WOC, what're your favourite neutral blushes?

mufey

I just picked up a sample of a Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Summer Tan and it's the perfect 'neutral' blush on my NC40-42 skin! Usually I go for peachy colours but this is completely different and I think it looks great on me. It sort of defines my cheeks in a subtle way that's different to bright blush or contouring.

Now i'm dying to try out some more tan and beige blushes for subtle cheek definition on those minimal makeup or strong eye days. I hear Chanel has a good one, better research the name! I'm guessing a lot of tan/beige colours won't show up though so it's a case of trying and testing. Bleh.

So anyway, my question -

WOC, what are your favourite neutral blushes and what is your skin tone?

highonmac

I consider blushbaby a subtle neutral blush and I like a lot. Gingerly is a bit of a peachy brown, but its more neutral then peach. But in any cause I would also love to know so more neutral blushes. And what really defines a neutral blush?

wifey806

My first instinct was the say "Gingerly". I think I look fresh-faced in that color. It's subtle like "hi I'm a Cover Girl girl" and less "hi I'm a MAC Girl girl" ;-p

GlamQueen21

I'm a NC50/NW47 and my favorite neutral blush is Eversun! It suits my skintone really well and I love that blush to death! I would love to try some other neutral blushes like Sunbasque.

jazmatazz

Another vote for Eversun as a wearable neutral! I'm big on bold and brash blush, but on those days where I want to tone it down, I reach for Eversun.

Face2Mac

Does Gingerly and Blushbaby show up on NC50 skin?

My natural blushes are Mac Eversun and Superdupernatural and La Femme Blush on Rouge in Plum Frost, for high shimmer products, Mac So Ceylon, Nars LoveJoy. Cream Blush NYX in Tan.

I also hear that Nars Dolce Vita is a natural matte rosy color.

berryjuicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I'm a NC50/NW47 and my favorite neutral blush is Eversun! It suits my skintone really well and I love that blush to death! I would love to try some other neutral blushes like Sunbasque.

i'm nw45 and i've never been able to get eversun to show up on me. i wonder what i'm doing wrong.

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Does Gingerly and Blushbaby show up on NC50 skin?

My natural blushes are Mac Eversun and Superdupernatural and La Femme Blush on Rouge in Plum Frost, for high shimmer products, Mac So Ceylon, Nars LoveJoy. Cream Blush NYX in Tan.

I also hear that Nars Dolce Vita is a natural matte rosy color.

If EVERSUN shows on you, GINGERLY should show too. BUT IMO you don't need both. They are very very similar.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21

That's crazy, I absolutely cannot get Eversun to show up on me, and I'm NW45/47

Jackie O

I LOVE Ambering Rose

When applied with a light hand it almost looks kind of orangey (but very neautral) in photographs and it's gorgeous.

But when you really put it on it's this beautiful rosey color, it's hands down my favorite MAC blush, it's also the first blush I ever purchased from them.

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu

I have the same issue and I'm NC 50/55.
th_dunno.gif
Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

lovely333

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu

I am a nc50 and it shows up on me i have a lot of yellow in my skin.

Blushbaby

I'm NC50

NARS Gina
NARS Ninotchka
MAC Notable
MAC Eversun
MAC Sunbasque
MAC Style
MAC Gingerly
MAC Harmony
MAC Ambering Rose