Working for Sephora

narsheroine1

I would like to work there as Key Holder because I'm looking for something full time but am wandering how long the process normally takes? I have another interview coming up and am anxious to know something. Thanks!
same situation as you except its for cashier. They called my references (well 1) but I haven't heard back. They said I would hear back from them either way via email and I haven't heard anything yet. They called me the NEXT day after I sent my application but they are taking soooo long for this hiring process. I just want to know if I got it or not.

Valeriexo

Hello everyone. I'm just 17 but I have retail experience of 4 years working part time at my mums bakery(cashier) and 2 years working at a cosmetics store(not in canada/us). I only have very minimal experience with makeup and not even us/canadian brands. I'm starting college in canada and i'd like to find out if i'm qualified enough to get a job in sephora. I'd like to start as a cashier and advance when I complete my professional makeup course. Does sephora hire people with little experience in makeup artistry?

ArtistinHeels

How much do you get paid an hour and what is your experience? What are some of the responsibilities of the manager? I have been with my company for awhile and I want to move up but I would like to know some details.

damagedmassacre

Do you have to have makeup artist exp to work here or at mac? I've been thinking about applying part time to better my makeup skills and to pick up night hours from my full time job.

User17

Hey everyone! So I have a few questions about applying. I apologize in advance for writing a novel, I just feel the back story is kind of necessary. First off, I'm originally from Eugene, OR and am visiting my mother (open-ended) in Scottsdale, Arizona. Now I've applied at Sephora in my hometown a few times before and never heard anything, which I'm sure is due to my lack of experience and that it is almost impossible to get a job in that town. My only (real) job was working for Wendy's for about 9 months. I personally think I excelled wonderfully at that job especially with customers, which is obviously a huge part of being a sephora employee. So for my first question. I was contemplating applying at a sephora here in AZ, because the job market is much better here and I think even with my lack of experience I have a chance getting hired here, but I could only do so knowing that I could for sure transfer to the SiJCP in Eugene. I would just wait till I decide to go home and apply again, but I'm almost positive nothing would come of it. I doubt they want to take a chance on a 19 year old with one previous job from an alternative high school and not attending college. ANYWHO- back to the actual questions... 1) how long must you be working for (or what is the minimum amount of time) one store before you can transfer to another one out of state? 2) can you transfer from a free-standing to a SiJCP without issues from JCP? Or do you have to go through a whole JCP hiring process? 3) best case scenario if my sephora in Eugene had openings (that is IF I got hired here in AZ) can they decide not to accept you? Or do they have to let you transfer to their store? Obviously I know you have to have good recommendations from the current manager and all that. But I REALLY want this job, I've wanted to work here for 5 years now. I want to apply here in AZ, but not if I would just lose the job shortly after from needing to return home and being unable to transfer. I so desperately wish I could just sit a manager from Eugene down and be like "listen, I know my resume doesn't show much, and it doesn't reflect my abilities at all considering how hard it is to get a job with how tough times are right now, but I've been wanting to work in this industry since forever. My life revolves around makeup. My mother was a MUA while I was young, and ever since I was about 7 I knew this was going to be what made me the happiest. As a young teen I would sit in front of my laptop for hours on end just watching tutorials online, and then spend hours in front of the mirror practicing. If you could please just PLEASE give me a chance to show you that my resume does nothing for me and that I could really excel at this job, it would mean the world. I know without a doubt I would do well with this company" But you can't really do that lol. I want this job so much. Eventually I want to be a MUA for runways and special-FX, high fashion, avant gard (sp?) things like that. Working for Sephora would be an amazing start to the professional side of things. I know that I have the talent on the artistry end of things. I just need the chance!

cosmomedown

So it clearly looks like no matter what position or location this process can be pretty long. Wel like many others i still have a few questions. To make my story short i'll kind of jump right into it. First group interview was May 19th did the group interview went awesome only ne and two other women, but we were interviewing for two completely different positions. I was there for a cashier position and they were there for recovery. Good interview for all candidates, she informed us the store director would be on Vacation so expect a call with in two weeks. June 4th was my second interview it went amazing as well. She was super friendly sephora LOVES to use the word love. Lol so she loved everything that i said the interview was very short Straight to the point i asked my 2 to 3 questions at the end of the inerview she informed me that she will contact me for a third interview with the DM two days later i got the email to do the second interview at a different sephora location about 35mins away from where I live i went to the interview it went prety good . But toward the end she did let me know that the other candidate was there for the same position and she knew him from a different retail cosmetic company they both worked for years ago. At that point i just felt is was over... i asked my ques towards the end of the interview and she told me that i should hear back from the SD with in a week..... Wel.... here we are in week two and no phone call. This Thursday will be the official second week. Monday i called her and asked if they made their final decision for the cashier position. She told me no and that she will call me at the end of the day and if not FOR SURE. Tuesday morning. .. and today is Wednesday evening and still no call. I dnt kniw what to think im starting to lose hope. Everything went well. But i just dnt know I've never been through this. Would it be to much to call Thursday morning? ???? Im just soo lost.

