WOC-Heatherette Overview

doniad101

Hey Girlies! I had a chance this morning to go over to my MAC store and check out the <33Heatherette<33 Collection...and all I have to say is...GO AND GET IT GIRLS!
drools.gif

First and foremost, as before, I want to do my little overview for it. I checked out every product but the nail polishes.

Keep in mind I'm NW43-45 and have pink/brownish lip color.

Here are my opionions:

Beauty Powders:

~*Smooth Harmony*~ - - Its a very pretty neutral colored beauty powder. I didnt see any type of shimmer in the product. If you guys did, please excuse me, but there wasnt any obvious shimmer in this product. Although I didnt purchase it because it blended right into my skin, lol. I didnt think I needed it.

~*Alpha Girl*~ - - Gorgeous pink shade! This is the color I've been looking for! I saw no shimmer in it, but it gave such a gorgeous glow inside the store and outside (in the sunlight). It goes so beautifully w/ the Trio #2 palette look!
drools.gif
I'm going to pick that up either Friday or Saturday...if there is any left!!

Dual Edge Eye Pencils

~*Black Funk/Pop Blue*~ - - AHHHH! Gorgeous!!! The Pop Blue is like the blue shade in the Trio #1. Goes so gorgeous w/ it! The Pop Blue is highly pigmented and has beautiful glitter/shimmer in it. The black is definately BLACK! Gorgeous duo pencil. I'm going back to get this.

~*Phone Me/Text Me*~ - - Ehh... Wasnt a favorite of mine nor the MAC Artist helping me. It was a little bland and is so not a must have.

~*Nighthawk/Front Row*~ - - I had to buy this! The dark brown color of this duo is gorgeous. Its deep but not too deep, if you get what I'm saying, lol. The golden side of it is gorgeous and very pigmented..oh and has beautiful shimmer/glitter. I just had to have it. *P.S. - The MAC Makeup Artists say that they think this one will go the fastest of all the duo edge pencils, so get yours while you can!*

~*Fab Orchid/Dash Lily*~ - - Very pretty if your a fan of purples. The darker purple is so pretty and pigmented. The lighter purple (dash liliy) is a glitter bomb! So pretty, sparkly and pigmented! I'm going back to get this duo.

Lipglass:

~*Bonus Beat*~ - - Nope...too pale for my skin color.

~*Sock Hop*~ - - Gorgeous peachy coral. Looks great for the summer time or can even work as a peachy nude color. I had to have it!
thmbup.gif

~*Style Minx*~ - -
yahoo.gif
Wow! Such a gorgeous color. Its multi colored but majority I saw fucshia...or even magenta pink. Oh I cant wait to come back and get this one!

~*Starlet Kiss*~ - - Meh...not really my type of color. It may work for some depending on the lipcolor, but didnt do me any justice, lol.

Lipstick:

~*Lollipop Loving~* Gorgeous with Sock Hop or by itself. Good for a nude lip color. I'm going back to get this.

~*Fleshpot~* Oh no...not for me. Way too pale.

~*Melrose Mood~* Once again, not really right for my color, but may work for others.

~*Hollywood Nights*~
yahoo.gif
Gorgeous! Once again, just as pretty as Style Minx. I cant wait to go back and get this one.

Eyeshadow Trios:

~*Eyeshadow Trio #1~* Gorgeous colors! The black is nicely pigmented. The blue is to die for and the highlight is just right! Eveything is so pigmented! I'm definately going back to get this one.

~*Eyeshadow Trio #2~* Gorgeous!!!
drools.gif
thmbup.gif
yahoo.gif
choochoo.gif
Had to get this one. I LOVEE pinks and purples and I knew it would work. After a couple of swatches of the pink, I got it to show up like I wanted. The purple is very pigmented and gorgeous and the highlighter shade is gorgeous with a pink opalescent glow...oh so pretty.

Pigments/Glitters:

I think they all depend on personal preference. I have samples of 3 out of 4 of them. I hope to be getting Pink Pearl sometime soon.

Lashes:

Oh so Heatherette! I'm getting both pairs! If your afraid of length, dont get these ladies! LOL. They are long and luscious! Gorgeous!!

