When I go to the MAC Store/Counter, I hate it when.....

xsnowwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I just feel uncomfortable almost everytime I go into MAC. Because of the attitudes I've gotten or the fact that someone just hands me what I asked for and rings it up. You could put a smile on your face you know.

I also hate when someone stands over me while I'm looking at stuff, or if I can feel someone 5 feet away from me, staring. I think that over time, the artists have just made me feel uncomfortable. There has been 2 times that I went into MAC that I felt good, and the MA's were great. Every other time, I just wanted to leave the store. Or curse someone out.
smiles.gif

OMG i feel the exact same way!
And i feel like they don't think i know what im doing just because im young so they dont even bother helping me. I hate my mac store!

MAC_Whore

1. When I go to a counter I don't normally visit and get a condescending twat with attitude who "helps" me. I just think, "One, customer SERVICE, two, it's just makeup and three, I used to sling MAC just like you, so bring it down a notch." I have lost my patience for things like that. I just tell them like it is now.

2. When an MA doesn't pay attention to what I ask for and I get home with the wrong items or not everything that I asked for.

3. Ummm, I also hate it when I go to the counter and they don't have anything that I haven't already bought.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq-i
I try to take a printed list with me of stuff that I know I want. That way the MA can run around gathering everything, while I browse for impulse buys.....

I do the same thing when I can. It avoids errors.

little teaser

i guess i been lucky cause both the counter and freestanding store have always been nice and helpfull, if i know im gonna take a while i will tell them to go ahead and take there time helping the next person, and when im done i wait, only thing that piss me off is if i have a huge list and i write it all down for them and they still send me home with the wrong thing , but i even got that part down and make sure i check before i leave so i dont waste gas comeing right back. only time there was any rudeness or drama was two sa argueing with each other as to who actually sold me "the" blush... wtf the one apologize and said i dont know why she was acting like that cause we dont make commision, needless to say i dont see that girl there no more. ha

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Two things you all have to keep in mind.....
*It's MAC. We are usually verrrrry busy & are trained to multi-task. If we're not multi-tasking we will get in trouble.
I cannot speak for individual exeriences or other MAs, but I know for myself, I am not pushy, or rude, but sometimes customers either need to give me a list or ask me secific questions so I can help them. I cannot stand over you while you stare at the eyeshadows for 20 minutes & the store is filled with people who have actual questions. If it's slow, by all means, I will play with colors with you all day, but the eyes of several people staring me down is really really uncomfortable.

*99% of customers aren't like those here on Specktra & a lot of them actually do need someone to follow them around (to assit with questions or to make sure they follow counter practices & don't double-dip-some people are frikin gross with testers

Exactly. We are reviewed on our ability to multi-task. Some MAs are not good at politely moving things along I guess. One of my pet peeves is being interrupted, and I HATE having to interrupt someone during a service, but we just have to sometimes. And people do stare you down!

aziajs

I hate it when a MA reaches over me to get an item and comesthisclosetotouchingme. I could have killed one a couple weeks ago. He acted like I was wasn't even standing there. He had seriously worked my last damn nerve. If he had said excuse me it would have been no problem. I would have actually moved out of the way.

foreverymoment

oh have i got a good one. (this isn't on the topic of being brushed off or rushed...usually my MAs leave me to my thing until I need them...sometimes I'm even more knowledgeable about what came out then some of them are...)

So I was at the counter -- on my birthday no less -- and one tells me to try on a lipgloss and i'm figuring it's because this woman is there and looks skeptical about it...and since they basically treat me like one of them, i'm happy to oblige right? Well, here's how this went down (T and M are the MAs and A is me)

M: put this on
A: ok...(puts gloss on)
M: now lick your lips...does it taste like vanilla?
A: (licks lips) groooooooooooss...I feel like i just ate a box of crayons [insert overly dramatic gagging noises here because i'm in theater]
T: what?
A: when MAC lip products are good, they taste like vanilla...but when they're rancid, it's like crayons
T: i didn't know that.

i could have killed them. (not really, but i mean, at least have the decency to tell me you're wanting me to see if it's gone by...i don't mind...honestly...)

Beauty Mark

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard of. It sounds like it's a good way to get people to not visit your store.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverymoment
oh have i got a good one. (this isn't on the topic of being brushed off or rushed...usually my MAs leave me to my thing until I need them...sometimes I'm even more knowledgeable about what came out then some of them are...)

So I was at the counter -- on my birthday no less -- and one tells me to try on a lipgloss and i'm figuring it's because this woman is there and looks skeptical about it...and since they basically treat me like one of them, i'm happy to oblige right? Well, here's how this went down (T and M are the MAs and A is me)

M: put this on
A: ok...(puts gloss on)
M: now lick your lips...does it taste like vanilla?
A: (licks lips) groooooooooooss...I feel like i just ate a box of crayons [insert overly dramatic gagging noises here because i'm in theater]
T: what?
A: when MAC lip products are good, they taste like vanilla...but when they're rancid, it's like crayons
T: i didn't know that.

i could have killed them. (not really, but i mean, at least have the decency to tell me you're wanting me to see if it's gone by...i don't mind...honestly...)