User17

[@]cosmomedown[/@] if I were you I would just give them a call. Worst case scenario they tell you they went with the other person, best case they could see that you are really trying and hire you. They could just be busy as it's now summer time and everyone is out of school, so malls and what not are WAY busier than during the school year, or for whatever reason idk. The manager could not be working as well. I know calling a potential employer isn't very fun, I'm definitely one of those people who is worried I'll just annoy them lol. But I've never heard of that actually being true unless you're blowing up the phone 20 times a day haha. It's actually really good and looks professional to check up with them. So just give them a call and see what's up! Wish you the best and good luck! :)

cosmomedown

@hayleechristetene I agree . It would just be such a disappointment if i did all this work for over a month. N i find out i didn't get the job. Lol I just hope it ill work out. Thank you Huun. Ill call later this afternoon. Wish my luck

cosmomedown

Okay so now i have mixed emotions .:unsure: I called in today and asked to speak with the SD she was busy so she delivered hr mssg for her and told me that i need to go On the website tonight and there will be an offer for me later at the end of the day??? Now..... does that mean that i got the job???? Are Mayb there not sure yet.... does it mean they dnt know what my pay will b be. Lol i could be over thinking it. But im just not getting a direct answer. I could've ask does that mean im officially hired. But i didn't. Lol so i guess i gotta wait until tonight.

damagedmassacre

I would really like to work for sephora but I have no Ma exp so I don't wanna waste my time applying. I love the atmosphere and I love makeup I'm good at doing it just not a pro lol

Kelley01

Hey everyone! I applied for Key Holder/Lead a few weeks ago and got a call back today. It's a free standing store....but in a mall. So the hours are 10-9 everyday & 12-6 Sundays.

I have two questions.

1- Do they work around college schedules? Are they flexible at all?

2- in Texas what is the hourly rate (avg.) of Keyholder/Lead?

PLEASE help! I am nervous.

Ling168

Hey everyone! I applied for Key Holder/Lead a few weeks ago and got a call back today. It's a free standing store....but in a mall. So the hours are 10-9 everyday & 12-6 Sundays.

I have two questions.

1- Do they work around college schedules? Are they flexible at all?

2- in Texas what is the hourly rate (avg.) of Keyholder/Lead?

PLEASE help! I am nervous.

I know this comes super late, but if you no longer need this info maybe someone else might.

The hours vary more than that... usually from about an hour before the store opens until an hour after. It may also be different if you're a lead. I know for some trainings we need to be in at 7:30am even though the store opens at 11am, for example. So keep that in mind. Whether or not they're willing to work with your schedule will depend on the store and the management team, essentially it'll depend on the person making the schedule. Some people are more flexible than others and if they like you it'll work in your favor.

How'd you do?

I recently been hired in sephora as a cashier. i'm so excited.
I got an email saying that orientation / training day will be held but I am wondering if I will get my schedule that day or will it be another waiting period till they call me only because my current job needs to know when to take me off their schedule.

another question is how are the benefits there for a full time employee.
i know i would have to wait the standard 90 days but wondering how it works for me to sign up for all the health insurance forms.

I recently been hired in sephora as a cashier. i'm so excited.
I got an email saying that orientation / training day will be held but I am wondering if I will get my schedule that day or will it be another waiting period till they call me only because my current job needs to know when to take me off their schedule.

another question is how are the benefits there for a full time employee.
i know i would have to wait the standard 90 days but wondering how it works for me to sign up for all the health insurance forms

Bebootiful

I was just hired at Sephora as a Sephora Collection Lead. I was formerly with Ulta and I am super excited to be at Sephora now.

pleasantmacabre

I have my 2nd interview on Tuesday for a brand new store opening (it'll be the biggest store in Canada!) it's opening in October I was told there would be 5 weeks of training! I hope so badly that I get this, makeup is my everything ! Working there would be my ideal perfect job :)

AshantiMonet

Hello everyone , I'm a newbie to this !! I am currently a former freestanding sephora employee and I'm currently interviewing with Sephora inside Jcpenny this coming Tuesday for my Second interview !! I don't know much about the Sephoras in Jcpenny ! Can someone or anyone provide some tips !! Thank you , Much appreciated ! Ashanti Monet

teylormade

Hello, I applied to Sephora not to long ago. I've been in twice to check the status. The 2nd time I went in the Color manager asked me... -why do you want to work for Sephora? -where do you see yourself in 5 years? She seemed to like me and she wrote my name down to remember it. My question is, is that a good chance that I will get a call back for an interview? Or what should I do next? I have the retail and makeup experience and open availability. I really want/need this job!

Latest posts