WOC: Art Supplies

she

blame my mind and not my heart if this has already been covered, but is anyone grabbing any of the upcoming art supplies collection? a mua swatched me with the pearlglide liners and two of the lip markers about two weeks ago and i want them all:

please ignore the poor quality of the iPhone pic, my skin is nc50ish. the two random splotches in the left corner are lip markers.

designer purple is my must have and almost noir is sooo pretty, i don't think there are any purple liners in the perm line. i'd say the standout is undercurrent (blue teal)- it's almost dazzling! i think they have great lasting ability- i had to try a bit to remove them. i've not used the greasepaint sticks before but the mua says i will love them- i'm eyeing slick black.

thoughts? must haves? anyone have any experience with greasepaint sticks (didn't have time for a tutorial when i was at the store)?

mrslovejoy

I ordered 4 of the GPs (slick black, dirty, zinc zone and below ground). I only ordered one pearlglide (undercurrent), but from your swatches, I may have to order more.

Ashleybubbles83

definitely picking up petrol blue, black line, designer purple, and almost noir pearlglides, and brown now and below ground greasesticks.

haven't heard great reviews of the lipstain markers...so passing on those.

miamialli

I just bought 4 gps in slick black- 2 for me and 2 for my bf's b-day gift. i bought the one from the style black collection at the mua's suggestion- and was soooo sad when i couldn't find them anywhere. so glad to be able to stock up. i'm waiting to try the colors in store tho....

colorluvv

I like all of the pearlglides, especially undercurrent and designer purple. I am still on the fence about the gps; I am planning to get one. No lipstains for me.

bumblebees24

I agree with getting all the Pearlglide Liners. They are great! The GPS are nice as well but not as vibrant/glittery as the PGL. I am in love with Greengrease and Below Ground GPS. The swatches are up in the swatch section in forum if you haven't had a chance to check them out. I also have each liner on the lid for reference in my blog. This has got to be one of the most exciting releases for me!!!

Snootus0722

I checked them out today. I believe I'm in love with brown now...it smears to a deep brownish purple kinda like teddy on steroids. I must have it, I would have got it today but the MA was clearly overwhelmed.
ssad.gif

2browneyes

I tried to stay away but I couldn't help it. I walked in to the local MAC and almost drooled over all the PG liners. Can't live without Undercurrent! Gotta pick it up on my way home.

Face2Mac

I can't do the PG because of the glitter and I wear contacts, glitter and me are on the outs.

But I am interested in the Dirty. Reminds me of Satin Taupe, Sweet Sienna (?) or Mauvement. So pretty.

misha5150

Yes, the pearlglides are super pretty and apply like butta! I picked up Slick Black and Undercurrent and plan on going to get Zinc Zone this weekend if they still have it. I have Fly By Blue and Rave so I didn't get the dark purple and blue p/g's. I thought Undercurrent was the most unique out of the bunch and plus its TEAL with SHIMMER!!! Loves it!!

bumblebees24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I can't do the PG because of the glitter and I wear contacts, glitter and me are on the outs.

But I am interested in the Dirty. Reminds me of Satin Taupe, Sweet Sienna (?) or Mauvement. So pretty.

oh no! I wear contacts too but haven't had any trouble with the PG. Do you use them on waterline?

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebees24
oh no! I wear contacts too but haven't had any trouble with the PG. Do you use them on waterline?

No. But no matter what I do I get glitter in my eyes somehow, I have Black Russian and it iritates. It is useless to me, ooh, I should swap (never done it, that was idea that popped into my head, has no bearing to the convo, carry on)

lojical1

Is charred mauve anything like the violet gps from the style black collection? I missed out on getting it that time around and wondering if this is my chance for redemption
choochoo.gif

IvyTrini

I just ordered Zinc Zone and Below Ground GPS but stayed away from the PG liners because they are not safe for the waterline. I'll stick to using stuff from MUFE.

Blushbaby

I didn't get anything. I might go back next week and get a couple of PG though. I def don't want any GPS as I've barely touched the ones I bought from Style Black!

Miss Virtue

I didn't pick up anything, but now I'm thinking I want Zinc Zone and Greengrease GPS as for the marker pens 1. I'm not a fan of stains and 2. there's something about using a marker that just screams primary school to me!
th_dunno.gif

But who knows! I quite like the idea of wearing a stain to intensify a lustre lipstick let's say!
001_unsure.gif