That's really random...maybe she honestly didn't know that & it tasted funny to her so she wanted another opinion to make sure she wasn't going crazy & you happened to be the first one she saw. But yeah...still odd.

astronaut

I really hate it when MA's recommend me too much stuff, that I'm most likely not interested in. I just moved from Sacramento to San Diego. I'm a regular to the MAC store and counter, so the MA's there know what I like, and know my shopping habits. I usually have an idea of what I want, just look on my own and come up to them when I need something, have questions, or want suggestions. The first time I was helped at the MAC counter in San Diego, I knew what products I wanted. They didn't have Decorative lustreglass so she tried suggesting all these lipglasses and I told her I only like lustreglasses because of the brush. She then tries to sell me 3d glasses, which I told her I did not like because I'm not too crazy about how sheer they are and the skinny brush as opposed to the more wide brush on lustreglasses. I then wanted a paint pot in bare study, but they also ran out. She then tried to sell me paints. I said I didn't like paints because I hear they tend to be heavy and drying. Then she tried shadesticks but I said that I hear that they tend to crease. She was really pushy about everything and made me follow her around the MAC counter; I didn't have any time to breath! She was getting rude too, probably agitated that I wasn't interested in anything she was trying to sell me, so I just had it and left.

Another time I was there, an MA also kept suggesting some things, but not as pushy as the first time. Something that really irritated me was that I was looking at the lustreglasses, and she suggested that I try the prolongwear, and I told her that I tried it and didn't like it. She immediately said, "too drying?". I said yes and she nodded, looking like she understood. If you knew it was too drying, then why would you suggest it to me? I'm still on a quest for my go to perfect honest MAC MA here.

Beauty Mark

She probably asked that, because some people have made that comment in the past and wanted to get a feel for what you like and dislike.

I find a lot of matte lipsticks drying, for instance, and I generally steer away from them. While that's a common comment about matte lipsticks, not everyone shares that sentiment or is bothered by it. It's like if I suggested Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy and you said that you didn't like it. I would probably follow with something about the glitter, because I don't know if the large amounts of glitter bother you or not. It's common complaint, but it's not something that bothers everyone.

redambition

rushing isn't the big trouble for me.

i get peeved when i go into to MAC (or any makeup counter) and the MA tries to match whatever i'm buying to my hair. as in, the same orangey/coppery/red family.

sorry, i don't want my eyelids/cheeks/lips to coordinate perfectly with my locks. it makes my face blend in to my hair.

Kuuipo

I like to go to MAC on off hours-like early morning or later in the evening. I don't get crushed by other customers,and the MA's are not in a rush. I have been happy with all the freestanding MAC stores I visited in different states,and at counters. I usually come with a list,and it usually is a long one. I'm not an indecisive person, and I'm not an agressive person. I'll look till someone decides to help me...All of the MAC associates in Hawaii that I have met have been friendly. I'm a very nondemanding friendly customer though, because I spent years in retail and I still work a service job. I have had some unfriendly experiences at Estee Lauder counters-like all the time. It's the same parent company,but the associates are so different! I like it when people are friendly and say hello and smile but are not pushy.

wikdwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I really hate it when MA's recommend me too much stuff, that I'm most likely not interested in. I just moved from Sacramento to San Diego. I'm a regular to the MAC store and counter, so the MA's there know what I like, and know my shopping habits. I usually have an idea of what I want, just look on my own and come up to them when I need something, have questions, or want suggestions. The first time I was helped at the MAC counter in San Diego, I knew what products I wanted. They didn't have Decorative lustreglass so she tried suggesting all these lipglasses and I told her I only like lustreglasses because of the brush. She then tries to sell me 3d glasses, which I told her I did not like because I'm not too crazy about how sheer they are and the skinny brush as opposed to the more wide brush on lustreglasses. I then wanted a paint pot in bare study, but they also ran out. She then tried to sell me paints. I said I didn't like paints because I hear they tend to be heavy and drying. Then she tried shadesticks but I said that I hear that they tend to crease. She was really pushy about everything and made me follow her around the MAC counter; I didn't have any time to breath! She was getting rude too, probably agitated that I wasn't interested in anything she was trying to sell me, so I just had it and left.

