WOC - Grand Duos

spectrolite

Well after work I ventured into the city to have a closer look at the new Grand Duo's. I was pretty excited about it all day and I practically ran to the MAC counter. Okay now - ladies don't over look these blushes. They are comparable to Nars IMO. Very pigmented, smooth and buttery texture, and the melange side is not chunky glitter at all. It's kind of like the loose Beauty Powders in pressed form and is very finely milled.

I ended up with Grand Duo and Hot Planet. Grand Duo is a gorgeous raspberry pink and Hot Planet is a warm coral orange. Intenso was also gorgeous and lives up to it's name! It's a really intense red/orange. Moon River and Love Rock were very pretty too but maybe more suited to girls with cool, fair skin. They were quite frosty/ashy on my NW45 skin. I didn't really get to play with the other two, Earth to Earth and Light Over Dark as they were in use. I'm really happy with my two purchases and will get swatches up as soon as I get those batteries :x

ashpardesi

Thanks spectrolite!..I have been waiting for months for this collection!!!I am def gettin love rock,intenso,grand duo and hot planet..the intial swatches that were posted was very sheer,but the recent swatches are really gorgeous..cant wait!

zerin

I have just seen many pics of the grand duos. I'm loving Intenso, Love Rock, Grand Duo, Moonstone and maybe...Hot Planet lol....I want them all!!! I heard these are perm?? Not sure... =S

It's suppose to release on the 12th this month in North America...I wonder if my pro store has it out already (sometimes they do) lol....I'm gonna call them tomorrow before I head out.
greengrin.gif

LatinaRose

Pass for me too. They're pretty and all, but not must have IMO. I'd rather have more Dazzleglass and Style Warriors.

IvyTrini

I bought only one blush-so far! I got Grand Duo which is gorgeous!! The mono side is plum with a gold shimmer and the melange side has light pink/dark pink/dark bronze veining. The shimmer is not large and chunky at all and provides a thin veil of shimmer. The blush is very finely milled. I think I also like Light to Dark (on me it looks more like a bronzer). Hot Planet is also really interesting, may have to get that one too!
I'm NW 45

miss_primer

I am passing on this collection. If the blushes are anything like the mineralize blushes from Sonic Chic Collection, they really wont have any staying power.

TheWorldsDresse

I'm passing on this collection too. As much as I love mineralized skinfinishes, that's how much I unlove mineralized blushes. After seeing swatches, there's nothing for me.

zerin

I bought Love Rock and noticed if I put too much it will ends up looking too frosty ashy =S (in pics) .....all of them are super pigmented and very shimmery!....so I'd have to apply it with an angle blush / 188 brush and buff it out and not put too much.

I would definitely recommend Hot Planet (a pinky plum shade: this one's my fave), Grand Duo (solid side reminds me of Nars Crazed blush), Intenso (solid side is a bit similar to Mac Merrily blush) , and Earth to Earth ....I LOVE ThESE!

I love the ones that have the gold marblelized sides.

kyuubified

I like the look of Love Rock, and Moon River, which are very pretty, but I'm afraid they won't show up or look good on yellow toned skin. I'll probably have to see them in person, first. If all else fails, I'm probably going to get Intenso, which looks AMAZING.

shaista1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerin
I bought Love Rock and noticed if I put too much it will ends up looking too frosty ashy =S (in pics) .....all of them are super pigmented and very shimmery!....so I'd have to apply it with an angle blush / 188 brush and buff it out and not put too much.

I would definitely recommend Hot Planet (a more pinkier version of Nars Sin Blush : this one's my fave), Grand Duo (solid side reminds me of Nars Crazed blush), Intenso (solid side is a bit similar to Mac Merrily blush) , and Earth to Earth ....I LOVE ThESE!

I love the ones that have the gold marblelized sides.

do you not like the golden glow light over dark gives? is there another better one u think for the golden glow?

seymone25

Let's see.. I bought intenso, hot planet, and light over dark.. I will probably go back for Grand Duo

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinMyMAC
By looking at the pics, this looks like another collection that I'll pass on. I could change my mind when I see it in person though.

