Who gives in first during arguments?

LMD84

generally if i know i'm in the wrong then i will appologise first. however even if there is 1% when i think i'm justified to be pissed then he makes the first move. but we never sleep on an argument. it always gets sorted somehow.

YvetteJeannine

It takes a lot to get me angry. But when I do reach that point, I like to leave and be by myself. This includes going on a long walk, or taking a drive. Last week, my husband an I had an argument (both of us were exhausted, and I was very moody), and my sister was out of town, so I started packing a bag to go stay at her apartment for the night...My husband stopped me and told me "I don't want you to go because I love you." Then he apologized (and we ended up in the bedroom
blush-anim-cl.gif
). He's usually the first to say he's sorry...or, he'll hug me or something. I think because he can't stand it when I leave, and he doesn't want me to go. Also, even if he's really mad, he doesn't ever stay mad long. I will stay angry a LOT longer than he will. Usually, he'll grab me and hold me. Sometimes I don't like that, because, like I said, when I am angry I like to get away for a while and be by myself. My husband is the exact opposite..he needs to be with me after an argument, and I think he needs to know I still love him, etc. So, to finally make my point, HE usually ends up apologizing first...By the way, though...if it's ME that's in the wrong (which, of *course* is not often
winks.gif
) I WILL say I'm sorry to him.

pinkvanilla

I'm always the one to give in first! We don't fight often or anything, when we do it's usually because I'm just having a girly time
winks.gif
But he won't do it first because either he strongly believes his argument, or if he does realise he is in the wrong then he will be too "scared" to come say sorry to me
th_LMAO.gif
which I don't understand, WTH does he think I am going to do?!?!?!

wittynickname

He does.

I am an alpha, he is beta. Unfortunately his apologies aren't the same as an unconditional surrender. Apologizing doesn't mean much if it is done for tactical reasons. He could apologize for annoying me, but somehow find another way to annoy me. When I broach the subject, he may proclaim his innocence.

Luckily most arguments are unimportant, and it's usually my stubborn pride going against his pragmatic desire to compromise and keep the peace.

finchkittie

He does. I'll admit, I'm VERY stubborn when it comes to arguments. I have a hard time backing down when I think I'm right.
When I'm wrong, I can admit it, even though I don't like to. But again, if I think I'm right, it's a very tough thing for me to give in.