Alrigthy thats all ladies. I hope this helps some of you!

disastarr

I got eyeshadow trio #2, sock hop l/g and nighthawk/front row dual edge pencil yesterday from the NYC Pro store. The eyeshadows were nice; the purple is gorgeous and well pigmented, the highlight is pretty and slightly on the pink side. I agree about the pink shade, it took a few layers to show up on my NC50 skin. The first two layers were kinda chalky but as I kept going it became a deeper, very pretty pink. I like the consistency of the pencil; creamy and slightly smudgy. The glitter end is WONDERFUL! Very pigmented and not too disco-ball glittery. I like sock hop over Touch l/s. Gives me a nice coral/peachy sheen. They were out of style mink yesterday (already!), but I think I'll pick it up at another store since you liked it! Thanks!

lilMAClady

Thanks so MUCH! You've inspired me to go back and get the blue and brown pencils along with the pink beauty powder!! Being an NC45 I'm always looking for reviews from people with similar skintones as I'm not near a counter. I can't wait to get my order!! Thanks again!!

lilMAClady

Thanks so MUCH! You've inspired me to go back and get the blue and brown pencils along with the pink beauty powder!! Being an NC45 I'm always looking for reviews from people with similar skintones as I'm not near a counter. I can't wait to get my order!! Thanks again!!

lilMAClady

THANKS!!! So much for your reviews! I already placed an order, but you have inspired me to place another for the pink powder and the blue and brown pencils. I'm always on the hunt for reviews from people with my skintone (NC45). Thanks again and keep it up! Do you have a blog?

Starry

NC45 here.

I got both of the trios. They are so pretty. That purple color needs to be released as a perm. It is beautiful.

I got the Alpha Girl BP. I brightened my entire face without shimmer. Exactly what I have been looking for.

I liked all of the lipglosses, so I got those and one lipstick the Hollywood Nights. The rest were too pale.

I got the pigment and the coral nailpolish. I also got the brown and gold pencil.

Great colors I am excited about my purchases. Well worth checking out.

seymone25

For reference: For those that are NW47+ the beauty powders will not show up. This sucks but I was thinking of buying the beauty powder and popping out the color and put a blush or maybe a bronzer.. Dont know. I bought everything except for beauty powders and nail colors.

GlamYOURUs

I am going to exchange Fleshpot for another Sock Hop tonite. I don't want to wait in case they run out. What was I thinking when I picked up Fleshpot! It makes me look like a corpse! lol

MacObsessed

Okay. went to MAC

Was kind of dissapointed they were pushing FAFI harder than Heatherette which was tucked in a corner.

The trios:
Cute Packaging, the way the MA's worked the colors was really cute. but knowing ME the colors ust were not workable for me. maybe for others. The pans also seemed smalled. felt like it was less in this packaging.

Lipsticks/liplosses:
Amplified Melrose Mood-was just so pasty. I tried a million ways to make this work and I just dont see it on me.. so pastelly pink in a yucky way

Satin Fleshpot-felt like I was putting chalk on my lips. looked so chalky pasty and dry tried it with 3 diferent liners and the bonus beat gloss hated it. I do like it for neutraliing the colors of ur lips and putting another color over it but I an do that with a concealer. I did kind of like it with style minx over it but in the end Ill pass.

Hollywood nights- a KEEPER saw it on the MA and had to have it and with styl minx over it a DEF KEEPER (have)

Lollipop Loving -wasnt sure about it as first but I completely like it with a little tweaking.(have)

Sock Hop very pretty and nothing like it in my collection(have)

Styl Minx love it cuz I love pinks and bright colors yummy lol(have)

Starlet Kiss-realy pretty color does remind me of cult fave from Fafi with a little bit more color its really pretty on.(unsure about)

Bonus Beat-Complete pass it tottally washed me out and just looked so pale.

Beauty Powders:
Smooth Harmony looked great (AT FIRST) a realy bronzy color great for spring summer but i stepped into the sunlight and it pretty much faded to nothing.

Alpha Girl was the color of hippness to me so I passed I might go back and re-try it.

Dual Edge Eye Pencil:

Fab orchid/Dash lily-pretty color great for brown eyes not as glittery as the other (have)

Phone me/text me- Im not into silver at all and the other end was just a black liner and the other end wasnt even silver it was silver glitter. I can get that effect with reflects gold.

nighthawk/frontrow- gold glitter and brown liner in the only way I can sum this up.

blackfunk/pop blue-basic black liner and the other end was turquiose blue glitter this one had more color to it than glitter but i still passed.

I swatched them all in the stores and took pics, the whole experience was pretty boring. I was in and out 4 mins flat. Total I got four things and I dont feel like Ive missed out on anything else.

sweetie0716

I ordered online. I ordered alpha girl, the trios,and pigments. I didnt order any lipsticks or lipglasses online because I have a ton of B2M so I will most likely pick up lollipop loving, style minx, melrose mood, bonus beat, starlet kiss and hollywood nights

d n d

Well, I couldn't wait to get to the MAC counter to see what all the hype was about. Before I went, I had already committed myself to buying both eyeshadow trio's and maybe a gloss.

I tried on the eyeshadow trio with the pink and purple but the pink is really faint. I decided to pass on the trio for now.
I did get the trio with the blue and black and that blue is craaazy! It's like a metallic light turquoise that I haven't seen before! I also got Rollickin paint pot to go under the blue. I'm looking forward to playing with it!

As for everything else, I decided that I didn't have to have it at this very moment. I may go back another day to play with the colors a little more.

