WOC and False Eyelashes

na_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitts
I was thinking I would do the same. Curl the falsies which means I have a bit of a wait before I can really play. I live Barbados and I refuse to buy anything here. Stuff is too expensive, so I will have to wait until I travel which is not until January. Blah! Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Yay!! Another bajan
yahoo.gif

All I need is a little mascara and my lashes are good (they are long but thin), I tried false lashes and could not get them to blend well at all and I tired every trick I could

y'll bajans are taking over !!!!

lol just kidding - i think moods and options have falsies for a good price though

MACaholic76

I had a customer with the prettiest curliest lashes I'd ever seen and she wanted lashes for her super fun night she had planned. Well, putting the #7s on her was a pain and they looked so weird! I then went for the outer corner lashes, which looked much more natural and just elongated her natural curly lashes. These looked gorgeous!!!
My suggestion is for anyone with super curly lashes to try individuals or just the outer corner ones. They will look more natural and super fab!
Oh, and adding...I dont recommend putting mascara on falsies if you plan on reusing them.

gitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
red cherry lashes are da bomb!

Girl, I plan to buy me some of these. Now a quick update. I was going out on the town this past weekend and desperately wanted to try the falsies. So I put on my Ardell Lashes. I could see my lashes underneath them slightly as I could not get the two to blend at all. But, damn those lashes looked good. I thought it is dark in the club anyway so noone will see and I was off. I am now officially in love.

Ziya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
I love wearing falsies now and then. I cut them in the inner corner part so it doesn't irritate my eyes. I kinda wrap it adound the end of a makeup brush to make it much more curvier. Then apply the glue on it, but wait for a minute so the glue is really thick and sticky (if you put them on straight away the glue may be a bit runny. I gently place them in position and voila!

All it takes is practice, so buy some inexpensive ones to start with and then when you get the hang of it, buy better quality ones. I'm waiting for 4 pairs of red cherry to come through the post yay!

I LOVE RED CHERRY!
greengrin.gif
Which ones did you get?
yahoo.gif

jo2syd

Quote:
Originally Posted by purelyfabulous
have you tried individuals???

Individual lashes are great. The ones I use are from Sally's- can't remember the brand. They stay on for a minute which is great . I can sleep, shower, and remove makeup with them not coming off. You just have to be gentle and paitient taking them off with the remover or you will pull your natural lashes out. Putting them on is pretty easy too.

ms. kendra

My lashes are short and curly too. Putting a half strip of lashes to my outer edge works best.
I have tried individuals and it always looks like spiders are having a picnic on my eyes.....lol.

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitts
Hi Guys,

I would love to know your false eye lashes experience. I have bought a couple but I find the lashes do not blend seamlessly with my lashes. My lashes are very curly and the falsies are very straight. You can see the difference clearly. Well at least I can. What should I do? I really would like to master this look.

Looking forward to your input.

Hey check out this link

www.eeyelash.com

I buy these UNDERS and use them on clients with curly lashes. They are a bit shorter than top lashes, but because they are UNDERS - they have the right amount of curl to work nicely for you. Prices are reasonable as well.

Look at the whole site, they have great lashes!

HTH!
yes.gif

joshari

I am going to have to try some of the suggestions here. I love the look of false lashes, but have yet to even master putting them on. I am such a dipshit when it comes to applying them.

I think some practice is in order. Lots and lots of practice cause nothing is worse than having your makeup look flawless, and screwing everything up because you can't put your lashes on.