When did you REALLY get into m/u?

ginger9

How old were you? I would say I started seriously getting into makeup maybe less than two years ago. Before that it was just quick powder foundation under my eye bags and then lipstick. I know, it's sad
tong.gif

What was your first m/u love? My 1st MAC lippie I think it was Extreme
smiles.gif

What did your parental unit say when they first saw you w/ m/u on (if under 18 )? Was over 18
rofl.gif

Do you consider your m/u application skills to be better than those around you? (friends/family) Yes and that's not saying a lot as I have a lot to learn. My mother only wears lipstick and started wearing some foundation and blush on my suggestion. My friends don't pay much attention and they really should... I love Specktra so much because I have you all to talk about makeup with
cheerleader.gif

Do you consider m/u to be an art? Definitely
Do you consider less is more? Sometimes yes.
If you do, does it also mean bright colors are "more"? No, not at all. I love colour, it's so much fun.
Are you a gloss girl (or boy) or a lipstick girl (or boy)? I love them both but if I had to choose then lipstick but gloss to me is like icing on the cake.
Do you think that m/u is to enhance beauty? Sure
Or do you think that m/u is meant only to hide imperfections? Can be but I think imperfections makes us unique and the older I get the more I embrace them, yes even my pimples - I don't feel like it's the end of the world and I have to hide any more.

thestarsfall

How old were you? I first started into makeup when I was like....young..haha...like 6 or 7...just experimenting with those cheap ass kids stuff...I got an eye infection from it hehe...I didn't get serious into it til this past summer (so when i was 19, Im 20 now)...

What was your first m/u love? Me and my best friends LOVED bonne belle lipsmackers stuff...and I still love lots of lipglosses, from MAC, to Avon stuff, to softlips and stuff

What did your parental unit say when they first saw you w/ m/u on (if under 18)? I don't remember...I know my dad thinks its a waste of money, and my mother thinks it looks nice but wouldnt buy me anything expensive...

Do you consider your m/u application skills to be better than those around you? (friends/family) Seeing as I am really the only one seriously into makeup...yes....but even with those around me who minimally apply, my application skills are far better than them...and even a lot of random ppl on the street I would consider mine better (I just don't photograph well...argh)...

Do you consider m/u to be an art? Yes, of course! I have always loved art and creative stuff...I used to sketch and paint and do sculptures and stuff....I havent had time to do that as often, but now I have makeup as a creativity outlet

Do you consider less is more? sometimes. More is also more at times....

If you do, does it also mean bright colors are "more"? I love bright colours....I rarely wear neutrals...

Are you a gloss girl (or boy) or a lipstick girl (or boy)?I am a gloss girl...but I am trying to get more into lipsticks

Do you think that m/u is to enhance beauty?
Or do you think that m/u is meant only to hide imperfections?
Both! hehe....makeup can be used to enhance what you already have, but if you are skilled enough you can create a flawless face...

however, I think that makeup should be used to enhance more than hide....a little coverup: sure, but don't mask yourself