Ditto. We'll see.

MissResha

i just bought Grand Duo and Hot Planet. I will post them on my face as soon as they arrive. they look gorgeous.

sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
$22?!!! Good lawd that's a lotta money!!!! I take back what I said earlier LOL

For those that can buy at Macy's, I don't know if it applies to all stores but I bought a few of the grand duos at my Macy's today and they were giving $10 rewards for every $50 you spend storewide all weekend. Plus mine rang up for $21 for some reason
thmbup.gif
. HTH

allThingsGirl

I checked these out today. I came home with Moon River -- but I'm still on the fence as to whether or not this was a good purchase. Here's what I thought of them:

I'm NC40. Asian. Yellow undertones. Black/Brown eyes and hair.

Moon River - I missed out on Lightscapade for I wanted this one just for the swirly side. The very sweet MA went to find one for me that had more of the swirly side for me! Anyway, on me, the color is very light. I *think* it is lighter than Dainty on me actually. I prefer Dainty rather that this one for blush but honestly, I find Dainty a bit too light too so I'll probably try and swap that now. The marbled side is a whitish neutral sheen on me -- if I remember trying on Lightscapade before, Lightscapade showed up more silvery cool on me.

Light over Dark - This one was very pretty! I didn't try this one on, just swatched on my hand. I wasn't really looking for a bronzer/highlighter but it's a great combo if you need one. I prefer my Metal Rock MSF and Shooting Star MSF. However, having the highlighter in there makes it a nice package. I would have bought this if I didn't have those other bronzing MSFs.

Intenso - I liked this one but when I tried it on, it looked alot like Gleeful and Merrily on me. If you don't have either of those, you should consider this. It's very pretty "intense" rose. The MA put way too much on at first because he didn't realize it was so pigmented. I passed on this because I had Merrily.

Earth to Earth - I wanted to like this one...but I just didn't in person. The blush side doesn't do much for me when I tried it on, it shimmers and sparkles, but the color is pretty close to my skintone and it's kinda flat and boring. The purple marble side was really pretty on my hand but when we put it on my cheek, it just looked muddy and messy with the blush side.
ssad.gif
I passed on this.

Grand Duo - This one was super gorgeous! But also super similar to Love Thing, which I had. If you don't have Love Thing, you should get this one! I liked the highlighting side too. I didn't both trying this one on.

Love Rock - This was another one that I wanted to love...but when I tried it on my face, it looked really ashy and fake and not good. The pink just didn't blend well with my skin and skintone and I love pinks! The MA even said it didn't really work for me and steered me away from it.
ssad.gif

Hot Planet - This was so weird, the blush color looked purple plum in the pan but then when it was on my hand, it came out more deep rose. I didn't actually think this one was super unique, so I passed on this too.

Overall, alot of them are similar to the Sonic Chic ones and aren't that unique in my opinion. However, if you are looking for a certain color to round out your collection they are worth getting. My pics would be Grand Duo, Intenso, and Light Over Dark for anyone my skin tone.

As a bonus, the MA showed me what he had in testers in Sugar Sweet!! We tried on both MSFs and I love them both! They are pretty sheer, but it was a nice glow. Perfect topping is a bit cooler and Refined warmer -- but super super sheer. Bubbles lipstick is really pretty! I don't know if I'd wear it alone but he suggested mixing it in with other lipsticks. The lipglosses were really pretty in person but I didn't try them on. Swatched some of the shade sticks -- the cream one is pretty! Dear Cupcake seems like a hard color to wear, pigment, but seems like it would sit on top of your skin. Sugarshot was a nice cream with slight sparkle but a little chunky to work with. Aquavert was smooth, and pigmented minty green. I missed out on that one before, so I might pick that one up.

The MA was so nice, he kinda talked me out of buying more of the Grand Duos since I really liked the MSFs in Sugarsweet and I had alot of the Sonic Chic blushes. I ended up signing up for an event they are having next weekend for Sugarsweet.

Anyway, hope that helps you guys!