useless to me but the mascara side is really great.
- MAC Plum Dressing e/s - why did I not have this in my stash?
I know I have a few other items around so I'll update later.

SulkingBeauty

Alright... I just opened my MAC delivery:

Mac Siss l/s (the perfect nude)
Mac VGII l/s (the perfect pinkish nude for me)
Mac Drizzlegold beauty powder (so friggin lovely)
Mac Sand Studio Lights (It's flanked by the black triangle of panic, so I need to buy some more before they're gone)
Mac Dark Blot Powder (Like a spaz I dropped and broke my last one!!)

Oh yeah, I picked up a Covergirl Super Thick Lash in my boy's neighbourhood because I needed mascara in a pinch, and it's pretty fab. A new favourite indeed.

Beauty Mark

I've been playing around with "classic" items. Those must haves people claim work on everyone. I'm medium toned Asian (Nars Santa Fe is all I know in terms of foundation).

Clinique's Almost Lipstick Black Honey is really beautiful and I believe it can work on different skin tones. It doesn't have great staying power but it wear beautifully and provides good moisture.

I also have been playing around with Wet N Wild lip liner. It's not bad all.

Finally, I also splurged on the Nars eyeshadow palette. It's very pretty and very long wearing. It was a nice introduction into the Nars shadows, though I frankly don't see much of a difference between the two black shadows when I wear them

MACaholic76

I'm adding to my list. Also picked up some MAC Cleanse Off Oil and I love it. I was afraid it'd break me out like Shu's but so far so good.

Caramel_QT

What a fun post!

Some of my recent purchases include:

eyeshadows: vex, cranberry (repurchases), expensive pink, naked lunch, and woodwinked

blush: plum foolery

lipsticks: girl about town, and capricious

I was at MAC today, but didn't buy anything. I'll go down on the weekend to pick out my next purchases and then I'll stop for a while:

Studio Tech in NC45 - I tried this for the first time today and I think I really like this. I need the extra moisture this time of year.
The face brush set
The l/e lippie set in Coral
Ambering Rose blush
pinkarat lipglass

That would be it for a looong time (at least until March or so).

kkb4u

Hi All!

I'm pretty new here, but I'm excited about the forum. Because of my 'lurking' I decided to revive my collection and so I recently compiled all of my Old Mac stuff and tried for my first Back-2-Mac and I got 4 items! I paid for more stuff after that, but I'm sure you all know how that goes. I got:

SQUIRT l/g***
ENCHANTRESS l/g***both of which I'm going to exchange this week; I want to broaden my color selections a bit and I have tons of 'pinks'...didn't care for squirt ---OFF TOPIC: any suggestions on what to replace them with?
DELISH l/s
JEST l/s

and I purchased eye pallettes in;
Plumage
pink venus
carbon
rice paper
humid (replacing one that I dropped)

I look forward to sharing in conversation with you all!

KeshieShimmer

Maybelline Define-A-Lash
BE bareGold kit (TSV on QVC)
MUFE eyeshadows in the bright coral(love it!), and sparkly navy
NARS Taj Mahal (LOVELY!!!)

Kuuipo

I need Smashbox primer.....I am using the one with Dermoxyl in the day and the lavender one at night to work....(I have olive skin). I have tried pretty much every foundation on the market, I like NARS oil free because it doesn't run or smear and its yellow based and Asian friendly. I can not live without Too Faced First Base. I have lots of NARS blushers but I hate Orgasm. It is lame and doesn't show up on WOC!!!I like NARS lipsticks, and I use MAC lipglass or Sally Hanson Lip Treatment as gloss. Sally Hanson makes the best thick gloss ever, next to NARS lip laquers -which are really too pigmented to be a topper....I have all the current eye shadow duos from NARS, and I like Estee Lauder Mink as my brown crease color. There is no ebony brown any darker or more opaque than EL(Estee Lauder) Mink. Not even in MAC. Its the "no ka oi" (best) ever for a brown dramatic crease color. I am very influenced at times by what Stevie Nicks does to her eyes that makes them the focus of her whole face. I love MAC eye pencils and Rimmel big fat pencils I use in my crease between applications of crease color.
My favorite lip liner is Lauder Spice Writer. Its a deep natural lip pigment, soft,creamy, grabs the lipstick.
Also keep buying Laura Mercier's Black Gold eye pencil. Awesome, nothing like it in any other line.
I use Peter Thomas Roth skin lighteners, sometimes the potent one, sometimes the gentle. They stop the skin discoloration and have done a better job of evening out and lightening my skin.
I am never without face blotting papers. I was using ZA, but they can not be found in Hawaii any longer, so I use MiniGarden or NARS. Toilet tissue removes pigment, face sheets do not. The dewy look is so not in here! Knock over any Asian lady and she has oil blotting face sheets on her person. Some of them have soap sheets, antibacterial sheets, and skin deoderizer sheets as well. We are very big on looking cool, calm and collected here. We are also big on hair dye.

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel_QT
What a fun post!

Some of my recent purchases include:

eyeshadows: vex, cranberry (repurchases), expensive pink, naked lunch, and woodwinked

blush: plum foolery

lipsticks: girl about town, and capricious

I was at MAC today, but didn't buy anything. I'll go down on the weekend to pick out my next purchases and then I'll stop for a while:

Studio Tech in NC45 - I tried this for the first time today and I think I really like this. I need the extra moisture this time of year.
The face brush set
The l/e lippie set in Coral
Ambering Rose blush
pinkarat lipglass

That would be it for a looong time (at least until March or so).

Ohh, I'm totally with you on the Studio Tech. I have this on my list and hoping to pick it up over the weekend. You will love Pinkarat!!! I'm the same shade as you and I just could not get Ambering Rose to look right on me. Did you try it on while you were visiting?

Caramel_QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
Ohh, I'm totally with you on the Studio Tech. I have this on my list and hoping to pick it up over the weekend. You will love Pinkarat!!! I'm the same shade as you and I just could not get Ambering Rose to look right on me. Did you try it on while you were visiting?

I'm really excited about Pinkarat as well. I don't know why I never tried it before???

I didn't try the Ambering Rose on my face just kind of on the back of my hand (
blush-anim-cl.gif
) and it looked pretty. I also heard it was one of those "must haves". Was it too light or dark or unatural...? you got me wondering, lol...what are your fave MAC blushes? So far I've got: Raizin, Loverrush, Dessert Rose (LOVE IT), and Plum Foolery (love this one too). I actually don't "need" another blush, cuz who needs more than two right, but of course we are all addicted MAC nuts, so common sense need not apply here, LOL...I just *want* another blush - I'm soooo crazy. Do tell about your experience with Ambering Rose, cuz I don't want to waste precious $20.

Thanks!

Caramel QT

Latest posts