X-Pose lipstick

boudoirblonde

Im a "new" mac addict, but in 2007 I bought a "rocker" lipstick (from a seller on LJ), same casing as now, but batch number is A98, so obviously means 1998, not 2008.

Just thought that might help with time-lining :p

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
Im a "new" mac addict, but in 2007 I bought a "rocker" lipstick (from a seller on LJ), same casing as now, but batch number is A98, so obviously means 1998, not 2008.

Hey there hun, the batch code A98 actually refers to the first batch made in September 2008, not 1998. HTH!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
Hey there hun, the batch code A98 actually refers to the first batch made in September 2008, not 1998. HTH!

But she bought it well before 2008...so I am thinking the 8 may stand for 1998...I think it was made in Sept 1998

MrsMay

^^ yep.. I got confused... *hangs head in shame* Thanks Tish
smiles.gif

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I have a Folio with the silver bullet pkg...It is from 1998

So with all the information gathered here, I thought my X-Pose lippy must be from 1998! But then if boudoirblonde had the current casing lippy from 1998, then my X-Pose must have been released before 1998!
th_dunno.gif
Wish I had a better memory grrr..

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde

OK EDIT
Its actually A69... memory is NOT serving me well, but will add pics tomorrow so everyone can see
smiles.gif

But obviously didnt buy it THIS year, so has to mean 1999 surely?!

Ernie

Honestly, I bought mine way before 1998, as mine is in the shiny black tube and I remember working across from the Christopher st store and buying it there.

MAC_Whore

I have three lipsticks in the old container that still smell good: Pivot, Moxie and and Rizzo.

I also have two Rizzos in the freezer. Don't laugh. It's a sickness. lol

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I have three lipsticks in the old container that still smell good: Pivot, Moxie and and Rizzo.

I also have two Rizzos in the freezer. Don't laugh. It's a sickness. lol

I have a bunch in the old containers that still smell okay and others that stink!

Believe me I won't laugh, I keep old colors that smell just for reference. X-Pose l/s being one of them.

Old school l/s in ozone reads "3L301" before they had the finish on the label. But it's somewhere between a frost and a lustre