WTH ..OCTOMOM spent 1000 on MAC!

Ms_Slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I think you can still be on Welfare or Government assistant and still earn a miniumun amount of money to help supplement that income..or get reduced amounts .... I know my grammy used to clean houses and she was still able to get a min amount of SS and food stamps because she made below the poverty level ... I think..I am not an expert on it...But i know it can't be easy to survive on Welfare alone by any means

Yeah, you totally can. I work with a woman who has four kids and just got a divorce and is going through some tough times, and she gets food stamps.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
Not to get off topic but :

My mom who doesn't speak good enough english has worked on and off under the table jobs cause that's all she can really do okay. She still files taxes and pays them though. Believe me the jobs she's had to do aren't easy and I doubt many people are willing to do them with the amount she's getting paid. There is quite a bit of physical labor involved and she's constantly tired and worn out. This money she's earned has helped raise me and my brother and we have a pretty good living growing up and even now in this tough economy.
quote]

Oh no, don't get me wrong. It sounds like your mom works really hard, and I don't have a problem with people working under the table especially to support their children.

It's just when people take advantage of the system and also collect welfare on the side while making it appear to the governement that they can't or don't work.

I know exactly what you mean (I didn't take offense to anything I just wanted to explain my mom's situation)! My teacher's bf's ex wife is one of those people. And believe me I know a ton more who just keep having kids who they know they could never be able to support that many kids on their own even with a job who rip off the government. It's like being robbed. Where I live we get taxed for everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they created a breathing tax just for breathing in air lol.

I personally don't have a problem when people who are truly struggling to survive and raise kids and are working hard or are in school and trying to make it by get paid under the table. They NEED that money in my opinion. Plus going to school allows for advancement in career fields where they can eventually get better jobs and pay taxes later on on those jobs.

reesesilverstar

So how do we get the public outrage? Because this whole thing is really ridiculous... I mean, what about children's services? Shouldn't they be assessing how well they are being cared for? Where's THAT expose? I mean the woman is obviously playing the system, so where's the media coverage to shut her down? Sensationalising this, does not help the children, not one bit!

Ms_Slick

Well, the thing is that these eight babies aren't home yet, and her other six kids have a new house on a nice cul de sac and get to spend weekends at knott's berry farm amusement park. What can child services really say?

Octomom is now being supported by Angels in Waiting who will provide a caregiver for the babies 24 hours a day or something, and she's selling pictures of the octuplets homecoming. I don't know how this will all end, she'll make money, probably lots of it, and she'll most likely get to keep her kids.

X4biddenxLustX

^^ That's just insane. This lady is getting a free ride practically besides having to birth a total of 14 kids!

I'm always seeing the people who get a ton of government assistance have like the best clothes and things too that I can't even afford and I'm working! I know you can find good bargains and stuff but really they got so much more nicer things than I do!!!

I have heard that with SSI disability things can go either way. Some people get it pretty easily while others don't. I think generally speaking you need documentation from doctors to back up that you can't work because of your disability. And it takes months for applications to get reviewed and that most chances they'll deny you the first time you file a claim and thats when some people I guess who truly need this money (due to serious illness or accidents) get lawyers to help them get approved. Other than that I really don't know much else about this.

Mizz.Coppertone

shes a moron but i'm sure she prob has the $$$ to do it from all the media deals
ssad.gif

its fckin sick a jobless mother of 10+ kids can afford 1000$ of MAC and i never could

joanbrent

There are no words for her! She may be in a financial crunch but still want to make it sure she looks good. In her recent interview, she admitted that Huggies and Pampers diapers have already dropped their support due to public backlash against her. An opinion research points out "It is really sad that they would take away help from innocent infants that need these resources just because of the negative publicity surrounding the mother."

X4biddenxLustX

^^ That's sad that her kids are losing the help and support they soo need just because of their mother's actions.

But hell, if I knew what she was doing with her money and everything I wouldn't want to give anything to her either.

I just wish that the kids ONLY could receive benefits but not her if that makes any sense?

Latest posts