WOC: Holiday/Glamourdaze

CartoonChic

Thank you! I am so unskilled when it comes to application.

Shout out to ALL you ladies who recommended Small Vanity. I have been werking this color! It's a great neutral and perfect for the no makeup look. Wore it last night when I went to see someone interesting so I could play like I wasn't wearing anything and was just naturally gorgeous. Haha! You know how we do. Brown eyeliner, curled lashes, neutral blush, beige eye shadow, and plenty o' gloss.
winkiss.gif
LOL! I like how you phrased that. I need to try that look.

aradhana

Thank you! I am so unskilled when it comes to application.

Shout out to ALL you ladies who recommended Small Vanity. I have been werking this color! It's a great neutral and perfect for the no makeup look. Wore it last night when I went to see someone interesting so I could play like I wasn't wearing anything and was just naturally gorgeous. Haha! You know how we do. Brown eyeliner, curled lashes, neutral blush, beige eye shadow, and plenty o' gloss.
winkiss.gif
this look sounds awesome. i can't wait to get my SM and try it out! (yes, i caved. :) )

CartoonChic

I got all of the GD lipsticks except Beauty! Have I missed out here? Oh no
icon_eek.gif
Licks wound
It seems that Cork is the popular liner with lighter shades.
I'm wondering the same thing now? I had Beauty, but didn't try it on my lips because I decided to sell it. The SA gave it to me by accident instead of Glamourdaze. It looked way too pale when I swatched the tester on my hand. I didn't feel like working too hard to get it to work.

I was going to suggest a brown liner as well. Plum could also be a good one to use. My favorite go-to lip pencil is Currant. One of the YouTubers I like to watch says, "When in doubt, Currant your way out." Truer words have never been spoken.

Medgal07

The 215 and 130 would be my recs as well. I bought the 215 specifically to use with the EDES and the L'Oreal Infallible shadows. The brush is really dense so it picks up the product well. I use the 130 for EDSF for the same reason, it's dense. It's also small enough to target specific areas. I've seen the 128 mentioned as well, but haven't tried it. Nordstrom still has it.
I'm wondering if MAC has added the 128 split fiber cheek brush to its permanent product range? It's currently on the site. I LOVE this brush for its versatility. I use it to apply blush and sometimes use it to apply foundation or other liquid/cream products, applying with one side and buffing with the other.

CartoonChic

I'm wondering if MAC has added the 128 split fiber cheek brush to its permanent product range? It's currently on the site. I LOVE this brush for its versatility. I use it to apply blush and sometimes use it to apply foundation or other liquid/cream products, applying with one side and buffing with the other.
Are you on the Canadian site by chance? I searched for it and it came up, but then saw I was on the Canadian site. I switched over to the US site and it's not there.

Medgal07

Are you on the Canadian site by chance? I searched for it and it came up, but then saw I was on the Canadian site. I switched over to the US site and it's not there.
Yes, I was on the Canadian site. My MAC Book Pro goes to the Canadian site and my iPad & iPhone go to the US site. When I order via the Canadian site, the prices change to US once I enter my zip code.

Medgal07

I'm wondering the same thing now? I had Beauty, but didn't try it on my lips because I decided to sell it. The SA gave it to me by accident instead of Glamourdaze. It looked way too pale when I swatched the tester on my hand. I didn't feel like working too hard to get it to work.
I was going to suggest a brown liner as well. Plum could also be a good one to use. My favorite go-to lip pencil is Currant. One of the YouTubers I like to watch says, "When in doubt, Currant your way out." Truer words have never been spoken.
I wore Glamourdaze for the first time last night...lined with Burgundy l/p and topped with Plum Fun l/g. The hubs loved it. I had strong eyes & cheeks so it was the perfect 'quiet' lip color for the overall look.

MissTT

Thanks CartoonChic and Medgal. I may just go ahead and get the Mineral Brush Kit for the 130. I need to start a running list of brushes I need and their uses. I don't think I'm clever enough to use the 128. Perhaps I'll check it out on Youtube.

CartoonChic

I wore Glamourdaze for the first time last night...lined with Burgundy l/p and topped with Plum Fun l/g. The hubs loved it. I had strong eyes & cheeks so it was the perfect 'quiet' lip color for the overall look.
That look sounds pretty too. Now I need to try your look and MissTT's. I don't have Burgundy and I didn't get Plum Fun. I'm sure I can find substitutes.

