What's up with the Eyelashes?

cmariemac

I wear them everyday, to the point where I feel naked without them. They give me a tremendous confidence boost and are essential in my makeup kit!
Sorry I am obsessed with falsies lol!

cupcake_x

I haven't noticed. But then again, someone with Tammy Faye Bakker make-up could walk past me and it wouldn't register.

Arisone

It's definitely a trend in my neck of the woods (Brooklyn, NY). A few years ago, it was rare to any non-MAs wearing falsies. Now, women who don't even wear makeup are wearing falsies on a daily basis.

HeavenLeiBlu

Yeah, it's definitely a trend ( moreso with WOC), and I wish it would DIE!!!!!!!

Most of the people wearing them are just doing too much; they're not appropriate for the time/place/occasion. They all seem to be running with the MORE is more theme, and it really looks tacky. There's also the issue of people sleeping in them and having that spider-eye thing happening.

Don't get me wrong, I love a nice, complimentary lash, but most of the women wearing them now definitely don't have a handle on that concept.

MiCHiE

Right. Women are really going OTT with the lashes. It's one thing to wear a demi strip shorter length lash on a daily basis, but I've seen women in office settings who look like they can leave the day job and hop straight onto a pole because the makeup is out there and the lashes are I Love New York-ish.

PinkFluffyDice

I have pretty long lashes and I've perfected my routine to get them right with mascara and curling alone, but I've gone through stages of wearing them daily. I suppose it's either more people are wearing them because as more and more people come to be interested in makeup, they discover new techniques etc and then they pass it on and on (not that falsies are anything new) or more people are starting to notice things they didn't before. I sell false lashes in a store I work at and I suppose people see me with them, then they enquire, then they purchase, then their friends come in etc so its a cycle. That didn't answer or reveal anything new but there's my piece
smiles.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisone
It's definitely a trend in my neck of the woods (Brooklyn, NY). A few years ago, it was rare to any non-MAs wearing falsies. Now, women who don't even wear makeup are wearing falsies on a daily basis.

So true I see it on the train ALL the time, not a stich of makeup, but those long ass lashes

mdjmsj

I honestly haven't noticed that many women wearing false lashes around me but it might just be my area-Connecticut has a lot of conservative types. I presonally have pretty long lashes naturally and just go for a mascara base and mascara when I want some lash drama-I really never wear false lashes but would be open to them for a special occasion when I needed that extra something.

User38

heh.. I have been wearing falsies since 1985..lol. Yeah I hit the 80's with big batting lashes!
greengrin.gif