WOC-Heatherette Overview

dominichulinda

Just to let you guys know smooth harmony is love on my skin (I have eva mendez type of glow when she's tan)..I wore it to work all day 6-3...w/ 1n l/g and mascara and everyone gave me sooooooooooooooooooo many compliments!!!!
smiles.gif
I was going to get alpha bp, but nah! ...the one I have is so loved! and is going to be my staple!!! when I wont the hint of ( I just came back from vacation).

I also wanted to go get trio #1 (since I have rollickin p/p), but my BF said the colors are sooooooo tranny!! yesterday in front of the MA ...lol so I didn't get it
ssad.gif

drebaby

im eyeing the first trio..mainly for the blueish/greenish color it looks so pretty on all of the photo's, i really only want that color..any one know if a dupe???!!! and i will be getting the nighthawk/front row liner..i need to call a counter so i dont have to wait for shipping, i also want to check out the lipglass bonus beat and sock hop in person. i would like to see how bonus beat and c-thru compare

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie0716
I ordered online. I ordered alpha girl, the trios,and pigments. I didnt order any lipsticks or lipglasses online because I have a ton of B2M so I will most likely pick up lollipop loving, style minx, melrose mood, bonus beat, starlet kiss and hollywood nights

B2M doesn't apply to the Heatherette collection because of the packaging-or so I've been told.

cloudburst

Didn't get:

BPs - As I explained in my previos post, neither of them did anything for me so I didn't want to waste my hard earned $$$ on something I will never use. The compact is pretty and all but yeah, I can resist. lol
quote]
I agree - I went to the store & asked my friend's sister who works there what the BP's were all about - she said they are supposed to be used like bronzer but in her opinion they were "nothing to write home about".

Alpha Girl kind of reminds me of Benefit's Dandelion & Smooth Harmony looks like a matte sheer bronzer.

(sorry I don't know why the quote thingy didn't work!)

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebaby
im eyeing the first trio..mainly for the blueish/greenish color it looks so pretty on all of the photo's, i really only want that color..any one know if a dupe???!!! and i will be getting the nighthawk/front row liner..i need to call a counter so i dont have to wait for shipping, i also want to check out the lipglass bonus beat and sock hop in person. i would like to see how bonus beat and c-thru compare

when I wen to get trio #1 ...the MA looked like she was wearing trio #1 ...and anywho her and my BF said to get #2...I asked her what she was wearing and she said ...shimmermoss??...does that ring a bell ???...because I dont have that e/s...she said she had that on not show with rollickin p/p or not ..but it looked nice...and she said ."ssshhhh"...not to say she didnt have it because I guess she was saying she had it one.

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs

Didn't get:

BPs - As I explained in my previos post, neither of them did anything for me so I didn't want to waste my hard earned $$$ on something I will never use. The compact is pretty and all but yeah, I can resist. lol
quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs

I agree - I went to the store & asked my friend's sister who works there what the BP's were all about - she said they are supposed to be used like bronzer but in her opinion they were "nothing to write home about".

Alpha Girl kind of reminds me of Benefit's Dandelion & Smooth Harmony looks like a matte sheer bronzer.

(sorry I don't know why the quote thingy didn't work!)

it is like a bronzer (TO ME FOR MY SKIN )...I use the 182 to apply it on ...it kind of remind me of the "sunset" l'oreal bronzer I already have....but yeah save your money and get something else...it works for a few not all
smiles.gif

britty_bear

okay...here goes... i got sock hop l/g and alpha girl b/p and i love them both. i wear studio tech nc50 and sock hop on me gave that innocent-i'm-not-wearing-makeup-please-dont-give-me-a-ticket-officer look.
winkiss.gif
th_DANCE.gif
LOL! i'm sooooo crazy about it. as to what everyone was saying about the BP...they're not meant to be bronzers at all. they're just meant to give an extra glow to your skin. i like them because, in my opinion, the foundation color they (MA) told me i needed is a lil too dark and it washes me out. the BP but some "life" back in your face. i also like the irridescent powder for the Fafi line in Sassd-Up. that with alpha girl look amazing ESPECIALLY if you're going for a more innocent look. it'll work with other looks too but that's the one i like the most. i tried on smoth harmony...it doesn't have any shimmer and only looks good, to me, if you're wearing alpha girl with it.

Tashona Helena

I got Hollywood Nights, Sock Hop and Trio 1. I definitely want backups of Sock Hop next paycheck lol. I put Hollywood Nights and dabbed Sock Hop over it and it looked very pretty. But of course, being where I live and all (closed minded people) people where in complete utter shock I was wearing pink lip stick. I was like chill guys, I wouldn't wear it with I have on (brown Hollister outfit). I just tried it on because I friend asked to see it on me.
smiles.gif
But yeah I love it regardless.

elongreach

I'm NC 45 and I got Trios 1 and 2, Lollipop Lovin, Sock Hop, and Smooth Harmony. My MA did a look with all of those (except trio 1) and I loved the look. Lollipop Lovin and Sock Hop gave me this perfect nude lip. I'm thinking of going back to look at the pencils because I didn't even view them. Plus, I need a base for Trio 1 if anyone has any suggestions.

drebaby

thanks dominichulinda i will check out shimmermoss..in the swatch thread i seen a comparrision of hoppin with waternymph, meadowland, aquadisiac..the meadowland was the closest.

