Which WOC would make a dope MAC collection?

StyleBlack

If you could choose any WOC (or MOC, I suppose) for a MAC color story, who would you like to see have a collection?

My picks:
Beyonce - based on her body of work, I think she'd make a fun, colorful, versatile, and edgy collection suitable for anybody

Nicki Minaj - I know she's the next Viva Glam rep, but I wish she had a full collection! I see a lot of bright color and inspiring looks for summer

Rihanna - Yes!! Bold, daring, sultry, and youthful looks all the way

J.Lo - for that sexy, signature glowy skin she always has. I think her color story would be super bronzy and beautiful

L281173

If you could choose any WOC (or MOC, I suppose) for a MAC color story, who would you like to see have a collection?

My picks:
Beyonce - based on her body of work, I think she'd make a fun, colorful, versatile, and edgy collection suitable for anybody

Nicki Minaj - I know she's the next Viva Glam rep, but I wish she had a full collection! I see a lot of bright color and inspiring looks for summer

J.Lo - for that sexy, signature glowy skin she always has. I think her color story would be super bronzy and beautiful

I agree with all of the above. To represent Mac, I would think that the artist would have to be someone who is edgy in personality. I would have to say the cast of Real Housewives of Atlanta and Basketball Wives L.A. and Miami. All of those women also embody style and beauty with a trendy edge. Think of Sheree from Real Housewives of Atlanta and Shaunie O'Neal.

sss215

My picks:

No to Beyonce... I feel like she always inspired by others to have her own signature look and products for a MAC collections. From Diana Ross to now Audrey Hepburn, I rarely see anything thing that hasn't been done from her makeup wise.

Nicki M. I feel like you can purchase products she would wear already from MAC or the tons of indy lines already out .

Rihanna... yes ITA

J Lo... again, nothing cutting edge...

Mary J Blige would make a good collection. She's been out for almost 20 years and I feel like she could create a real color story, through all her drama and coming out from it. Patti LaBelle could have a collection as well. She rocked some serious drag in her day!

AnissaJ

This would be my very first post... On this subject I can lurk no longer.

I was thinking Grace Jones. She would be my Daphne Guinness color story equivalent, but much richer. Dark, a little cold, but not cool.

Then on the flip side, I wanted to say Iman because if you veer away from the jewel tones of her line and pulled more from her home country of Somalia, I'd imagine a very Mickey Contractor like collection, but since she already has her own line of makeup that would be kinda redundant.

I'm digging this. I wish for this thread to get bigger *bump* :D

bobbiedoll03

Rihanna's collection would be awesome.

A legendary collection inspired by Diahann Carroll would be amazing. I think her makeup through the years has been impeccable.

Patti Labelle would be great as well.

misha5150

I'm sorry but Beyonce has no sense of style. She can sing and dance but when it comes to trendsetting style, she gets a big yawn and NEXT from me. Solange on the other hand is very stylish and fun and I could see something interesting coming from her.

Rihanna...of course a collection coming from my wifey in my head would rock!! I've seen her rocking MAC lippies in the past. They need to get her in one of their campaigns STAT!!

Nubia136

Rhianna, absolutely!!! I see her rocking Gril About Town for sure (not to mention bright and bold for eyes and nails)! I like the idea of Solange that someone suggested. I love Bey but let MAC go for the not so obvious. Solange has moved to the natural but bold look that she is doing on her own terms..) LUVS That!!. Others.. Tina Turner, hello?? Sanana Lathan, Eva Mendez, Esperanza Spalding, Kenya Moore, Karen Alexander, just to name a few.

StyleBlack

I agree on Grace Jones! I imagine her colour story looking more like Gareth Pugh (minus that dreadful corpse bride lipstick) than Daphne Guiness.

Iman would make a gorgeous, rich collection for sure.

I mos def agree with Solange! I see a quirky, yet easily wearable collection: a neutral pallette punctuated with a few bright shadows and matte lipsticks.

Prettypackages

I totally agree!

I think a black icon collection, featuring ladies who paved the way or open doors in their industries would be nice.

With the recent features I was just thinking MAC needs to step it up with WOC. I think thats why I enjoyed, and bought everything I can with the Mickey contractor collection.

Prettypackages

Since they cant use Iman, the could do an African based theme, and use Jewel tone colors. that would be hot, as long as they were careful about the names they choose.

I have a friend who is always posting Puerto Rican/Mexican Heroines/actresses/activist/singers in her FB profile, many ppl I never knew about and are gorgeous. A theme centered on them would be awesome too.

Latest posts