WOC-What are your faves from Bobbi Brown?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Does anybody purchase any of her palettes?

No because I don't like that she mixes lip products in with them. If it were just a face product and eye shadows I would probably be more interested.

elektra513

Ok, I just came back from the Bobbi Brown counter and picked up the Dark Peach corrector to try. I am so annoyed because same ignorant SA that was there when I went there for the foundation stick was there today. She is so...IDK...color-blind, maybe? I walked over to the correctors and told her I just came by to look at a specific corrector shade. While staring at me like a zombie, she says to me "Oh, the Dark Bisque?" My reply: "No the dark peach" then proceed to swatch it on my hand. Then she says, "The Dark Bisque is nice" and I said "Ok, well, I came to pick up Dark Peach". Her: "Oh, did someone match you to that??" Me: No, I am just looking for a Dark Peach corrector and that is what I will be purchasing today". Then she keeps trying to ask me what else I want to buy and if I want to open a Bloomie's card...sigh.

All that to say, she picked out the Peach instead of the Dark Peach and I noticed it at the door, so thankfully I caught in time and made the exchange before I got back home.

I tried it and have it on right now, and it looks no different from the MAC concealer I have on. *sigh* All that effort, for what?

When I went to that counter to get foundation, this same woman tried to match me to 7.5!!! Look in my profile or any fotd I've done and you will see that I am clearly not anywhere near 7.5. I am a C7 in MAC, so yeah. I walked away from her at got the Chanel guy to match me b/c she sucked so hard. He got it right ( well closer to right; he picked 6.5, even though that works just for the summer time)

I wish I could try more BB, but the SAs leave a bad taste in my mouth (not just this one, but she is the worst of the bunch ime)

*end rant*

gabi03

I love her concealer and corrector. Its the only brand that really looks natural and gets rid of my dark circles, even my mom uses it. I have the creamy concealer in Golden and my corrector is in Peach. I don't use the corrector much, only on special occasion days or when i look really sleepy...

I've heard great things about her blushes and gel liners, but they are a bit too expensive for me.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Ok, I just came back from the Bobbi Brown counter and picked up the Dark Peach corrector to try. I am so annoyed because same ignorant SA that was there when I went there for the foundation stick was there today. She is so...IDK...color-blind, maybe? I walked over to the correctors and told her I just came by to look at a specific corrector shade. While staring at me like a zombie, she says to me "Oh, the Dark Bisque?" My reply: "No the dark peach" then proceed to swatch it on my hand. Then she says, "The Dark Bisque is nice" and I said "Ok, well, I came to pick up Dark Peach". Her: "Oh, did someone match you to that??" Me: No, I am just looking for a Dark Peach corrector and that is what I will be purchasing today". Then she keeps trying to ask me what else I want to buy and if I want to open a Bloomie's card...sigh.

All that to say, she picked out the Peach instead of the Dark Peach and I noticed it at the door, so thankfully I caught in time and made the exchange before I got back home.

I tried it and have it on right now, and it looks no different from the MAC concealer I have on. *sigh* All that effort, for what?

When I went to that counter to get foundation, this same woman tried to match me to 7.5!!! Look in my profile or any fotd I've done and you will see that I am clearly not anywhere near 7.5. I am a C7 in MAC, so yeah. I walked away from her at got the Chanel guy to match me b/c she sucked so hard. He got it right ( well closer to right; he picked 6.5, even though that works just for the summer time)

I wish I could try more BB, but the SAs leave a bad taste in my mouth (not just this one, but she is the worst of the bunch ime)

*end rant*

LOL - Omg, please share which Bloomie's this was! There is one black SA at the Bobbi counter at Lenox with the worst attitude. I came in once to swatch eye shadows and I'd brought shades from home to compare because I thought they might be dupes and she had to "warn" me about doing that because it might look like I was stealing. Yeah, so I'm stealing Stila shadows and MAC 15-palettes from your Bobbi Brown display. Ok. However the blonde lady and the manager who looks south-east Asian are wonderful. And the blonde lady always has fabulous makeup. This may sound weird, but everytime I have a white Bobbi SA, they color match me better and suggest appropriate and out of the box colors. Just saying.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
LOL - Omg, please share which Bloomie's this was! There is one black SA at the Bobbi counter at Lenox with the worst attitude. I came in once to swatch eye shadows and I'd brought shades from home to compare because I thought they might be dupes and she had to "warn" me about doing that because it might look like I was stealing. Yeah, so I'm stealing Stila shadows and MAC 15-palettes from your Bobbi Brown display. Ok. However the blonde lady and the manager who looks south-east Asian are wonderful. And the blonde lady always has fabulous makeup. This may sound weird, but everytime I have a white Bobbi SA, they color match me better and suggest appropriate and out of the box colors. Just saying.

This [white] woman is at Perimeter Bloomie's. The guy that matched me better from the Chanel counter is white too (and worked for Bobbi Brown for years before moving to Chanel), so perhaps it's a "I don't need to know how to do AA makeup, because AA women don't spend money" thing. Oh well, I guess I would have better luck going to Lenox, lol. I just really hate that mall
th_dunno.gif

elektra513

Oh and I am wearing the corrector today with Select Moisturecover and it's great. Makes concealing undereye very easy, unlike that stupid MUFE palette lol.