Lip_gloss_whore

I'm an NC 45 and I got, Both Trios, Lollipop Loving, (which I didn't try on in the store and I don't like once I tried it on at home, I'm going to exchange it for Hollywood nights) I got both pigments, and also three of the duo pencils all except the gray/silver one. I'm going back tomorrow to get alpha girl BP they were sold out at the store I went to so I have it on hold at another store...... Over all I LIKE not LOVE this collection and when I brought it home my fiance' asked if I was out buying makeup for little girls because iof the packaging and he told me it was tacky... LOL

.VivaDiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongreach
I'm NC 45 and I got Trios 1 and 2, Lollipop Lovin, Sock Hop, and Smooth Harmony. My MA did a look with all of those (except trio 1) and I loved the look. Lollipop Lovin and Sock Hop gave me this perfect nude lip. I'm thinking of going back to look at the pencils because I didn't even view them. Plus, I need a base for Trio 1 if anyone has any suggestions.

Rollickin' paint pot from fafi without a doubt!!!

laguayaca

So a;; I got was Sock HOp and Pink Pearl pig because I have been lusting ove it for a while. All the other lip stuff looked hideous and the pink ones I did like I decided I had to many pink lippies, I am yet to finish rocking chick! All the shadows were dupeable if you ask me!

user46

I LOVE this thread! Us WOC should have a thread like this for every collection!

Too bad I have nothing to contribute, because I didn't even buy anything. lol. But it sure is helpful for when I do go see the collection.

meika79

When I went to the counter my MUA told me he was expecting me. lol. I ended up buying Lollipop Loving, Trio 1, Black Funk/Pop Blue, and Nighthawk/Front Row. I was testing hollywood Nights & Style Minx but passed on them, now they're sold out. I even did a back 2 MAC I tried to get another lollipop loving...GONE!!!
ssad.gif
cry.gif

MiCHiE

I bought Lollipop Loving l/s, Trio 2, and Smooth Harmony BP and I had a bad feeling when it was on backorder and I really didn't even care.....like I could take it or leave it kind of feeling. I love the packaging, but I am not really feeling the products. Smooth Harmony will get some use, but I found the Trio just 'alright'. I'm a sucker for purples, but Cassette just isn't doing it for me. Trio one's standout color looked too much like Aquadisiac in the swatches for me to buy it. Lollipop Loving.....bah.....looked like I swiped one of those cheap peach-colored nail polishes on my lips. I actually wore Revlons Nude Lustre Superlustrous Gloss on top of it. That made it look miles better, IMO. All in all, yeah, whatever....

aziajs

I got:

Sock Hop - Underwhelmed. However, I am going to keep trying it
Style Minx - LOOOOOOVE it!!
Lollipop Loving - Really like it as another nude lip alternative.

I am going back to get:
Hollywood Nights - I have to try this on and see how it looks
maaaaaybe Trio #1 - I don't know if I really need that green color

lsperry

I love, love, love this collection. I got:
4 Style Minx
1 Hollywood Nights
3 Smooth Harmony BP
1 Alpha Girl BP
1 Black Funk/Pop Blue pencil
1 Fab Orchid/Dash Lily pencil
1 Sock Hop LG
1 Starlet Kiss LG
1 Pink Pearl pg
Already have Jardin Aires pg
1 Trio #1
1 Trio #2

I love the packaging and as I said in the “Heatherette” color collections thread, I will never B2M anything ‘cause I’m too in love w/it.

The winners of the collection for me are 1) Smooth Harmony BP and 2) Style Minx lg.

Smooth Harmony BP gives me a glowy, smooth finish to my skin and Style Minx is one of the most beautiful fuschia pinks I’ve ever seen or owned.

I’m not too happy with trio #2. V.I.P. and Cassette are weak colors. I’ve had to add Graphology or some other deep purple to the trio to make it work for me. But trio #1 is pure love. I love cloudburst, having bought 2 es when Blue Storm came out. Moodring is a very unique color for me. I’ve tried it with these bases: paint pots (otherwordly, rollickin’ and delft) and fluidlines (jadeye, blue peep, and Delphic). And Hoppin’ is a great brow or lid color for me – not too chalky at all.

Out of all the ls in the collection, I could only wear Hollywood Nights – the other colors were too light for my NW45 skin and deeply pigmented, large lips. I debated getting a back up of HN but decided against it since I have other pink and red ls I can use Style Minx with those or by itself.

All, in all, everything I bought is gorgeous and helped sooth the disappointment of Fafi.