where do you buy mac besides ebay and ccos?

Fataliya

Re: where do you buy our cheap mac besides ebay and ccos?

I'm curious, too. I've only gotten the foundation/powder from Dillard's. The rest came from two CCO's.

NatalieMT

There isn't such a thing as cheap MAC really, most of the guys and gals here buy full price direct from MAC store/counter/online. I know I do! CCOs as mentioned are pretty good for a small discount, we have a forum here where you can check out what other members have spotted at certain outlets before you consider making a trip there. The B2M recycling programme is also something to remember, atleast you're getting a product for returning your 6 empties.

Buying from ebay is always very risky - personally I wouldn't even go there if you're not super familar with what to look for in fakes. It's very easy to be drawn into a deal and end up with a dud product. I would never recommend ebay for cosmetics. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Plus if you get a fake pigment or eyeshadow heck knows what you're putting close to your eyes. If you value your sight just don't.

Other than that makeupalley.com for trading items you may have bought and no longer want and also here on Specktra we have the Clearance Bin section where members can post up a wishlist and buy/sell/trade. This bit of the forum appears after 20 posts. You can often find items there under retail.

fadedillusions

thank you! i buy all mine at the mac counter but was just curious because ive heard of people buying from websites

romi79_2008

I would say that ebay products are not always very fresh I know i bought a couple of foundations and couldn`t use them so i paid 20$ for something i couldn`t use instead of 25 for a new product. Not a good deal
the eyeshadows are sometimes used/swatched
be very careful about brushes , they are usually fake

LMD84

generally if it looks too good to be true it usually is! mac does not come cheap! unless it's in a specktra sale thred of course! i bought one pigment from ebay and it was fake. one of my friends told me she had loads of mac pigments - when she showed me them they were all fake too! and she was heartbroken when i told her so. all from ebay of course!

now i stick to buying from mac stores/ website and here on sepcktra!

caitlin1593

allcosmeticswholesale.com is great! shes a trusted ebay seller and has tons of LE n stuff. plus most eyeshadows are like 10.99

GlamQueen21

I sometimes go on Ebay to look for a certain product and look for trustworthy Ebay sellers that have authentic MAC items that I want to purchase. So far, I got authentic itmes from them and never had fakes. I watch out for it and mostly I go online and get my MAC products that I really want.

panda0410

Ebay is and CAN be useful for people who 1) dont have access to a pro store or counter - and no some countries DONT have them, and 2) people who are after rare or Dcd colours. There are several trusted sellers both in the UK and the US that I know are ONLY selling authentic MAC so its more a matter of being familair with the products you are actually after and getting to know the seller as well
smiles.gif

There is a lengthy list of recommended sellers in the counterfeit forum but in the short term here is a list of people I know and trust -

UK
julie150463 (also a member here)
charleyandemily (also a member here)

US
denisef609
mac-a-holic
my-boo-kitty
rick21994
sorroww13

Private websites
UK
Love Make Up - Authentic and Genuine Cosmetics from Mac, Smashbox,

AU
Cyber Emporium

US
https://www.starsmakeuphaven.com/

MissResha

personally, i've found it better to just never buy from ebay. too much of a hassle if you ask me.

i stick to CCO's and the lovely sellers on this board lol. i've gotten some great deals from Specktra alone. no wonder i'm so broke all the time.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
personally, i've found it better to just never buy from ebay. too much of a hassle if you ask me.

i stick to CCO's and the lovely sellers on this board lol. i've gotten some great deals from Specktra alone. no wonder i'm so broke all the time.

Me too
smiles.gif
But please be aware that some people have bought and sold fakes in the specktra clearance bins as well, albeit perhaps unknowingly...

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Me too
smiles.gif
But please be aware that some people have bought and sold fakes in the specktra clearance bins as well, albeit perhaps unknowingly...

Yep ..and not everything is "tested once or twice with a brush" as described too, so use your common sense and sanitise accordingly.

I've bought loads off Ebay over the years and luckily haven't been stung yet. I also managed to get some great bargains too form the Clearance bin when the exchange rate was in the favour of the pound, and even more recently when it hasn't too.

TexasBelle

I have bought MAC and other high-end brands at a deep discount from a website called Bombshell Bargains (you can Google for it and find the link; I'm not sure if it's okay for me to post a link or not).

In fact, I received 2 MAC e/s and 1 MAC pigment from them in the mail today, and they are the real, genuine stuff (I carefully compared every detail to products I'd bought directly at a MAC counter). Good service, fast shipping, and good prices.

X4biddenxLustX

The only place I can buy MAC really are at Macy's counters. Theres a new Nordstroms that opened up but it's a bit far away from here, so yeah I guess it'll just be Macy's for a while.

I think I'd only really trust ebay to buy MAC for like LE items that have special packaging, the kind that people can't easily pull off a fake of. Like Heatherette or Barbie would probably be a good example. But I'd also make sure that its clearly printed that the items are brand new and never been used or tested in anyway also.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
The only place I can buy MAC really are at Macy's counters. Theres a new Nordstroms that opened up but it's a bit far away from here, so yeah I guess it'll just be Macy's for a while.

I think I'd only really trust ebay to buy MAC for like LE items that have special packaging, the kind that people can't easily pull off a fake of. Like Heatherette or Barbie would probably be a good example. But I'd also make sure that its clearly printed that the items are brand new and never been used or tested in anyway also.

These are the two most faked LE/special packaged items on ebay
thmbdn.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
These are the two most faked LE/special packaged items on ebay
thmbdn.gif

Really?! I didn't know that. I just thought it was a lot harder to make fakes of things like that. Is there a way of telling if a LE item is authentic or not?

Curly1908

I've bought my MAC foundations and blot powder off of E-bay for years and have yet to receive a fake. I only purchase things that I've tried or actually bought from the MAC counter so I have something to compare it to.

X4biddenxLustX

^^Thats a good idea. But I'm not really willing to go through all the trouble of saving a couple bucks on permanent items on ebay and have it be a fake possibility and try to report it, notify the seller and try to get my money back. I haven't bought MAC on ebay but I was planning on to for LE items but idk now.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
^^Thats a good idea. But I'm not really willing to go through all the trouble of saving a couple bucks on permanent items on ebay and have it be a fake possibility and try to report it, notify the seller and try to get my money back. I haven't bought MAC on ebay but I was planning on to for LE items but idk now.

Well, I use Paypal so I've never had difficult in getting my $ back. (I received a damaged bottle of conditioner one time.) Do what you feel is best.
smiles.gif

I'm a bit of a cheapskate/bargain shopper.
cutey.gif
My makeup bag is a combination of MAC, Philosophy, and Maybelline. MAC is the only brand I love that rarely has a discount code beyond "free shipping". Not to mention the price increases. (When my aunt bought me my first lipglass, I believe it was like $10 or so. Estee Lauder is the devil!
angry.gif
) In order to be fabulous, I have to be a diva on a budget so I buy MAC from the counter as well as online. I've saved tons of $.