WOC-Red She Said Collection.... What Are You Getting?

kera484

Today, I got Miss Dynamite and Date Night Dazzleglasses. I also got Stark Naked BPB. I'm in love with everything I bought, especially the Dazzleglasses. I'm probably going back for Love Alert and Baby Sparks.

HeavenLeiBlu

Okay, so I went and swatched at the last possible minute as the store was closing, and I love the red in Danger Zone, but the silver is a hot ass mess. both sides of Outspoken are nice, too, but ditto on the silver. I'll probably get both, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
I have extremely oily skin. Can oily girls really rock the MSF's?

I'm going to have to say no here. I'm extremely oily, and I just found the most AMAZING oil control lotion from Cosmedicine. It's the most intense mattifier, wonderful. Anyway, the MSFs really only work on me as a highlighter for going out.

I picked up Miss Dynamite and Stark Naked blush. I love the other ones I have, Eversun and some other plummy one that I can never remember the name of...

lsperry

I got the MESs – Persuasive, Outspoken, Dangerzone, Threesome and Interview. I’m thinking about getting a back-up of Interview. The brown is the most gorgeous and rich I’ve ever seen by any make-up brand. Just what I’ve been looking for – for a long time. I already have the other “permanent” MESs launched in the mineralized expansion line. I love MAC’s MES and they really improved on the quality this year.

I wrote in another thread that the Persuasive MES I ordered was not included in my order I received Friday but 2 Petticoats and 2 Soft and Gentle MSFs were included by mistake. MAC told me to keep them. I already have a Petticoat MSF – will decide later what to do with 4 MSFs. They also included Smoke and Ash and Sweet Liaison suite array es – didn’t order these either. Anyone else find these shadows suckey? They are good for nothing and have no color pay-off! Yuck! I can see the CCOs having lots of these in the near future.

Also, I already have Pomposity LS and B2M’d for Red, she said and Crazee….I love, love, love Crazee, although it and Pomposity seem like spring/summer colors.

And finally, I got Miss Dynamite, Baby Sparks and Sugarrimmed DGs. Miss Dynamite is not what I thought it would be….I guess I wanted it to be like Shine Manish lg, but it isn’t. It’s okay; just doesn’t have the WOW factor like Shine Manish lg. (Glad I got 2 of these!)

ETA: The copper and silver pearl stripes are horrid on the MES trios. I've tried using them dry and wet with water or mixing medium. Nothing helps these stripes -- they are chunky and suck! MAC can leave them out the next time 'cause I don't trust they'll improve on the formula.

ShugAvery2001

I'm loving what i got so much I'm going for backups this weekend.
I'm gonna get backups of the dazzle glasses and pomposity

I actually tried the MSF's and loved them but like Jupiter Rising said, only as a highlighter

I'm satisfied now. I have enough to last me until hello kitty
winks.gif

MissCrystal

i got miss dynamite and baby sparks dazzle glass
Inter-view mes
persuasive mes

sheer bronze msp
.. i didnt get any msf i already have warmed

and i also picked up macroviolet fluid line it's stunning

mac_addict.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
I

ETA: The copper and silver pearl stripes are horrid on the MES trios. I've tried using them dry and wet with water or mixing medium. Nothing helps these stripes -- they are chunky and suck! MAC can leave them out the next time 'cause I don't trust they'll improve on the formula.

I totally agree. I was like, WTF?

Ebonyone

Okay some of you have better control than me. I got all of the Dazzle Glasses. Love them!
th_e2cloud9.gif

I also got three MES in Outspoken, Threesome and Danger Zone. And yes, while the colors are great, the middle glitters are crap just waiting to fall out on your face in fat chunks.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

spectrolite

After alot of umming, ahhhing, and browsing the swatch threads, I've got my definite list. I can only afford a few things thanks to the shockingly low value of the Aussie dollar so I have to make my purchases count.

- Dangerzone
- Sugarimmed
- Love Alert
- Crazee + Pomposity (Yay for B2M!!)

These are the real stand outs for me. I'm going to pick them up next week when the collection is release here in Aussie land >_<

LatinaRose

I bought Miss D, Love Alert and Baby Sparks yesterday. May go back for Sugarrimmed. I don't like the MES, so I skipped. The other stuff is okay, but nothing wow'd me.

Been spending a lot on makeup lately and I'm really interested in all the collections after Christmas, so I'm trying to be good and limit my spending on makeup for now.

Mac MaMa

I got the Stark Naked beauty powder blush. LOVE IT! IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT, YOU MUST GET IT! The dazzleglasses are so thick, and have too much glitter! I'll pass on everything else!

jilliandanica

I picked up all the dazzleglasses except Love Alert. I skipped on everything else.

While I was there I also picked up Creme D'Nude and Hot Gossip Cremesheens and Petticoat MSF.

Creme D'Nude + Baby Sparks is such a pretty baby pink/neutral combo and Hot Gossip + Date Night is freakin' beautiful!

d n d

Does anyone have an opinion about Interview MES? The brown is so pretty but that gold in the middle seemed a little flaky. Does it stay on the lid well?

lovely333

I tried to like these shadows. The brown and blue in interview are great but the stripe down the middle is some crap. The ma kept telling me that if I wet the shadow I would get the copper color. No such luck. Not to mention the fall out. I knew what to expect but I can't stand it.

jdechant

Honestly, I haven't been buying the MES for the glitter, its great when you want to have a glitter day, but the two colors are sooo beautiful and great color payoff!!

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
Does anyone have an opinion about Interview MES? The brown is so pretty but that gold in the middle seemed a little flaky. Does it stay on the lid well?

that stripe in the middle of these MES' are quite shitty.

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
that stripe in the middle of these MES' are quite shitty.

I figured that. I want to convince myself to buy Interview anyway since the brown is soooo gorgeous and I haven't seen a color like that ever. At the same time I don't know if I want to shell out the bucks if the whole product isn't useable. MAC knows they need to stop putting those good for nothing glitter sections in their MES...why cant all the colors be the same consistency!