MissTT

It makes me laugh to hear my makeup called "a look". I am a makeup minimalist and y'all are pros. My look for Friday night was:
bareMinerals Correcting Concealer Dark 2
MUFE HD Microfinish Powder
A Natural Flirt EDES (or maybe MUFE #126)
Demolition eye liner (Urban Decay)
Small Vanity blush
Smith's Rosebud Salve

I was wearing Zella Live In leggings (HG for real! Lifts bum and camouflages lumps), Nike fleece, and a pony tail trying to act like I'd rolled off the couch. (He had been coaching basketball so I knew he'd be dressed similarly.) I looked pretty, but almost like I wasn't wearing any makeup. It was perfect for bumming around and watching TV.

sss215

Not sure, but I saw one at my CCO

PrettyGirlDoc

Just like most Mac collections I hauled a little more than I anticipated. My small haul consists of Small Vanity Blush(which I love), Superb EDSF, Outrageously Fun and Glamourdaze lipstick as well as Impossibly Sweet Lipglass. Glamourdaze looks beautiful with Mahogany lipliner. It is my lips but better.

Medgal07

Glamourdaze looks beautiful with Mahogany lipliner. It is my lips but better.
I'd say you did very well in minimizing your haul from this massive collection. There are some people-cough-CartoonChic-cough who nearly purchased the entire collection!!!

I'm such a fan of the deep burgundy colors..just love them, but Glamourdaze is subtle, yet buildable and pretty...soft..that's it, it's soft. I've used it with my Burgundy lip liner and Plum Fun lipglass, and the more I wear it the better I like it!

CartoonChic

I'd say you did very well in minimizing your haul from this massive collection. There are some people-cough-CartoonChic-cough who nearly purchased the entire collection!!!

I'm such a fan of the deep burgundy colors..just love them, but Glamourdaze is subtle, yet buildable and pretty...soft..that's it, it's soft. I've used it with my Burgundy lip liner and Plum Fun lipglass, and the more I wear it the better I like it!
th_roll1.gif
I couldn't help myself! And you're making me want to get Burgundy a lot sooner than I planned. I'm really curious to see how it will look with Glamourdaze.

(I'm still waiting for the restock so I can get a couple of BUs.)

PrettyGirlDoc

I'd say you did very well in minimizing your haul from this massive collection.  There are some people-[COLOR=0000FF]cough[/COLOR]-CartoonChic-[COLOR=0000FF]cough[/COLOR] who nearly purchased the entire collection!!! I'm such a fan of the deep burgundy colors..just love them, but Glamourdaze is subtle, yet buildable and pretty...soft..that's it, it's soft.  I've used it with my Burgundy lip liner and Plum Fun lipglass, and the more I wear it the better I like it!
LOL, I've been looking at Cartoon Chic's lists and recent stashes in awe. Still laugh at you telling her you will eat your hat if she stops buying. LOL. I am going to try plum with Glamourdaze. It sounds pretty. That lipstick is great for work and conservative settings.

Medgal07

th_roll1.gif
I couldn't help myself! And you're making me want to get Burgundy a lot sooner than I planned. I'm really curious to see how it will look with Glamourdaze.

(I'm still waiting for the restock so I can get a couple of BUs.)
Oh you'll love it. It's not screaming burgundy or as dark as Currant & Night Moth. It's just right!
P.S. You're such an easy mark. I just adore you!

girlhaha.gif
friends.gif

Medgal07

Glamourdaze looks beautiful with Mahogany lipliner. It is my lips but better.
I don't have Mahogany. I'll have to check that out tomorrow when I go to the MAC store. Mind you, I'm supposed to be making an effort to reduce my stash, not keep adding to it. But really, how much room does one little lip pencil consume?
girlhaha.gif

PrettyGirlDoc

I don't have Mahogany.  I'll have to check that out tomorrow when I go to the MAC store.  Mind you, I'm supposed to be making an effort to reduce my stash, not keep adding to it.  But really, how much room does one little lip pencil consume?   :haha:
Not much room at all. LOL

ainelson86

I know I said this before but I <3 Glamourdaze!!! I've been using with NYX Mahogany for the last 2 days. I'll be trying out the eyeshadows next :)

Latest posts