Which WOC would make a dope MAC collection?

Sexy Sadie

I am not a WOC, but I think MAC should call Amber Rose, Kimora Lee Simmons, Alek Wek and Jill Scott. If Etta James had been in alive and in good health, they should contact her too (RIP).

makeba

i agree with diane carroll, sanaa lathan for a natural beauty approach, rihanna of course,

Ashleybubbles83

glad to see Amber Rose getting some love...she catches a lot of flak for obvious reasons, but lets not leave out the fact that more often than not, her makeup is bangin!

I am not a WOC, but I think MAC should call Amber Rose, Kimora Lee Simmons, Alek Wek and Jill Scott. If Etta James had been in alive and in good health, they should contact her too (RIP).

sss215

I think Nina Sky would make an awesome collabo with MAC! They are beautiful and have a great style.

Sexy Sadie

Frankly I do not understand the hate, ok she likes to drink and party, she is having a good time, that is a part of beeing young, but she is nice and totally flawless in person.

califabulous

Def. Rihanna & Amber Rose , they are not afraid to be unique and eclectic !!!

yaaaasssssss
heart.gif

luvlydee

Amber rose is considered a WOC??? I have no hate towards her. love how she looks and what she wears most of the times. I just hate the way she sounds when she talks.
icon_eek.gif

i think Rihanna would make an awesome collection when it comes to colors. Zoe Saldana and Halle Berry would make nice collections for neutrals and softer looks for WOC

MzBrownBeauty

I believe her mother is black. I like the idea of Grace Jones, Tina Turner, Zoe Saldana, Rhianna, Viola Davis would all make good choices. I don't buy a lot of MAC anymore but would buy collections featuring woc.

Ashleybubbles83

her mom is Cape Verdian and Scottish, her dad is Italian and Irish. The Cape Verdian in her makes her a WOC!

:)

i think Rihanna would make an awesome collection when it comes to colors. Zoe Saldana and Halle Berry would make nice collections for neutrals and softer looks for WOC

luvlydee

I know where her parents are from but when i think about WOC im thinking about someone with color to their skin no matter what race or ethnicity they are. I'm from the Dominican Republic and I'm a WOC, but my friend who is about nc15-nc20 and who is also from the Dominican Republic I dont consider her a WOC.

Am i missing the definition of WOC i think im buggin out then lol Without makeup Amber Roses skin is like white

p.s. i am thinkin that the term WOC in beauty is different from WOC in terms of whites and non-whites in history. Because in that case if WOC in the beauty sense can range from nc/nw15 all the way up to the high nc/nw50s then whats the point of promoting makeup as "looking good on a WOC" because very light skinned would be considered WOC

sss215

I know where her parents are from but when i think about WOC im thinking about someone with color to their skin no matter what race or ethnicity they are.  I'm from the  Dominican Republic and I'm a WOC, but my friend who is about nc15-nc20 and who is also from the Dominican Republic I dont consider her a WOC.

Am i missing the definition of WOC i think im buggin out then lol  Without makeup Amber Roses skin is like white

p.s. i am thinkin that the term WOC in beauty is different from WOC in terms of whites and non-whites in history.  Because in that case if WOC in the beauty sense can range from nc/nw15 all the way up to the high nc/nw50s then whats the point of  promoting makeup as "looking good on a WOC" because very light skinned would be considered WOC 

I see what you are saying and I do agree, but I think when talking about WOC, you also have to take in consideration that no matter where you fall in skin color spectrum you are on, our skin may have discoloration issues/hyper pigmentation that is different than those who do not genetically have melanin in their skin. Even a lighter black person, like Amber can be prone to dark marks and dark circles, that are gray in color and will require a corrector geared towards WOC to correct. Most of us also tend to have darker hair, variations in lip color and darker eyes naturally, so I believe lines and collections catered towards WOC tend to feature colors that will enhance our features outside of just skin color. We can wear what we want though... Diana Ross's collection was so perfect because it featured a neutral/cool shadow quad and a cool shadow quad. The blushes and lip products were amazing and none of it seemed to be the traditional back in the day black women makeup to me. It was so fresh and modern! I would have hauled so much more if I was really into heavy makeup at that time.

sheer splendor

Ditto on the Grace Jones but I'd like to add Josephine Baker and of course RuPaul. Yes she was the original MAC Viva Glam cover girl but also her makeup is flawless, that face is always BEAT and her outfits and persona are over the top! I love a good queen!