Which NARS duos??

aibreanx

Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster
smiles.gif

I wanted to get some advice from all you lovely experts on which NARS duos I should get. I'm lusting over WAY too many and I must narrow it down!

I'm a little lighter than NW15 with green eyes and red/brown hair. My only NARS product at the moment is the Rajasthan duo and I love it.

The ones I'm thinking about:
Cordura
Kuala Lumpur
Charade
Belissima
Tzarine
Underworld

Any other suggestions? Let me know what you guys think
smiles.gif

Thanks so much!!
specktra_rocks.gif

Nastka

Underworld is lovely, but mine is extremly crumbly. The darker shade is already in pieces, and I didn't even drop it or knock it around. It's nice for dramatic looks as both shades are kind of darker than usual. I prefer Arctic over Underworld, though. The pairing is quite off-the-wall (silver and garnet) but it looks absolutely stunning in an unusual way.

Belissima... some love it, some hate it. I myself like it a lot, but you have to use something in the vein of Pixie Epoxy to make the golden sparkles stick to your lid. Otherwise, they fly around and cause fallout.

Tzarine is absolutely gorgeous... I'm about NC10 / NARS Siberia and this is probably the most perfect duo I have found for fairer skintones so far. I can't recommend it enough, and can't believe it's so often overlooked in favour of Rajastan.

That's the ones I own that you listed. Others I can't recommend enough are Habanera (perfection!) and Jolie Poupee (if you have green eyes). Kalahari is a must for PPPs IMO. It's a wonderful crease colour or liner and adds just that little definition and depth. Cheyenne and Balthazar are others that have wonderful texture and pigmentation, but they don't suit everyone as they are quite warm.

Hope that helps!

ansimi

What attracts me to a NARS duo is an interesting pair of colours that I will definitely wear together and that I can create a few different looks without using a bunch of other products. They're too expensive (they're made in Canada but we sure don't get a good deal) to buy if you don't really like both shades and won't wear them together.

I'm probably a similar skin tone to you and have blue eyes. My favourites are Habanera and Tzarine because they have special colours that really compliment each other. Habanera would be gorgeous with your colouring!

I use Tokyo and All About Eve a lot because they're very light. I don't use Kalahari very often because both the shades are only good on me as crease shades.

I've got my eye on the holiday duo!

Shadowy Lady

I have a huge weakness for Nars duos and I fin the colour combos brilliant. I've heard that the application is hit and miss but I've never seen a "miss" and now I have 12 duos. I'm glad you got Rajasthan, that is a lovely duo
smiles.gif

Out of the other ones you suggested, I recommend Cordura. It's very versatile and can easily go from day to night. Also, not on your list but Jolie Poupee and Cheyenne look amazing with green or hazel eyes (I have hazel-ish eyes).

HTH
smiles.gif

aibreanx

Thank you so much for replying guys! I have some great new ideas now
smiles.gif

Looks like I'll be blowing all my Optimum points at Murale this week :p

Thanks again!

HOTasFCUK

Yes for Tzarine! And i agree with Habanera as well. And if you ever need a peachy gold duo, try Bohemian Gold. Very pretty!

paopao

I'm a NW20 (NARS Santa Fe), my fav duos are: All About Eve (for highlighting or nude looks), Bellisima, Habanera, Belly Dance (sadly discontinued), Cordura (a must if you like browns) and Misfit.

StarrySim

Yaay for Murale! You know they're having a bonus redemption this week, right? I love spending optimum points on Nars
smiles.gif

Back to business... From your list, all I have is the Kuala Lumpur. I actually JUST used this for the first time today. I was so excited, because it's stunning in the pan. But, it's actually the first time I've ever been disappointed with a NARS duo. No colour payoff, it's just so light. I would skip it for now, there are much better ones. Such as...

Kalahari - this duo is dreamy, really must-have kind of shades. smooth, pigmented, blendable, lovely

Persepolis - if you like bright colours, get this (my murale doesn't carry this shade though). Amazing colour combo, and the quality and pigmentation is second to none.

Caravaggio - exactly the same comment as for Persepolis above

I also looooove the purple side of Violetta, but the other half is blah.

aradhana

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim

I also looooove the purple side of Violetta, but the other half is blah.

That's so funny...I have Violetta as well, which I bought for the taupey (blah) side...and I feel that way about the purple side...

Anyway, I've also been curious for a while to try more NARS shadows, so I will probably go check out some of your other suggestions soon!
yes.gif

ansimi

I love Optimum points! I earn most of them on boring drugstore stuff and then it's so fun to redeem them for high-end cosmetics. I've never been to a Murale but I should get a chance to visit the Vancouver one later this month
smiles.gif

I've considered Violetta a few times but I wasn't convinced by the 'blah' side. I'm hoping the purple in the holiday duo will be beautiful and I'll like the other side too. I think the newer NARS products have been more consistently worthy of their price.

StarrySim

Anyway, I've also been curious for a while to try more NARS shadows, so I will probably go check out some of your other suggestions soon!
yes.gif

LOL. From the sounds of it, you may not want to check out my suggestions, I don't think we have the same taste
smiles.gif

aradhana

i actually went in to murale today and could not recall any of the duo names mentioned on here (except misfit, which the lighter shade looks ashy on me)...so i left with a blush instead!! (torrid)
i think for next time i'm going to take a little list with me....

califabulous

I do not own any nars shadows and I think i want one :) nothing too bright but a go to duo I can wear anytime...I looked at cordura surabya, isolde, star sailor, balthazar,and kalahari and the like. Any other recs or ideas how these colors may look on me? thx!

suenoojos

for duos
u need alahmbra - beautiful shimmery neutral
isolde - is a lovely gilded gold and burnt copper
surabaya - beautiful chestnut browns
brouse - bruisy plummy colors
pandora - best black ull ever find !
mandchourie - smokey denims
kalahari - taupey goodness !!

Yazmin

for duos
u need alahmbra - beautiful shimmery neutral
isolde - is a lovely gilded gold and burnt copper
surabaya - beautiful chestnut browns
brouse - bruisy plummy colors
pandora - best black ull ever find !
mandchourie - smokey denims
kalahari - taupey goodness !!
The bolded are must-haves!

suenoojos

lol i may be a little obessed with bruisy , browny , jewel tone colors haha
surabaya is a must for me !
did u try the new duo ? gorg !

meleftie

My current go to duo is Paramaribo. Wasn't sure about it in photos, but had seen swatches online so ordered. LOVE it!!

Shadowy Lady

I've recently rediscovered Pandora and can't stop using it. Either on its own or combination with other shadows.