When I go to the MAC Store/Counter, I hate it when.....

MACa6325xi

the MA is waiting on me and someone else comes up and the MA is in a rush in dealing with me. I can't stand that. Is that other customer more important than me? This happened today and the other customer told the MA that she was not in a rush, yet the MA was in such a hurry to get rid of me. Some of you who work at counters or stores can respond to this, but I have worked in retail and usually you tell the other customer "I'll be right with you, or "If you are in a hurry, I can get someone else to assist you." I wasn't trying to take up too much of the MA's time. I'm well aware of other customers in the store.

Indigowaters

I've had this happen to and I insist on being helped (not in a rude way, I just give a look
graucho.gif
). But I also show the courtesy of not doing it to other customers. I guess I get back what I give. But I think it is so rude...I mean, if you're in a rush, why are you stopping by the MAC counter? You don't just happen to be in the "neighborhood". And I feel that if people planned out their day in advance, they wouldn't have to rush others. Buuuuuut, that's just me.
winks.gif

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
I've had this happen to and I insist on being helped (not in a rude way, I just give a look :graucho
smiles.gif
. But I also show the courtesy of not doing it to other customers. I guess I get back what I give. But I think it is so rude...I mean, if you're in a rush, why are you stopping by the MAC counter? You don't just happen to be in the "neighborhood". And I feel that if people planned out their day in advance, they wouldn't have to rush others. Buuuuuut, that's just me.
winks.gif

I don't know what happened really beacause the MA was helping me and then the other lady shows up. She did say she was not in a hurry. I think I should stop spending so much money at this place. I can go to another store or the counter. I just felt I was treated kind of shabby. If the MA had no already rang up my items, I would have left them there.

gabi1129

i've never been rushed before. and if i was i would just walk out and not buy anything. i am in retail as well and know rushing is a no no!

i hate it when... other customers try to talk over me and push infront of me. i thinks its b/c i am a man and they think i shouldnt be concerned with makeup. ive told a lady to back the hell up and that i was here first. that was a fun counter visit and one my best hauls too! that lady wasnt getting between me and my moonbathe!

MACATTAK

Last time I went to Mac, I was rushed by the m/a. I hate that feeling. It wasn't even that busy, and from what I saw, no one was waiting. She just kept following me around & it wasn't cool. I like to take my time to look at new products, test some things. I don't stay hours, but I would like to at least stay more than 5 minutes. Anyway, it was my own fault. I should have spoken up.

BloodMittens

Lol. I'm actually more into helping myself, but I HATE IT when I'm not acknowleged. If everyone is busy I understand, but if I come in willing to spend my money, you better as hell say "HELLO! Welcome to.." or something like that to me. This is all stores, not just MAC. So far my MAC counter has always been polite in handling with me
greengrin.gif
And all of them know I like to find out what I want, have a MA show me the new stuff normally and then I go on my way. I'm very self-oriented. Lawlz.

I'm sorry about the MA trying to rush you, but you must understand too that retail workers have horrible quotas they need to make, and I believe they try their hardest to be polite and swift at the same time.

MiCHiE

I surely wouldn't mind helping myself because everytime I go into the store here, it's packed with women getting MU applications or a bunch of women who have no idea what they want. I grab a few swabs and play with some colors but, for the most part, I can ramble the names off and be out :arrow:.
But, Sunday, I was assisted by a MUA who was very helpful, but she was in such a rush that I didn't get everything I wanted and had to go back today for 4 shadows and a lipstick exchange (my fault). I mean, dont get me wrong, she went above and beyond, but about 4 of the Matte­­² colors (I didn't have a list of those I wanted) were sold out in the pan form and between going back and forth looking for pots and checking on the lady she left to help me, I guess we were both overwhelmed. It's too frustrating, trying to shop in there with so many customers and really, no method of being served. Bah...I'm rambling.

BinkysBaby

I've been rushed so many times and it annoys that dog crap out of me. I don't get as irritated if I see that everyone is being rushed. But if the MA is taking their time with the ppl in front of me and then starts scurrying me along I get upset.

A little off subject but there's something else that I really don't like. I hate it when the MA stays right by my side the entire time. This happens to me so frequently and I try to not take it personally. I rarely have questions because I do research before I get to the store. I usually have a list and I want to try the products in person without being supervised by the MAs.

Jacq-i

I try to take a printed list with me of stuff that I know I want. That way the MA can run around gathering everything, while I browse for impulse buys.
greengrin.gif

It also helps that I tend to go when most people are at work or in school, so the store is fairly calm. I'm so glad MAC releases collections on Thursdays instead of Saturdays/Sundays!

MisStarrlight

Two things you all have to keep in mind.....
*It's MAC. We are usually verrrrry busy & are trained to multi-task. If we're not multi-tasking we will get in trouble.
I cannot speak for individual exeriences or other MAs, but I know for myself, I am not pushy, or rude, but sometimes customers either need to give me a list or ask me secific questions so I can help them. I cannot stand over you while you stare at the eyeshadows for 20 minutes & the store is filled with people who have actual questions. If it's slow, by all means, I will play with colors with you all day, but the eyes of several people staring me down is really really uncomfortable.

*99% of customers aren't like those here on Specktra & a lot of them actually do need someone to follow them around (to assit with questions or to make sure they follow counter practices & don't double-dip-some people are frikin gross with testers

CantAffordMAC

I just feel uncomfortable almost everytime I go into MAC. Because of the attitudes I've gotten or the fact that someone just hands me what I asked for and rings it up. You could put a smile on your face you know.

