worker killed in wal-mart

trollydolly

has anyone else heard about this? its awful!

A supermarket worker has been killed in a stampede of shoppers during the first day of America's traditional Christmas sales season.

15165056.jpg

Shoppers make a dash to get through the doors of Wal-Mart

The 34-year-old man was knocked to the ground as shoppers swept into the stores after forming long queues outside the door.
Police said shoppers "physically broke down the doors" when the Long Island Wal-Mart opened at 5am "knocking him (the shop worker) to the ground".
Four other people were taken to hospital, including a pregnant woman.
The fatality came as shoppers poured into stores around the country at the start of the traditional sales period which follows Thanksgiving.
The day is nicknamed Black Friday due to it being the busiest day of the year for retailers, often resulting in massive traffic jams and over-crowded stores.​
But despite fears over the US economy many people turned up at shops which had extended their hours, some opening at midnight.
Experts believe it will remain one of the season's biggest selling days, even as shoppers remain deliberate in their spending.
"This is definitely a hit-and-run mentality," said Britt Beemer, chairman of America's Research Group. "They are running in, grabbing the deal and running out."

TISH1124

This is so ridiculous!!

I was telling Erin...that when I stopped at Walmart just to get milk and bread at 1:30 this morning...People were inside the store sleeping all over the floor and reading magazines while they were waiting for the 5am sales to start...They had their dodies and carts blocking the aisles where the items were they were waiting for....No doubt the aisle was clear for the milk and bread
th_LMAO.gif

ms.marymac

I wonder if they even cared or knew that they killed a man or put three others in the hospital? Worthless.

TISH1124

^^Probably NOT!! All to save a few dollars...But I blame Walmart too...they need to organize those sales much better than that....They should have some sort of order at the door before they just allow people to bombard their way in.

trollydolly

We don't have any kind of sales like that in the UK, so I find it difficult to get my head round. I can't believe everyone gets so manic and ruthless.

TISH1124

Yeah I just heard a person was shot in the Toy Store today...didn;t get all the details....That is why my ass was sitting right here at home...I did go to the bookstore...But there were no riots or demands there...LOL

DominicanBarbie

I was at walmart today and it's disgusting to see people act like wild animals. Pushing ,shoving ,name calling and the greed is the worst part. I mean seriously do you need 10 portable dvd players. I mean come on. Never again thats for sure. With that being said I feel for his family this holiday season.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
Just to save a few $...it seems that's all people seem to value in life at the moment.

That and I think people are becoming more and more self absorbed these days. How do you not notice a body under your feet?

spacegirl2007

the sales were not even good this year.
i worked my PT job (retail) at 5:45 a.m. and we were busy but not as crazy as i expected. like i said, i looked through all the ad flyers yesterday (i need to be familiar with them for my job) and the sales were nothing to write home about. i mean in the past theyve had killer deals and it just didnt seem like it this year. i went shopping myself from like 4-7(p.m.) and it was not busy at all.
however, i still cannot find a stupid wii fit.

darkorchid

That is absolutely disgusting. We have things like that happen here in Australia too - except its our after Christmas (boxing day) sale. One time there was a person on crutches at the front of the crowd and so when the doors opened they fell over from the pushing and shoving behind them and were trampled. Don't think they died, but still. People are crazy these days - its really sad
ssad.gif
thmbdn.gif

jdechant

Pffftt...Those people are ANIMALS!! How the hell could something like that happen?? IT's ridiculous...

AngelBunny

That is so sad ... my heart and prayers go out to that family ... what an awful tragedy.

We went to the Wal Mart here at about 5PM today and it was much calmer than I expected. We went for Guitar Hero and I was surprised that they had it still ... but the store still looked pretty well stocked.

How disgraceful to end someone's life just for a sale ... hopefully something will be done about it.

burnitdown_x

I really wonder if that flat screen TV was worth it when you trampled a man to death for it. I'm shocked as hell to see how materialistic people are, acting as animals for fucking electronics.

Latest posts