RandomnessWithK

i love the gel eyeliner! i only have the one in black, but love it though!
smiles.gif

i'm looking for an under eye concealer for my dark circles..

what would someone recommend? the studio finish from mac settles into my fine lines even if i just a tiny amount..
ssad.gif

is bobbi brown's good for under eye circles? will they not cake with powder on top?
smiles.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
i love the gel eyeliner! i only have the one in black, but love it though!
smiles.gif

i'm looking for an under eye concealer for my dark circles..

what would someone recommend? the studio finish from mac settles into my fine lines even if i just a tiny amount..
ssad.gif

is bobbi brown's good for under eye circles? will they not cake with powder on top?
smiles.gif

Most folks in this thread have recommended her concealers. I have been using the corrector for a little bit now, and I like it. I may try the concealer next, but her formula takes some getting used to if you normally use MAC concealers, IMO.

Here's a chart I saved to my favorites with the skin tone breakdown for her products. It could be a good start for you.

BOBBI BROWN COSMETICS

elektra513

I forgot that I bought two Pot Rouges maybe a yr+ ago...Pink Truffle and Raspberry. I think I will pull them out sometime this week and see how I like them. I've added the Shimmerbrick to my wishlist as well...

I don't remember anyone mentioning her bronzers. I have two of those too, but I use those more regularly.

So to sum up so far, BB is good for:
Foundations (if you're yellow-toned)
Concealers/Correctors
Shimmerbricks
Gel Eyeliner
Bronzer/Blush
Eyeshadows (depends on formula/preference)

Anything else, you guys?

MAChostage

Her new fall collection, "Black Velvet" (September 2010), looks GORGEOUS! I've never been a huge fan of Bobbi Brown (I do like the gel liners) but this collection has me really intrigued.

ETA: Just found out today that the collection is at my counter!

Msvondak

I LOVE BB FOUNDATION WARM ALMOND I HAVE WENT TO MAC ASK THEM TO HELP ME FIND A Foundation they try to sell me brushes and gave me a card, I walk pass BBrown and ask the same thing she said what type of skin do you have I don't know but I was 43yr old and it get dry around my mouth she check out my skin told me to sit down and put on primer and make up and i was very happy, I got foundation,corrector, shimmer brick. I'm 45 now and my foundation is all gone I've always want to try Mac so i go to make here in MPLS, MN and said help she told me sit and put a foundation on NC45 i said i think it to light she said know you are yellow and this is it. After looking around i tell her i need to go to car, when i was out there I see it is really to light i come back told her and ask for a liq make a little darker. i go home with lipstick,NC50 in studio fix and tech and a watery concealer in NC 42 she told me to keep concealer in NC45 and than gave me the wrong one. studio tech was darker a drying even thought the both was NC50 and i go back still no customer service skill i tell them i hate it they give me studio sculpt NC 50 it was even darker a shinny. so i go back again get studio fix in NC 45 AND 50 AND THE NC 50 concealer my face looks dry and the NC45 still to light and concealer is watery. can anyone help me i have all this stuff and hate it all or should I go back to BBrown helppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Twinkle_Twinkle

I LOVE BB FOUNDATION WARM ALMOND I HAVE WENT TO MAC ASK THEM TO HELP ME FIND A Foundation they try to sell me brushes and gave me a card, I walk pass BBrown and ask the same thing she said what type of skin do you have I don't know but I was 43yr old and it get dry around my mouth she check out my skin told me to sit down and put on primer and make up and i was very happy, I got foundation,corrector, shimmer brick. I'm 45 now and my foundation is all gone I've always want to try Mac so i go to make here in MPLS, MN and said help she told me sit and put a foundation on NC45 i said i think it to light she said know you are yellow and this is it. After looking around i tell her i need to go to car, when i was out there I see it is really to light i come back told her and ask for a liq make a little darker. i go home with lipstick,NC50 in studio fix and tech and a watery concealer in NC 42 she told me to keep concealer in NC45 and than gave me the wrong one. studio tech was darker a drying even thought the both was NC50 and i go back still no customer service skill i tell them i hate it they give me studio sculpt NC 50 it was even darker a shinny. so i go back again get studio fix in NC 45 AND 50 AND THE NC 50 concealer my face looks dry and the NC45 still to light and concealer is watery. can anyone help me i have all this stuff and hate it all or should I go back to BBrown helppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Sounds like you should just return all of the stuff that you hate and go back to Bobbi Brown if you like it. I will say that some MAC formulas run darker than others. In my experience Studio Tech and the Mineralize and Satinfinish both run dark and red (I am normally NW45 and get NC50 in those formulas) so that is something to keep in mind for future reference. Good luck!

vintageroses

^^ mee too! I love the creamy concealer & the corrector! They work amazing for me! :) I really wanna try her foundations but they don't carry my shade here in Singapore :(

afulton

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
i have very dark under-eye circles and I'm an NW45 in MAC (I also use the NW45 Studio finish concealor which gets rid of most of the discoloration but not completely), which corrector would u suggest for my colouring? I was thinking maybe the Dark Peach one?

I wear NW45 and use the Very Deep Bisque. None of the "darks" are dark enough.
I am NW 45 and use the Very Deep Bisque too

smoohead

Mocha pot rouge for anyone in the NC 30's to low 40s! Looks weird in the pot but looks nice and natural on the cheeks.

BeautyByLele

I dont know if it is a fav yet bcuz I just purchased it today but so far I like the Bobbi Brown corrector. Im a NC50 in mac and the MA matched me to Dark Peach (corrector). Hopefully soon I will be going back to pick up the concealer but for now I will use my MAC concealer on top! I was glancing @ the eyeshadows and blushes, I might pick up some things later.

shontay07108

The matte bronzing powder! Never desired a bronzer until I tried this. Plus, I haven't bought it yet, but I tried on the corrector. It looked great. I have to buy it because heaven knows I need it.

Latest posts