Where do people get this much?? legit??

TheCollector

Wow, look at the boxes of new MAC this person has!!
drools.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MAC-MAKEUP-LOT-Authentic-Wholesale-You-Choose_W0QQitemZ400057259016QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_2?hash=item5d25455408&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|3 01%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50

Where would someone get that much from?? It makes me wonder if its legit. Like stolen?? or mob?? anyone know anything about it? Just always been curious.
th_dunno.gif

SometimesTheyComeBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Wow, look at the boxes of new MAC this person has!!
drools.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MAC-MAKEUP-LOT-Authentic-Wholesale-You-Choose_W0QQitemZ400057259016QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_2?hash=item5d25455408&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|3 01%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50

Where would someone get that much from?? It makes me wonder if its legit. Like stolen?? or mob?? anyone know anything about it? Just always been curious.
th_dunno.gif

CCO's maybe? Alot of that stuff looks to be legit..

drools.gif

panda0410

Theres a limit at CCOs - I think its only 3 or 4 each of the same item at any one time in a singular purchase, and she seems to be confident that she has an awful lot of stock...LOL...maybe she bought 4 of each of everything...LOLOL
greengrin.gif

Not sure I'd be willing to gamble on what the other 4 items would end up being, though it might make somebodys day a bit of fun
winks.gif

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesTheyComeBack
CCO's maybe? Alot of that stuff looks to be legit..

drools.gif

Seconding, this stuff is currently at CCO's. I see red boxes for the 08 Holiday eyeshadow sets, purple box for Infatuating Rose, Shadowy Lady quad (white boxes), Tempting quad(white boxes), Colour Forms Eyes and Royal Assets at CCO's as we speak.

Math : Her auction starts at $75.00 + $10.00 shipping

$26.75 Holiday 08 Eyeshadow cost at CCO
$10.00 Lipstick cost at CCO
$13.75 Pigment
$10.25 Eyeshadow
$17.00 Cleanse Off Oil (All this if you're lucky!)
----------------------
$77.75 without shipping if bought from the CCO

I am willing to bet noone is going to get a quad or an 08 Holiday eye shadow set and then a cleanse off oil but she's probably thinking the pic will lift peoples' hopes a little higher for a better turn out. She/he will make sure they don't lose out whatever the auction ends at, I'm willing to bet you. That's multiple CCO buys going on for the pic if that's really what they're sending you.

You made me run around my room to get accurate prices. Funny at 4:30 am.
th_LMAO.gif

julie150463

Did you know that Estee Lauder in Canada have a warehouse sale every now and again - not sure how often.
Perhaps she stocked up there?

It does iritate when MAC say they do not do wholesale - what do they think people are going to do with their purchases when they turn up and buy loads of the stuff? Surely they don't believe it's for personal use?

II3rinII

at the stores we do put a limit on the amount of an item someone buys because we dont want them re-selling. however sometimes we do have multi one item shoppers who are legit, like this lady who comes in and buys 3 lingering pencils, she lives too far away to travel up to the store for replacements and you know the eyebrow pencils can run out with no notice. we even bent the rule for her because she wanted more than the limit once and got upset when we wouldnt let her, she told us about living so far away and all that so we let her, it was obvious she wasnt running a "lingering pencl sale" out of her trunk. we get email all the time from corp saying "do not sell to this person (insert name)" and it will say something like theyve been caught selling on ebay, or they have been caught going out of the country (a lot of times africa) and selling the items. even pro members have had their discounts revoked because they were caught selling items. mac is definatly aware of what people are doing but why punish everyone because some people are shady. there are plenty legit mac fans who want to be able to purchase back ups of their fave LE items and some ebay seller shouldnt ruin that for them.

frostiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Theres a limit at CCOs - I think its only 3 or 4 each of the same item at any one time in a singular purchase, and she seems to be confident that she has an awful lot of stock...LOL...maybe she bought 4 of each of everything...LOLOL
greengrin.gif

Not sure I'd be willing to gamble on what the other 4 items would end up being, though it might make somebodys day a bit of fun
winks.gif

The CCO where I live has no such limit--I have bought 4 shadows, 5 lipsticks, etc at the same time and they have never said anything to me about it. So its possible that all these items were purchased at the CCO in one go-round.