I also hate when someone stands over me while I'm looking at stuff, or if I can feel someone 5 feet away from me, staring. I think that over time, the artists have just made me feel uncomfortable. There has been 2 times that I went into MAC that I felt good, and the MA's were great. Every other time, I just wanted to leave the store. Or curse someone out.
smiles.gif

MACa6325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I just feel uncomfortable almost everytime I go into MAC. Because of the attitudes I've gotten or the fact that someone just hands me what I asked for and rings it up. You could put a smile on your face you know.

I also hate when someone stands over me while I'm looking at stuff, or if I can feel someone 5 feet away from me, staring. I think that over time, the artists have just made me feel uncomfortable. There has been 2 times that I went into MAC that I felt good, and the MA's were great. Every other time, I just wanted to leave the store. Or curse someone out.
smiles.gif

You should not feel uncomfortable when you go in the store. You should complain about that. I've decided that I will not spend my money if I'm not treated properly. I was already being rung up the other day. Do you have other stores or counters in your area?

glam8babe

ive never really been rushed before, they usually just say "can i help you or anything?" and if i havent chose anything yet i just say "im just looking for now" then once ive chose what i want they see me waiting and just take me to the till area... but the thing i DO hate is when they dont have a clue bout the product, i wrote a story on here before about a when i asked the m/a for the 129 brush when she came back with the 190 i even noticed it was a foundation brush so i said "is this the 129?" i didnt wanna say "OHH THATS THE WRONG BRUSH TAKE IT BACK!" because im not like that then she went to go get what i thouight was the right one; it looked like the brush i wanted until i got home it was the 116 DUH!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
You should not feel uncomfortable when you go in the store. You should complain about that. I've decided that I will not spend my money if I'm not treated properly. I was already being rung up the other day. Do you have other stores or counters in your area?

Well, I think part of it is that I'm already apprehensive about most girls...I just don't get along with girls and damn near every girl that I meet or run into gives me attitude. I always start out being friendly and I always smile at someone; I'm very polite. But there was one time I went into MAC just to look, and a girl asked if I needed help. She had a tone in her voice like she didn't really wanna help, and she wasn't even looking at me, she was doing a face chart. My boyfriend was asking her about getting a job there (he always does that for me, cuz he knows I want to do makeup) and she was like, half answering him. Its just made me feel like, I already don't like females, and even though I am polite/friendly, they aren't, so then my feelings change. Maybe if I went in there more, it would be different because they'd get to know me, but I don't have the money to shop there too often.

Thats at the store. Theres a counter @ Macy's like 3 minutes away from the store, but I'd rather go to the MAC store than the counter. Part of that is probably because the artists at the counter's like to force you to come there. Its like a kiosk in the mall... "Hi, we have some great foundations and eyeshadows, would you like to try one? Awww, are you sure, they're really pretty!" Umm, I don't need to be harrassed to go to you lol. Thats why I like the store, because they don't have to do that.

MACForME

I have dealt with this behaviour a few times. I have 2 MAC freestandings by me, one is in the a high end mall, the other is just a mall-mall. the MA's at the regular mall are SO nasty! I was in there an the MA kept saying "anything else? anything else??" like i was taking up her time or something. It was frustrating because I felt rushed and pushed out. Not to mention, her constant nagging at me, made me forget items I had wanted. Plus, she was in such a hurry that she gave me the WRONG e/s. She gave me the stock "quarry" not the flashtronic "quarry" which I specifically asked for..

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Two things you all have to keep in mind.....
*It's MAC. We are usually verrrrry busy & are trained to multi-task. If we're not multi-tasking we will get in trouble.
I cannot speak for individual exeriences or other MAs, but I know for myself, I am not pushy, or rude, but sometimes customers either need to give me a list or ask me secific questions so I can help them. I cannot stand over you while you stare at the eyeshadows for 20 minutes & the store is filled with people who have actual questions. If it's slow, by all means, I will play with colors with you all day, but the eyes of several people staring me down is really really uncomfortable.

*99% of customers aren't like those here on Specktra & a lot of them actually do need someone to follow them around (to assit with questions or to make sure they follow counter practices & don't double-dip-some people are frikin gross with testers

I try REALLY hard to be consciencious of the face that the store can be super busy.. I also am as NICE as possible, not because it pays to be nice, but because when you are nice,the MA's/SA's seem a bit more relaxed. I had an SA forget to credit me for my ton of empties.. When I went back, I QUIETLY pulled her aside and whispered what happened..she was so mortified and just kept apologizing up and down like crazy. There is no reason to yell at the MA/SA who makes a simple error either.. But on the flip side, I'm nice to them, and its not right to be huffy because the last 10 customers were jerks.

Beauty Mark

As long as you're not taking an insane amount of time (like an hour to choose a lipstick), I think you should tell the MA that you need more time and would she please slow down so you can think about your decision. It's just courtesy and even more, it's going to save MAC some money. If you return all your purchases, that stuff gets pitched.

As per usual, I recommend a calm, respectful complaint via the MAC website or calling the manager directly if that doesn't work.

flowerhead

That's not very nice. I always ignore the MA's, I know what I want but they always insist on trying to help me, but usually in a weird tone like they're trying to get rid of me!

elegant-one

I'm like a lot of you...I just want to make my own decision and play with the colors. I've also run in to some real snotty gals at Nordstroms all standing around just talking to each other, but don't want to help you when you need it. Or, you call and they smart off on the phone. So, I just called MAC directly and told them what store. They actually dealt with it! Oh, & I also complained to MAC directly about Sandra Bernhard's (mac spokesperson awhile back) comment on a MAC video that Republican women were thin lipped bitches. WHAT! Just sell the makeup - I don't want to hear your political rhetoric.

There is one beautiful gal that hugs me and treats me great, so i just go to her now.

as_cute_as_pie

this is what i hate about MAC usually i just get ignored LOL like their too busy to even acknoledge you though when i do get served its fine its just the 'lead up' to it lol

Latest posts