Who's getting Naked2???

MissTiffany2U

I'm sure you all have seen the swatches and blog posts of Urban Decay's new Naked2 palette. What do you ladies think? It's back in stock and I ordered this morning... I do have the original palette but I am a sucker for neutrals, so I couldn't resist. Also, if you sign up to be put on their email list, you get a 10% off coupon code. (Hey, $5 is $5. LOL)...

Will any of you be getting Naked2?

PixieDancer

I awaits this one, because I have read a rumour about a matte palette from UD.
Are you serious!? That was my major complaint with these 2 palettes! Not enough mattes! I even tried to fill the void by asking for the Too Faced Matte Palette for Christmas. Oh well, guess UD will get more of my money if they do come out with a matte palette. It's definitely long overdue in their eyeshadow lineup. Thanks for the heads up!

Sexy Sadie

Of Course I am serious darling. It is rumoured spring 2012.

Are you serious!? That was my major complaint with these 2 palettes! Not enough mattes! I even tried to fill the void by asking for the Too Faced Matte Palette for Christmas. Oh well, guess UD will get more of my money if they do come out with a matte palette. It's definitely long overdue in their eyeshadow lineup. Thanks for the heads up!

PixieDancer

Very excited to see UD add some mattes to their color palette... Definitely long over-due! ... I will be watching & waiting!
Until then, I am going for the Too Faced Matte Palette. It swatched very nicely for me and that should tied me over until this new palette in the spring.
Thanks for all the help & info Sexy Sadie!

MissTiffany2U

A UD matte palette would be interesting, looking forward to that. @PixieDancer did you get the Too Faced matte palette? How is working out for you?

PixieDancer

Haven't used it yet. Asked for it for Xmas... so I have to wait for "Santa" to bring it. But it swatched really well for me! Looking forward to using it.

A UD matte palette would be interesting, looking forward to that. @PixieDancer did you get the Too Faced matte palette? How is working out for you?

califabulous

it looks beautiful but I am going to pass for now...but if a matte palette comes out...it's mine.... I will not wait like I did with Naked 1. I'll jump on this!!

MissTiffany2U

My palette just arrived this morning! I can't wait to use it... I'm not all that crazy about matte shadows but I feel like I should be. (LOL) I have a few matte shadows but I'm not sure if I would use an entire palette full of them. Why do you ladies prefer mattes to shimmers?

califabulous

My palette just arrived this morning! I can't wait to use it... I'm not all that crazy about matte shadows but I feel like I should be. (LOL) I have a few matte shadows but I'm not sure if I would use an entire palette full of them. Why do you ladies prefer mattes to shimmers?

Well I have a lot of shimmery shadows...and I love them...but I don't have many matte...I love naked 1 so much i would love to have its counterpart in matte shades....I really like that look, esp for work. Let us know how you love naked2!

PixieDancer

Mattes are something I am reaching for more & more. When I see EOTD's, matte looks just appear more classic and sophisticated. The matte formula/ texture is usually more flattering to older eyes, as shimmers seem to accent and bring out fine lines. So I just associate matte shadows now with a classic, chic look. It's more day / office appropriate, whereas our shimmers are what we grab for nightlooks. And I think it's always best to balance a shimmery shade with a matte shadow. For example, if I do a shimmery lid color, I almost always go for a matte shadow in the crease to warm it up and balance it out. Too much shimmer for me is just too IN YOUR FACE! Mattes do take patience, as they usually need to be applied lightly and build up and blend like crazy. But once you work with them for awhile, you'll find you like they way they look. Most people learn (and stick) with shimmery shadows because they are easier to blend than mattes. Hope this over-explanation helps! HeeHee

MissTiffany2U

Ok. I absolutely agree... I do prefer shimmers but I ALWAYS blend out my crease with a matte. I also agree with the fact that some mattes can be hard to work with, I guess that's why I just stick to the 5 or so matte shades that I have. Thank you for the explanation, Miss PixieDancer... I will be looking into more mattes.
amuse.gif

afulton

I have the original Naked and really want this one too. After seeing reviews, (both positive and negative) its been hard. On two occasions, I went to the website to buy it but didn't do it. Now it's sold out again! I am thinking that when it becomes available, I will get it this time.

I recently fell in love with Naked 1 after owning it for over a year. For the longest time, it just sat and collected dust.

PixieDancer

This is sort of getting ridiculous! I already got my Naked2 Plaette. But, you're NOT going to tell me they couldn't make enough of these to go around! They KNEW the hype with Naked 1 and built up the hype for Naked2. So the "out of stock" in mere minutes is insulting. They are just trying to keep the marketing and buzz surrounding the product. They could VERY EASILY make enough to meet demand! It's the Holidays UD, give your customers a break!