Another time I was there, an MA also kept suggesting some things, but not as pushy as the first time. Something that really irritated me was that I was looking at the lustreglasses, and she suggested that I try the prolongwear, and I told her that I tried it and didn't like it. She immediately said, "too drying?". I said yes and she nodded, looking like she understood. If you knew it was too drying, then why would you suggest it to me? I'm still on a quest for my go to perfect honest MAC MA here.

can you reccomend an MA at the Arden freestanding?

KikiB

I hate it when some of the artists are condescending towards me because I do use some other brands. That is my only pet peeve-ever since I really got in I am definitely someone who the artists love to see. I'm not a big buyer, but I always go in with a good attitude and am open to their advice and recommendations. Sometimes it can be hard though because the last time I went to a FS store I had the artists complimenting ME on MY makeup, that I did rushing to get out of the house that morning.

When I do go to buy my MAC, I definitely try to go in the morning or very early afternoon. It just doesn't feel as stressful that way...and trust me, I work retail so I know all about that.

aleksis210

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I just feel uncomfortable almost everytime I go into MAC. Because of the attitudes I've gotten or the fact that someone just hands me what I asked for and rings it up. You could put a smile on your face you know.

I also hate when someone stands over me while I'm looking at stuff, or if I can feel someone 5 feet away from me, staring. I think that over time, the artists have just made me feel uncomfortable. There has been 2 times that I went into MAC that I felt good, and the MA's were great. Every other time, I just wanted to leave the store. Or curse someone out.
smiles.gif

saaaame, what's up with that?...one time a girl was staring at me for like 10 minutes when there were other people in the store..I finally looked up at her and said "yeeesss?" lol she finally looked away..oh but the other night a girl was helping me at the mac counter in Nordstrom and she was SO nice...then she said "sorry I'm having trouble finding all your items, I work over at that counter" (presriptives) GO FIGURE

chocolategoddes

I've never felt too rushed my an MA because I usually know what I want when I get there, but if they were under-staffed I would see it as " hey, they need to make their sales goals and they can't let that potential customer leave".
or Maybe I'm too polite. :p

badkittekitte

i have actually never had a bad experience at mac but i have had a bad experience with benefit...the ma tried to tell me that i didnt know what i wanted and that she knew what was best for me...what she sold me was the brow kit and it just looked way too dark on me and then she tried to shove more product down my throat after i already said no...i can understand making a sell and having goals but when i say no more than three times...ur out and please dont make me say it again..i already feel guilty and i hate feeling that way but i have never had a bad experience at mac bc i go to the same place almost everytime and the girls know me and take care of me!

l1onqueen

Last wednesday I went to exchange a paint pot and the MU suggested lashes after I told her about an event I was going to the next night. At the time the counter was empty, she had just finished with the last customer. I've never done lashes before and she offered to apply them. I said yes and we get started...in walks this women who just barges in, doesn't say "excuse me" The MU and I were talking at the time, and demands to be helped with a product. The MU calmly explained that she would be with her shortly, but the women just kept bugging her, so finally she asks if I would mind waiting so she could help her and get rid of her. I smiled and said yes, but deep down I was a little annoyed. What happened to waiting your turn? Should I have said "YES I do mind?"

snowflakelashes

I think that might drive me crazy too. I was so lucky with my first real mac experience (the girl who sold me my lipglass was good too i just didn't have a lot of time and couldn't shop for eye stuff b/c that takes too long for me and I was meeting someone for dinner). But I did a walk in and she was great, she said she'd have to leave to help other customers and stuff but I didn't mind at all. It actually gave time for me to think and for stuff to sink in for me to drink in the tips and experience, and commit it to memory. I'd much rather have that than feel like I was rushed and taking up all her time too. I'm okay with sales people multi tasking, I just expect them to be okay with me taking time to think while they go help someone else for 10 minutes..., if its clothes I might take a long time to try something on. Or a long time to decide if i like a color or scent, I won't frequent a store again if I get bad customer service. Generally I am lucky with it,... knock on wood. I believe shopping should be a happy experience, why would I lay out my hard earned money somewhere where the people make me feel bad!

M.A.C. head.

I've had a couple of annoying experiences at MAC, but overall I'm satisfied.

Once I walked up to a counter, looked around for a second, and just waited I a second because it was a bit busy. I figured that an MA would help me as they worked their way around, so I'm browsing, then I decide on what I want, so I make eye contact with this male MA to signal that I would like some help. He stands there, gives me a "whatever" look, and just goes back to doing nothing :/ I WAS OUTRAGED! I drop cash EVERYTIME I go to the MAC counter, so I was livid. I complained to the manager, but I don't know if anything happened because I never went back to that counter again.

Other than that and once when a MA just had a stick up her vag, I've had fun. I find that something that helps is telling them some of the things you want off the bat, when they ask if you've been helped and whatnot. Then, they're like "okay, she's not gonna just waste our time and not buy anything". Even if I'm not set on anything, I ask if there is anything new out. Stuff like that.