Which magazines do you subscribe to?

kaliraksha

I subscribe to a lot of magazines because I usually wait for them to go on sale for less than 10/yr.

Psychology Today
Architectural Digest
Wired
National Geographics Traveler
Yoga Journal
Shape
Self
Saveur
Bon Appetit
Food Network Magazine
Fine Cooking
Food & Wine

InspiredBlue

Elle US
Vanity Fair

I usually have US Vogue as well, but I agreed to cut that one for budget reasons this year. (I pay $50-ish for most of these US subscriptions.)
Ideally I would like to have both US and UK Elle and Vogue, but the UK subscriptions are surprisingly a lot more expensive than the US ones to have sent internationally.

shontay07108

I sub to UsWeekly. Not sure I like what that says about me, but whatever. It's fun. I love looking at the clothes.

obscuria

Hi-Fructose (undeground art/culture magazine) I highly recommend this one if anyone is interested in current artists that have a bit of a dark flare to them.
APA Monitor on Psychology
Scientific American Mind
People
Oh and Marie Claire, hah!

ShortnSassy

allure
elle
marie claire
makeup artists magazine
and if i'm bored i end up buying vogue or cosmo off the stand. i really like people style too!

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Elle US
Vanity Fair

I usually have US Vogue as well, but I agreed to cut that one for budget reasons this year. (I pay $50-ish for most of these US subscriptions.)
Ideally I would like to have both US and UK Elle and Vogue, but the UK subscriptions are surprisingly a lot more expensive than the US ones to have sent internationally.

Heh, it goes both ways! I would love to subscribe to some UK or Australian mags but it's $50-100/yr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
Hi-Fructose (undeground art/culture magazine) I highly recommend this one if anyone is interested in current artists that have a bit of a dark flare to them.
APA Monitor on Psychology
Scientific American Mind
People
Oh and Marie Claire, hah!

Ah! How do you like Scientific American Mind? I've been wanting to subscribe, but haven't found a price I like yet. Might just have to bite the bullet.. Psych Today has really changed since I started reading it a few years back.

lara

I don't have any subscriptions - I live in an apartment building and people love to steal magazines - but these are what I buy every week/month:

Weekly/Fortnightly
New Scientist
Time
Newsweek (I think I'm one of the last people around who still buys these last two religiously, heh)

Monthly
Wired (US and UK editions)
Vanity Fair (US edition)
Masterchef
Vogue Entertaining & Travel
Delicious
Harper's Bazaare
White Dwarf
Top Gear
IdN
Russh
Frankie
and the occasional indie media magazine if there's something really interesting in it.

BEA2LS

i do not subscribe to any but i do buy a lot depending on what/who is on the cover lol nothing serious, though..
People style watch(only regular people if someone i love is on the cover)
People Country
Various Dog magazines
Lighthouse Digest (actually, i do subscribe to this one, i loved it for years, i have a thing for history and lighthouses)

Susanne

I have no subscriptions at the moment, but if I get new ones I would choose

Glamour
Cosmopolitan

(both German)

I love reading beauty and fashion magazines to relax from my job and get inspiration.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
I don't have any subscriptions - I live in an apartment building and people love to steal magazines - but these are what I buy every week/month:

Weekly/Fortnightly
New Scientist
Time
Newsweek (I think I'm one of the last people around who still buys these last two religiously, heh)

My father has a Newsweek subscription since ages and I can read the magazines there
winks.gif

kittykit

I don't subscribe to any mags but got Cosmo US subscription as gift from the man last Xmas.

I usually buy
Cosmo UK
Marie Claire UK
Time

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha

Ah! How do you like Scientific American Mind? I've been wanting to subscribe, but haven't found a price I like yet. Might just have to bite the bullet.. Psych Today has really changed since I started reading it a few years back.

I like it more than Psych Today. To compare what I have read, PT is more accessible to the general public I think, but it doesn't really offer anything new to the field of psychology that isn't already common knowledge if you took a few psych courses or majored in it like I have, and the topics kind of seem like a "no duh" scenario at times. It's definitely has more of a self-help approach than scientific american mind. Also I have noticed the decline in the substance of the magazine in favor of eyecatching headlines in recent years, which is rather disappointing since I used to really enjoy this magazine.

Scientific american mind offers the same appeal because it has a lot of interesting topics, you also can't just guess at what the conclusions are if you just read the title, which I like, it's more thorough, and the topics offer more of the newer insights into the mind. It's focused more on the neuroscience of psychology, which is the area that I am most interested in and I like that it addresses a lot of disorders as well as the normal human brain. It's not as thorough as the APA Monitor in Psych, which is good in this case because sometimes APA can get really detailed and lose appeal to people not extremely knowledgable or interested in the topic of whatever article is being published.

Senoj

I'm subscribed to Essence and In style, I'm thinking about subscribing to Heart and Soul.

I would probably have more subscriptions but I work at a library and we get magazine subscriptions there.

LMD84

i have a subscription to cosmopolitan (uk) and also company magazine - this one is very much like cosmopolitan
smiles.gif

i used to get lots of celebrity gossip magazines and spend a small fortune on them... now i just go on perez hilton each day to get my gossip fix!

tarnii

I subscribe to Australian Marie Claire and Australian Womens Health magazine.

But I also buy any number of random magazines every month - usually because I am the perfect consumer and easilly drawn in by the glossy covers.

kc8

Glamour
Cosmo
Maire Claire
People
US Weekly

Cut out:

InStyle (got kinda boring to me, but I pick up sometimes at the store depending on who's on the cover)
Lucky (sad to read 'cause you can go broke!)

Started to pick up 'Real Simple' at the store in hopes it will make me more organized!