Why No Matte2 Love?

vixo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
They are? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry.gif

This is really sad, I'm also a fan of matte2 eyeshadows !

Wonder why they decided to descontinue them ....
th_confused_new.gif
thmbdn.gif

User38

so they can bring them back in some other packaging, some other edition, and raise the price
greengrin.gif

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
so they can bring them back in some other packaging, some other edition, and raise the price
greengrin.gif

Hm, well, not ALL the LE edition things are priced higher...and prices will go up anyway, no matter what, b/c of inflation...
th_dunno.gif

elementaire

I just purchased Graphology, Prussian and Post Haste. I'm not quite sure how to use Post Haste. Any suggestions?

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementaire
I just purchased Graphology, Prussian and Post Haste. I'm not quite sure how to use Post Haste. Any suggestions?

I have a hard time with Post Haste too. I like it as a crease color though!

GlamQueen21

Today I got both Newly Minted and Graphology Matte2 e/s!! They are awesome! I can't wait to get Clarity tomorrow!

GlamQueen21

Blanc Type is not going anywhere. It's not in the Goodbyes section and it better not be since everyone on here own that color. I might have to get that as well as Copperplate, Fig. 1, and Typographic. I'm in search for Poisen Pen e/s! I want that color!

EDIT://
I got Clarity e/s in pan form and it arrived DAMAGED!!!! I have never recieved items that were damaged and I'm so mad right now!

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Blanc Type is not going anywhere. It's not in the Goodbyes section and it better not be since everyone on here own that color. I might have to get that as well as Copperplate, Fig. 1, and Typographic. I'm in search for Poisen Pen e/s! I want that color!

EDIT://
I got Clarity e/s in pan form and it arrived DAMAGED!!!! I have never recieved items that were damaged and I'm so mad right now!

Oh no! RIP Clarity!
cry.gif

Can you ask for a new one?

Nepenthe

Matte2 is my favourite finish, and I was so disappointed when I saw that they were starting to phase out the fun colours.
nonono.gif

Since then I've been picking them up as I've seen them available in stores or online. I just need Brown Script, Flourishing, Newly Minted and Prussian. I have heard that Newly Minted is hard to work with though, anyone experience that?

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe

Since then I've been picking them up as I've seen them available in stores or online. I just need Brown Script, Flourishing, Newly Minted and Prussian. I have heard that Newly Minted is hard to work with though, anyone experience that?

I love all matte 2's but I hated Newly Minted
yucky.gif
. I returned mine and I never return products

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Oh no! RIP Clarity!
cry.gif

Can you ask for a new one?

I e-mailed them right away and they told me they'll send me a new one. Also, they e-mailed me that my order is a backorder. So, I ordered Clarity in pot form instead.

ladyJ

I hope you get your new one soon! I hate when I get things that are damaged esp. if I've been waiting for it lolz

GlamQueen21

^Thanks! I hope I do get another one in pan form since it's now disappeared from the site. This is the first time that happend to me.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
Matte2 is my favourite finish, and I was so disappointed when I saw that they were starting to phase out the fun colours.
nonono.gif

yes do not bother with newly minted! it sucks!! i was really shocked it was a matte2! i thought it was a normal matte because it sucked so bad! you can't blend it because it actually comes off! horrible fall out and it is stupidly chalky! such a pretty looking colour so it really is a shame!

kayley123

Hey...I've a question for everybody here, since we all like the matte2 shadows...how does the starflash finish compare? Texture, application, color payoff/pigmentation, etc.?

GlamQueen21

The Starflash eyeshadows have a smoother and softer application while the Matte2 eyeshadows have a more pigmented finish than regular Matte eyeshadows.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
Hey...I've a question for everybody here, since we all like the matte2 shadows...how does the starflash finish compare? Texture, application, color payoff/pigmentation, etc.?

well, I actually prefer Matte 2's over Starflash. I think Matte 2's (with the exception of Newly Minted) are much more pigmented and last on lids much longer. It might be easier to blend the Starflash if you're a starter though.

HTH
smiles.gif

kabuki_KILLER

I want a Gesso in Matte2. ^_^ I like how this white is semi-translucent. It's more versatile this way, but may prove a challenge in Matte2 formulation.

I own 3 Matte2 eyeshadows and I plan to get Blanc Type once I'm out of something else I have that's so similar (which may be a looooong time since that eyeshadow is huge). Unfortunately, I noticed that the Matte2 eyeshadows are a little more delicate than the old formulation. Maybe just not packed tight enough?