WOC - Benefit

TheTeenageMuse

I've heard so many good things about this brand but I find them HIGHLY overrated. Everytime I go into Sephora to swatch something (usually a box powder or high beam etc.) It ends up looking horribly ashy chalky or it simply doesn't show up at all. Have you ladies found anything you like, because I really want to love Benefit!
ssad.gif

nunu

I adore the cream eyeshadows! Perfect on their own and under powder eyeshadows. I have flatter me, bunny hop, strut and skinny jeans. I also love moonbeam highlighter, highbrow and Dallas blush.

jazmatazz

It took me awhile to take the plunge to buy something from Benefit but they had a great set at Sephora that I couldn't pass up once so I finally got some stuff.

Here are the items I like:

Highbeam (liquid highlighter): Lately I've been really into mixing this into my foundation to add some dewiness to my skin. I do not like the nail polish applicator and something like strobe cream/liquid could probably give you similar results but it's a nice product.

Hoola (bronzer): This is a super finely milled matte bronzer. For me the best part is that it is matte which makes it great to contour with (doesn't look to obvious). I really like this. The box is fun but not good for travel.

Creaseless cream shadow in RSVP: A shimmery champagne like color. I really like this. It is perfect for those days I'm in a rush but still want to look nice. I add this all over the lid and then add a crease color and I'm ready to go. I am definitely going to pick up more of this in the future (probably skinny jeans and strut next).

aziajs

I'd say try the lip products. I have one of the new lipglosses & lipsticks and I'm happy with them. However the blush, bronzer, foundation and cream shadows were a miss for me.

laulovesbilly

I only have two things from Benefit the Bad Gal Pencil and their pressed powder Get Even in #03 Dark. I paid $30 for it and have uses it a handful of times in the dead of winter when I'm at my palest. It is way too yellow for my skin. Definitely overrated.

nunu

The badgal mascara is comparable to Dior show. I actually prefer badgal to diorshow because there is less clumping.

vintageroses

Ooooh I love benefit!

Hoola - really good for light contouring!

Moon beam - really gives you an awesome glow to your skin, mix it with foundation or use it after your blush

Browzing in medium - perfect for my brows! take abit more time when compared to a pencil but i dig this!

Bad gal mascara - it is really really natural looking!
smiles.gif

Coralista - a really universally flattering coral-ly colour

Hope this helps you abit!
th_DANCE.gif

Inamorata

Coralista is one of my favourites! Try Posietint also - works wonderfully as both a blush and a lipstain
smiles.gif

BadBadGirl

I love Maybe Baby perfume! I've never tried any of the other products even though BadGal mascara was at the top of my want list for a while.

doomkitteh

I got the celebutante box and really like it. I also like Georgia as a face powder, bad gal mascara and benetint lipbalm.

sss215

A long time ago, benefit has some beautiful lip colors. similar to what is being offered in fab felines and I adored them. i brought multiples of them often. and once they discontinued them, their lipstick selection hasn't been the same since. i haven't really brought anything from them since.

i think their powders in a box are cute, but i can never really commit to anything.

gabi03

i have their Bad Gal Mascara and its fab. But my general feeling about Benefit is that they are not WOC friendly...

jazmatazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
The ladies at the counter are SOOO nice, but unfortunately, no. The products aren't friendly to darker skin...

Many of their products aren't unfortunately. The powder foundations, concealers etc don't have a good range at all. I'm shocked such a major brand sold in department stores has such a limited shade range. Benefit also started out of San Francisco which is such a diverse city you would think they'd want to create makeup for all different skintones.

I'd love to see them branch out. Sephora often has nice sets or beauty minis from them I like, but there is always at least one product I can't wear out of the bunch which is a bummer.

doomkitteh

Oh moon beam! It's awesome. Maybe their face stuff isn't woc friendly, but I think their eyeshadows and lip stuff is well pigmented.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmatazz
Many of their products aren't unfortunately. The powder foundations, concealers etc don't have a good range at all. I'm shocked such a major brand sold in department stores has such a limited shade range. Benefit also started out of San Francisco which is such a diverse city you would think they'd want to create makeup for all different skintones.

I'd love to see them branch out. Sephora often has nice sets or beauty minis from them I like, but there is always at least one product I can't wear out of the bunch which is a bummer.

they used to have a range of WOC friendly colors years ago. I used to buy from them often. don't know why they changed up

thiscarmen

The cream shadows are amazing! I use Tattle Tale (think MAC Nylon in a cream shadow form) as a base for my eyeshadows and it stays on all day. I love it.

Posietint is also a really pretty pink gel stain too!

I've tried a ton of Benefit products, and honestly the brand on the whole is really a hit-or-miss. They're marketed more for people in a hurry or multi-purpose products....with cute (but sometimes impractical) packaging.

Sass

I tried some of the Posie Tint that came in my 500 perk gift from Sephora and it doesn't show on my skin. Oh well. Tossing.

I have the brown highlight pencil...can't remember the name and I like that.

I like everything else in the perk gift including the creaseless eyeshadow. Didn't try the primer yet.

Latest posts