WoC - Can we pull of a vampire look? (ie. Twilight..)

Rudyru

Not exactly a WOC (or woman for that matter, but w/e xD) but through my thorough research of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles series as the vampires "age," their skin begins to crystalize, like they begin to transform into something more statuesque. So maybe you can try highlighting like crazy. Not enough that you look like plastic, but kind of like how light reflects from a piece of glass. Or rather...you're illuminated rather than glowing. If that makes sense. lol

doomkitteh

Hah, that's where I get my bronzey vampire look from. Them Anne Rice vampires are always gleaming like polished wood or somethin, come to think of it, I think even her non-vampiric WOC do that (rf. The Feast of All Saints).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyru
Not exactly a WOC (or woman for that matter, but w/e xD) but through my thorough research of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles series as the vampires "age," their skin begins to crystalize, like they begin to transform into something more statuesque. So maybe you can try highlighting like crazy. Not enough that you look like plastic, but kind of like how light reflects from a piece of glass. Or rather...you're illuminated rather than glowing. If that makes sense. lol

JustSloan

Farther into the series, when there's a sort of "Gathering" of many other vampires, there are more people of colour! I believe the second or third book.. ( I haven't re-read them in a while)

But yes, we can totally pull off a "goth" look without being pasty/ashy looking
smiles.gif
Someone mentioned Queen of the Damned. And that's where I automatically go when someone mentions a "Vamp of Colour" Aaliyah's skin was just.. glowing.. very very sexy. without looking chalky.

S.S.BlackOrchid

Matte skin makes a huge difference. I'm NC42 and I don't go lighter, but I keep my face powdered and my brows dramatic black and I use a highlighter (one that's not glittery or shimmery) on my cheeks and down my nose when I want to look Vampire-like.

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khymeira
You're damn right we can!

khykhylaaal.jpg

kkk.jpg

Haha, pardon my tranny vibes! It can't be helped with my awful bone structure! Lol!

To me, the vampy look is not necessarily epitomized by that pale skin. If that were the case, chances are, death would bring the darker complexion into icky shades of grey. And who wants that?

Nonetheless, I've always been heavily intrigued by the alternative scene. As Mehrunissa said, it's about personal, ethnic interpretation.

That looks so hot and amazing.

spectrolite

Quote:

khykhylaaal.jpg

kkk.jpg

You are seriously just drop dead beautiful! Wowwww. >_<

Lapis

Quote:

khykhylaaal.jpg

kkk.jpg

Haha, pardon my tranny vibes! It can't be helped with my awful bone structure! Lol!

To me, the vampy look is not necessarily epitomized by that pale skin. If that were the case, chances are, death would bring the darker complexion into icky shades of grey. And who wants that?

Nonetheless, I've always been heavily intrigued by the alternative scene. As Mehrunissa said, it's about personal, ethnic interpretation.

You are lovely!!

As someone said Aaliyah in the queen of the damned, LA Banks has the vampire huntress series
Damali has only had artist renditions but I think it's a pretty sexy dark look
damali_web.jpg

Personally if I'm going for a dark/goth look, I'm going for perfect skin a airbrushed look, super smokey eye, red/black lip (I'll link a petrilude look with a similar lip), nothing on the cheeks, since I'd usually be pairing it with a corset or leather, that's enough for me

lips at 10 mins
YouTube - Seven Deadly Sins: Lust.

user79

You can still do gothic/vamp makeup without having pale skin, gothic makeup is more than just having pale white skin. If you're darker skinned that type of skintone will not be achievable and probably would look bad, but you can focus on other elements of gothic makeup, like the dark eye makeup, artistic eyeliner, and blood red lips.

MacVirgin

Quote:

khykhylaaal.jpg

kkk.jpg

Wow Khymeira!!! i love this!
shockt.gif

pheonix phire

i think when it comes to the vampire thing..for a white person to pull it off..they make their skin look pale and pure..very porcelain doll like..but for the AA vampire..its the opposite..to make our skin look pure and beautiful we have to add color because makin us pale will just make us look dead..vampires generally dont look dead..they look transcended..for us we would use peachy, gold, and bronze colors on the face, smokey eyes, very deep red lips..things like that..what ever it takes to make our skin look pure and untouched..thats prolly why for white vamps they make them pale..cuz they start off pale..they tan to get darker but they start off beautiful and pale..i personally like that look on white people cuz i think it looks more natural.

Arisone

I wish this the vampire look was a challenge. I would love to see the looks the WOC on this site will come up with.

Diva009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisone
I wish this the vampire look was a challenge. I would love to see the looks the WOC on this site will come up with.

yes! that would be an awesome challenge. I'd totally take part.
yes.gif

LatteQueen

I have to say u have gorgeous teeth..
I was watching your video...

is that you in both pics? if so, HOT DAYUM....