MACa6325xi

I just came from Nordstrom and I must say that I was disappointed. I didn't buy anything because these colors were not for me. I think this is one of the few collection in a while that I just didn't want anything.

dominichulinda

I ended up getting the :

smooth harmony BP (which I love). I didn't get "Alpha", because I have 4 BPB and tons of other similar glow highlighter.

nighthawk/ front row is sooo nice!!! the only duo I got...I love it.

sock hop is love! I got it. It was look so nice ...with smooth harmony on the cheeks and a touch of "joyous" bpb for some "yum".

starlet kiss...I like alot ..it's like a brighter 2n l/g I think
smiles.gif

...If anything is still available next week when I have so more "play play" money lol ..I will get both trios...and maaaaaaaaaaybe "alpha"
I got "trio #2" baby petal (looks niced over "girl friendly" p/p) v.i.p (looks good over perky p/p) cassette (looks nice over "nice vice" p/p)

BadBadGirl

I love how the Heatherette section at the MAC store I went to was largely ignored by customers. The SA's were ALLL over it though. They had bags FULL of products set behind the counter to get rung up later. It was pretty funny.

I bought 2 Style Minx, and the brown/gold pencil. Originally I was going to get the purple, but the MA showed me the brown/gold and I loved it. I will go back for the purple liner and the lashes, which were very long and lush.

I wasn't interested in anything else.

brownsuga lady

So I got:

Hollywood Nights l/s-so vibrant and creamy. Really pretty on my NC50 skin
Lollipop Loving l/s-subtle coral/green shimmer...pretty under Sock Hop
Sock Hop l/g-been waiting for this color. Might go get a back up
Style Minx l/g-vibrant pretty color. Especially over Hollywood Nights. Looks great on my skintone.

I got Black Funk/Pop Blue pencil

I passed on everything else.

bluebird08

Okay, I went and I am sorry but I didn't see much. I only got the Sock hop lipgloss and the Lola Devine polish. The lipstick colors were way to light on me (NC45 or MUFE 70) and they didn't do anything for me. The quads are nice but I have the Diana Ross quad that is very similar to Trio #2 so I passed. And the Trio #1 wasn't really hitting on much IMO. The duo pencils were nice but I decided to get only the lipgloss/polish...

I am sure others will have better luck!!

cloudburst

I'm NC 30-35 and this is what I picked up:

Trio 1 & 2 - the pink in trio 2 is what I wanted Pink Venus to be in Fafi quad 1, although I can see it being very light on darker skintones

Lollipop Loving l/s - a nice peachy pink that actually lightens my heavily pigmented lips, I think this would be great w/ Nars Orgasm on top, or as a highlighter on other darker lipticks.

Bonus Beat l/g -I love pale beige lipglosses & this is no exception

I plan to go back today & check out Hollywood Nights l/s, and Alpha Girl BPB.

GlamYOURUs

I think the BPs are a lil tricky.

Because it seems like Alpha Girl is supposed to be for WOC and Smooth Harmony for lighter skin tones. Don't you agree?
Smooth Harmony was like adding another skin on my NC35 skin. lol No difference at all. It had no shimmer although Alpha Girl has a slight shimmer.

GlamYOURUs

O and I picked up...

Sock Hop l/g - lovely coral pechy cream gloss, you're everyday color! I picked up 2! lol
Style Minx l/g - so beautiful, I love pinks and this is my fav bright pink gloss!
Bonus Beat - I didn't need fleshpot to get a nude look, this totally does it for me with a lil shimmer
Lollipop Loving - Omg this makes such a lovely nude color with a hint of green and gold shimmer!!
Hollywood Nights - wayyyyyy better than Girl About Town!
Trio 1 - my fav trio, i love blue and black!!
Trio 2 - I like the colors although I haven't played with them yet.
Shes Good Falsies - gorgeous for a night out
Dual Edge Liner in Black Funk/Pop Blue <-------gorgeous!!

Didn't get:

BPs - As I explained in my previos post, neither of them did anything for me so I didn't want to waste my hard earned $$$ on something I will never use. The compact is pretty and all but yeah, I can resist. lol

Nail Lacquers - easily dupable IMO. The coral is pretty but not unique. $$$$$ Yes is unique but I know I won't wear it often.

She's BAD falsies - this is gorgeous but again, I couldn't wear them often.

Other Dual Edge Liners - I didn't get the other ones because none of them really stood out for me except the blue one. But I shouldn't have bought it because I went to CVS right after that and saw that they had the Milani Color Brilliance Eye Pencils and the Blue one is just like it minus the glitter!!! So I picked up the Purple and Green one and I love them! Such incredible color payoff (swatches are in the swatch thread).

Glitter/Pigments - I have a few sample pigments of both of them so didn't see the need in getting a full size. And as for the glitter, I love shimmer and glitter once in a while, so I didn't see the need there either to pick up a whole jar.