What's up with the Eyelashes?

ShugAvery2001

Soooo. went out with the friends the other night right. my girlfriend and one of her ex-lovers (why we were rolling with him is beyond me... but in any case) so .... I did her very light makeup but she wanted lashes so I oblidged and I had on makeup and lashes.. and we're riding. Out of the blue this dude goes.. soooo whats up with the eyelashes? Needless to say both my girl and I were kinda shocked for a second.
He was like is that the new trend? I was like I guess...

I kinda hate it when people "read" my make-up .. but have you guys noticed an increase of women wearing false lashes..

Has it become trendy?

TISH1124

Everywhere I go I see women with false eyelashes...I have to admit more so than women without...it seems more WOC however...or maybe that is the majority that I see .... My dh really doesn't like when I wear them...But he doesn't complain ...So yeah I would say they have become a trend...I am actually wearing them tonight for the concert lol

ShugAvery2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Everywhere I go I see women with false eyelashes...I have to admit more so than women without...it seems more WOC however...or maybe that is the majority that I see .... My dh really doesn't like when I wear them...But he doesn't complain ...So yeah I would say they have become a trend...I am actually wearing them tonight for the concert lol

Whats not to like about lashes
th_dunno.gif
th_dunno.gif

nothing wrong with a little glam.......

gildedangel

Yeah, they are becoming a trend. I really only wear them on special occasions, they are a little too much hassle for me to do everyday, but that's just me.

miss sha

I don't really see myself ever wearing falsies, even at a special occasion or at a nightclub. They're just too much for me--I don't think I could stand having anything on my eyes like that. I guess like that guy in the OP, I just don't get it.
lol.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
Whats not to like about lashes
th_dunno.gif
th_dunno.gif

nothing wrong with a little glam.......

No there isn't if that is what you are going for...Most days I am not going for Glam so less is more and my dh prefers less...On a daily basis I wear a more neutral look...I only wear lashes on occasions when i am looking for the glam...I don't glam up to go workout or to go to the grocery ...I think it is a preference ... Besides that I have long lashes anyway

We can't even get on what my dh likes and dislikes...he basically doesn't like too much fake anything...just his thing...I love him regardless

Boasorte

LOL sorry I thought that was funny >> <<
BUt I think it is kindof a trend, I've never really worn them, but when I go outside,I see more n more women with them. 2 years ago when I was in high school, my classmate wore them all the time, and she still does....
I don't mind it though

chocolategoddes

I'm a bit confused by the question.
Well, long and full lashes have been a sign of beauty, youth, and femininity for a long time, but maybe women are becoming more concious about their looks and are embracing makeup more than they are used to.

I don't know, falsies have been around for a long time but I've only been into makeup for a few years so I haven't noticed if it could be considered a "new trend".
smiles.gif

celestia

I'd never have seen it as a 'trend' because I've always thought there had always been a nicely sized mainstream market for them in the professional industry and thusly, our personal world (Nowadays we like our looks to compare with the professional world- that what we walk out with looks like it were done by a pro); where individuals start to feel more confident about using them and picking up on it later than others. Just look at what's been available to us now...with everything having a 'professional' label stuck to it to lure purchases!

I mean, false lashes with diamantes were a trend a while back... false lashes with SOME sort of other distinguishing feature could also be seen as a 'trend' but false lashes in general? To me it's like naming jeans in general, a trend. (Arguable on many levels since for all we know in the year 3011, jeans may have in fact been seen as a trend.. 8D).. I guess then, it also depends on the scale of where 'trend' is being applied.

I'd wear mine daily, but I haven't gotten around to purchasing a sizeable stash yet. I don't keep up with trends because I usually I'm usually in my own world. Maybe it's to match the upcoming Style Black and Chanel fall collections of the season. har har. I mean it makes plenty sense right? Along with smudged liner... mmm. I may be biased though, I've always been more of an 'eyes' individual. I'm not one for lipsticks (though certain shades- especially dark, rich, cherry reds usually make me weak).

I'd love to see more upcoming reviews on new lash growers, though the whole 'tint your irises brown' is a bit of a concern.

pheonix phire

hmm..not sure if its a trend. i never paid attention..when i was younger i had naturally long curled lashes so a good back scara was all i needed..but as i got older my lashes started to thin and even the scara didnt make them look good any more..now i dont use scara i just throw on some lashes..no one ever notices because they are used to seeing me with full lashes anyway.

actually what i think has happened is that when you were oblivious to makeup..you were also oblivious to things makeup related..but now that ur eyes are opened..you are just now recognizing what everyone else already saw.

this reminds me of when bubble coats came out in chicago..i never noticed how popular they were until i had my own..the thing was..i didnt get one until a couple of years after they had already been out *chuckle* they certainly were not a the rave anymore..but they were new to me and i thought they were new to everyone else..i was just behind the times lol

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonix phire
hmm..not sure if its a trend. i never paid attention..when i was younger i had naturally long curled lashes so a good back scara was all i needed..but as i got older my lashes started to thin and even the scara didnt make them look good any more..now i dont use scara i just throw on some lashes..no one ever notices because they are used to seeing me with full lashes anyway.

actually what i think has happened is that when you were oblivious to makeup..you were also oblivious to things makeup related..but now that ur eyes are opened..you are just now recognizing what everyone else already saw.

this reminds me of when bubble coats came out in chicago..i never noticed how popular they were until i had my own..the thing was..i didnt get one until a couple of years after they had already been out *chuckle* they certainly were not a the rave anymore..but they were new to me and i thought they were new to everyone else..i was just behind the times lol

OMG THROWBACK!!!!!
I remember bubblecoats lol I had one whn I was like 9

hhunt2

Hmm... I hate it when men question makeup or assume it's a new "makeup trend".

When I do the dramatic crease cut, my husband will say something stupid.... like "Did a Sharpe pen attack you?" Or when I'm sporting red lipstick, "WOW! Who are you meeting today?"

But lashes becoming a trend?? F*ck that guy.
He just doesn't hang with girls that actually wear makeup.
All of my husbands cousins are all girls. Many of them were artists, so he's used to the an artists mind and actions.
Also, I remember an ex asking me many years ago, "So? You don't wear cheek makeup??". I assumed he was talking about blush. I told him, "No". So i guess from his experience with hanging out with girls, he was used to the full face of makeup.

Next time, have your girl question her "ex lover" about something his wearing. Here in Northern California, we have people (mainly guys) who "steal" expensive clothing and purposely leave the tags on while they wear it out. My brother in law and his ghetto friends did that. Just like with guys leaving the hat size sticker on.

LMD84

i don't see that many women in the uk wearing false lashes... although maybe that is just the area i live in. i bet in london lots of ladies do. i have tried falsies many times but always take them off - they don't look right on me and plus my hubby laughed and kindly told me i looked like a tranny with them on
ssad.gif
i was not happy that day!

AshleyDanielle

Not a lot of people wear them in Wisconsin. Or if they do, they blend in, they aren't too long/crazy or whatever. I wear falsies once in a while, when I want to be extra glam for a night out. They make me feel sexier, and I like to pretend I have thick long lashes, even if for only 1 night. LOL
smiles.gif

Latest posts