Mui

Haha, maybe she works at a MAC store/CCO and have been slipping them into her purse every day or so. Jkjk!

Maybe she had several family members/friends help her/him out! But dayyum
ssad.gif
I want those.

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
^^^ This is why I can't get pregnant, I'd freak at the point the decision was a child or my make up. My fiance already thinks I spend too much but a baby with formula, diapers and clothing and then shopping don't seem like they go hand in hand. Seems like a hard choice but I know there are mothers on here who do both....have no idea how but it can be done. I'd be like no teething on mommy's MES!!!
nope.gif

th_LMAO.gif
maybe you could forgo back2mac and make pigment jar mobiles, fix + bottle rattles, nail polish skittles, then mommy gets her mac, baby gets toys and will definitely grow up to be a make up artist. Works from every angle!

Eleentje

If you notice though, that person is tricking you with that photo with all the MAC stuff they have. Cos if you read on, you will realize that you will only get 5 items in total. Ive noticed that sometimes people get blinded by the amount of genuine MAC in the picture and bid ridiculous amounts for a couple of items (it's not like someone will send you really expensive stuff in one of those 'lucky dip' auctions).

And speaking of huge lots of (authentic) MAC products... This auction has almost made me cry and hate being a poor student: MAC COSMETICS LOT OF 1500 PIECES FREE DELIVERY on eBay (end time 30-Aug-09 13:09:41 BST)

1500 items :O :O Someone got themselves a great deal.
mac_haul.gif
th_drool.gif

Cinci

wow, look at all the Belle Azure collection boxes.. that is a pretty great deal if what is received is what is pictured and all are authentic....

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
If you notice though, that person is tricking you with that photo with all the MAC stuff they have. Cos if you read on, you will realize that you will only get 5 items in total. Ive noticed that sometimes people get blinded by the amount of genuine MAC in the picture and bid ridiculous amounts for a couple of items (it's not like someone will send you really expensive stuff in one of those 'lucky dip' auctions).

And speaking of huge lots of (authentic) MAC products... This auction has almost made me cry and hate being a poor student: MAC COSMETICS LOT OF 1500 PIECES FREE DELIVERY on eBay (end time 30-Aug-09 13:09:41 BST)

1500 items :O :O Someone got themselves a great deal.
mac_haul.gif
th_drool.gif

If all that MAC is real then the person winning it has done well. However, I would NEVER give £5000 + over to someone who had no feedback and when there were no close up photos of the stock I was buying.

Eleentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
If all that MAC is real then the person winning it has done well. However, I would NEVER give £5000 + over to someone who had no feedback and when there were no close up photos of the stock I was buying.

LOL I don't even own that much money, so I wouldn't be able to give it to anyone, even if I really wanted to.
ssad.gif

To me the stuff looks real. I don't see any brush kits, are those not just bags? Seller did mention that she had some bags in the lot. There aren't actually many brushes in the photos. And no copious amounts of Fafi/Hello Kitty stuff, which would definiely set off major alarm bells for me.

I'm pretty sure that whoever paid that much money would be stupid not to ask for close-ups of the items. Although it still wouldn't prevent the seller from mixing the bad and good stuff together in a lot THAt big, and then sending the close-ups of only authentic items. I guess it will always remain the risc factor of buying on ebay, esp. cos paypal won't refund any money for counterfeited items that quickly.

BellaItalia1969

Sadly im quite pessimistic when it comes to buying Mac,B.Brown and my other fav brand BeneFit off ebay!Unless of course i would buy from Julie150463
thmbup.gif

There's just so much of all these fakey stuff flying around that it churns my stomach!
That is not to say that there are some genuine sellers left on ebay who sell only authentic MAC !