X Factor 2008, anyone watching?

florabundance

I usually lose interest by the time it comes to the live shows, but this year actually has good contestants! Is anyone else watching?
My favourites are Laura, Austin and Rachel...

Soph101

Same, I normally get fed up after the auditions, but it is great this year.
thmbup.gif
I am loving Diana the most at the moment....

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph101
I am loving Diana the most at the moment....

a lot of people are! i just can't get beyond the hand movements though LOL.

nunu

i normally just watch the auditions too but this year i am loving the contestants. My favourites are Diana and Rachel.

I also love Cheryl Cole she always looks soo gorgeous on the show!!

ilovegreen

Laura or Alex to win. I do like Austin too.
This year's artists are sooooooooo much more talented than last year's contestants imo.

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
a lot of people are! i just can't get beyond the hand movements though LOL.

Yeah! the damn hand movements! lol but i love her though, love her style and everything - one of my favourites
yes.gif

Other favourites are definitely Laura, Ruth and Rachel. I'll be happy if any of those wins.

Oh yh and i forgot Alex....it's gonna be tough this year they're all so amazing!

Lissa

I love X Factor too, I always watch the whole thing every year! My favourites are Austin, Rachel, Alex, Laura and JLS. I'm not too keen on Diana as I find her a bit annoying but that's not to say she doesn't have a gorgeous voice. I agree, the hand movements are off putting lol. Ruth also deserves more credit I think - she has a great voice and her rendition of Purple Rain was just amazing!

as_cute_as_pie

i dont like laura or diana at all i duno i just don't get it but then again its hard to judge as most artists sound AWFUL live and great on cd (hello girls aloud the other week?
icon_eek.gif
) i think ruth is gorgeous wow. does anyone else think daniel is plain terrible?
bit of useless info but one of the girls out of bad lashes used to work for mac
smiles.gif
they've gone now though lol

Miss Lore

HOW COULD THEY LET AUSTIN GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i had to let that out somewhere...

im really upset

humph

ssad.gif

LP_x

I always watch it. I have no life
lol.gif

My favourite is Alexandra, and I think JLS should stay until the end as they're the only ones doing something up-tempo!! I think Diana has a gorgeous voice but I can't watch her. I feel uncomfortable with all the face touching and hand movements.

I think Laura and Rachel are overrated!! Rachel out next please because not only is she overrated... she forgets her words and has a pretty rubbish attitude.

Daniel is only getting through on the sympathy votes, and although Eoghan is cute with a cute voice, he's not good enough to win IMO. Same goes for Ruth - I like her, she's just not good enough to win. I didn't like it when she sang Purple Rain. She sounded like she was singing Pot Pourri
lol.gif

Austin was robbed last night. His final song was amazing. Rachel should've gone.

You can see I've thought about this
th_LMAO.gif

florabundance

Austin WAS robbed.
His voice is actually quite different from the typical pop idol/x factor guys.

As for Daniel - go away.

nunu

I know that what i am about to say doesn't have anything to do with this thread but i just wanted to ask if you guys have seen the audition of Ant and Seb, i thought Ant had a good voice and he could've gone through, too bad Seb's preformance ruined it for him
ssad.gif

Also, Rachel "holistic vocalist" kind of freaked me out.

Back to the subject..

LP_x

Are those the guys that sung Mysterious Girl?? I agree, the 'rapper' ruined it for the other guy. And the holistic girl frightened the shit out of me!
lol.gif

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
Are those the guys that sung Mysterious Girl?? I agree, the 'rapper' ruined it for the other guy. And the holistic girl frightened the shit out of me!
lol.gif

YES, they are the ones!!! Ant and Seb or dare i say what Simon called them, "Ant and Deaf"

Did you watch it when they were waiting for the judges to leave and Ant started singing to Simon but he just walked away?

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I know that what i am about to say doesn't have anything to do with this thread but i just wanted to ask if you guys have seen the audition of Ant and Seb, i thought Ant had a good voice and he could've gone through, too bad Seb's preformance ruined it for him
ssad.gif

omg i thought that too! i was ashamed to admit until now haha

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
omg i thought that too! i was ashamed to admit until now haha

hehehehehe, there's nothing to be ashamed off
thmbup.gif

k.a.t

I'm so mad they voted Austin out....wth is the old guy still doing in there?! I'm sorry but imo Austin is much more X-factor quality than the old guy (i don't even know his name lol).

As for favourites, i really like all of them, it's hard to choose only one..

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
I always watch it. I have no life
lol.gif

My favourite is Alexandra, and I think JLS should stay until the end as they're the only ones doing something up-tempo!! I think Diana has a gorgeous voice but I can't watch her. I feel uncomfortable with all the face touching and hand movements.

I think Laura and Rachel are overrated!! Rachel out next please because not only is she overrated... she forgets her words and has a pretty rubbish attitude.

Daniel is only getting through on the sympathy votes, and although Eoghan is cute with a cute voice, he's not good enough to win IMO. Same goes for Ruth - I like her, she's just not good enough to win. I didn't like it when she sang Purple Rain. She sounded like she was singing Pot Pourri
lol.gif

Austin was robbed last night. His final song was amazing. Rachel should've gone.

You can see I've thought about this
th_LMAO.gif

Yeah, that came through lol

I agree with you that Daniel (that's his name lol) is only getting through on sympathy votes, which is really unfair on the other contestants. Poor Austin, he had quite a chance of winning the X-factor but he was robbed
thmbdn.gif

And yeah, Eoghan's cute but nowhere near good enough for X-factor.
I disagree about Ruth though, i think she's amazing!

florabundance

Laura went home????
angry.gif

Why are all the best singers getting eliminated?
They should just stick to the original pop idol/american idol format of the show - all this stupid mentors business makes it more about the judges than the contestants. And they all vote tactically, so what's the point.

as_cute_as_pie

rachel nd daniel are definately the worst 2 left in the competition yet im kinda glad laura went i jst cant stand her voice! like when she was in the sing off when she started its just this big OTT warble... not loving it AT all

diana was ill but i think its unfair that she just automatically gets to go through to next week :| her voice i think is quite similar to lauras so she could of easily been out aswell.

anyone watch the xtra factor after the results? it showed that diana was out on bonfire night with the rest of them shouting and screaming hmmm
nonono.gif

bit odd i think

i think the theme nights are daft cos a lot of them just wont suit say like a mariah song cos u automatically compare it to mariah and they sound so much better when they get to pick their own genre
smiles.gif

mariah carey was also v odd she just seems so FAKE which is no suprise lol

just watchin a bit ive missed and the diana bit showed her in bed with a full face of makeup erm if im properly ill the last thing i wanna do is put make up on :|

nd as much as i like cheryl she was talkin rubbish when she said she has flu.. erm no u dont lol u dont even have a cold :|

i like JLS, ruth, alexandra
smiles.gif
but i dont think any of them are 'winners'

Latest posts