Yaby Cosmetics

lovelyweapon

I did a search & couldn't find too much information. Has anyone tried this brand? I'm very interested and the one thing I heard was that the eye shadows are awesome. Any opinions? Thanks!
winks.gif

yaby cosmetics, online store

mistella

everything is really great. it was created by liz yu, a professional makeup artist. i have the eyeshadow palettes, blushes & a couple lip colors in my kit. I want to try the cream foundations next, as I've heard good things about them..

lovelyweapon

Thanks mistella! I am thinking of purchasing the empty/free-style palette and getting at least one of everything since it's so inexpensive individually.

lovelyweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyAnn_678
I hope it's okay to link to another forum, because I finally found the thread I had seen that had pictures featuring Yaby make up. If you were still interested, anyways
smiles.gif

ModelMayhem.com - Whos Got Yaby Makeup Photos??

Aww, I really appreciate you going out of your way for me! Those photos are AMAZING! I've been a little on the fence, but that forum convinced me to purchase a palette and fill it with their products. I find that individually they are so inexpensive and worth a try. Thank you!

skittishkitty

Hey. I was just on their website. I wanted to order the free style palette.. does anyone would like to get something too? coz order over 75 is free shipping.. i won't be ordering more that 75 bucks... when the order arrive, i can send it to you guys.. shipping is pretty expensive from canada.
ssad.gif
<br><br>Just Private message me. <br><br><br>

Ikara

anyone who has Yaby could please post swatches? better if compared to MAC shadows... I might give them a try, but I was wondering how does it compare to MAC in terms of pigmentation, texture, etc.

lovelyweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
Anybody know how big MAC eyeshadows are, depotted, in mm?

I believe 26mm. When you compare it to Yaby, Yaby's cosmetics are very small in size. I guess it accounts for the price - VERY inexpensive!

DirtyHarriet

i just got their 8 well palette for blushes, and 40 well palette for eye shadows, and some empty pans...i'm going to press my mineral shadows and blushes into them. i'll post pics when it's done. i find that i like using pressed shadows better than mineral shadows because the little 5 gram jars are such a PITA...so having a palette should be excellent!

i also got a free form palette...which should be nice for traveling!

i got everything from Camera Ready Cosmetics - it was all cheaper than on the yaby site and i got free shipping!
greengrin.gif

lovelyweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarriet
i just got their 8 well palette for blushes, and 40 well palette for eye shadows, and some empty pans...i'm going to press my mineral shadows and blushes into them. i'll post pics when it's done. i find that i like using pressed shadows better than mineral shadows because the little 5 gram jars are such a PITA...so having a palette should be excellent!

i also got a free form palette...which should be nice for traveling!

i got everything from Camera Ready Cosmetics - it was all cheaper than on the yaby site and i got free shipping!
greengrin.gif

Pictures!!
choochoo.gif

DirtyHarriet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyweapon
Pictures!!
choochoo.gif

my package shipped this morning.
th_DANCE.gif

as soon as it arrives i will post pics...and then of course pics of the pressed mineral shadows i plan to use the 40 well palette for, and the pressed mineral blushes i plan to use the 8 well palette for, and then there is the free-style plette...the possibilities are endless....
thmbup.gif

man...i think i'm going to need to order more of these palettes...especially since i really want to try some of the makeup (since that didn't even make it into this order)!
greengrin.gif

is it bad to plan another order before you even get your first order in the mail?
tong.gif

lovelyweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarriet
my package shipped this morning.
th_DANCE.gif

as soon as it arrives i will post pics...and then of course pics of the pressed mineral shadows i plan to use the 40 well palette for, and the pressed mineral blushes i plan to use the 8 well palette for, and then there is the free-style plette...the possibilities are endless....
thmbup.gif

man...i think i'm going to need to order more of these palettes...especially since i really want to try some of the makeup (since that didn't even make it into this order)!
greengrin.gif

is it bad to plan another order before you even get your first order in the mail?
tong.gif

I hope not; I do it all the time!
thmbup.gif
lol

DirtyHarriet

alright...as promised...here are some pics of my yaby goodies.

i got 3 palettes - 40 well (for e/s), 8 well (for blushes), and a free-form (for randomness)

i plan to press all of my mineral e/s and blushes...so i also got lots of empty pans

the palettes are magnetized, so the pans stick right to them

i have not pressed the minerals yet, but i have pressed some pigments - and i LOVE them!!!
smiles.gif

i am very happy with these palettes!!!
yahoo.gif

on with the show:

closed palette on top of mac palette for size comparison
yaby1.jpg

40 well palette with a couple of pressed piggies - goldenaire, lovely liliy, cocomotion, blue brown
yaby2.jpg

sorry this one is so blurry!
thmbdn.gif
free form and 8 well palettes - free form has a depotted nars blush (desire), depotted brow shade (anastasia - same size pan as mac e/s), and some of the 30 mm and 15.5 mm empties and pressed piggies in vanilla and melon (i use them as highlighters sometime so i pressed them into the bigger pans)

yaby3.jpg

lovelyweapon

^ Thank you so much! I love what you did with the free-form palette. I like the look of the palettes much more than the MAC ones (especially because of the huge mirror and the fact it's white and more portable). Have you tried any of their makeup products?

DirtyHarriet

i agree...i LOVE these palettes! the huge mirror is awesome!

i have not tried their makeup yet...but i definitely want to...enough to forgo on mac lately (including the Friends and Family event!)...

i really want to try the pearl paints, since they are apparently pretty much waterproof...and i also love that the e/s refills are $3 as opposed to over $10! and i like the smaller sizes too...it's not like i go through so much e/s that i need the bigger pans..and this way i can afford more colors without feeling guilty!
smiles.gif

when i get some of the e/s pans, i'll post swatches.

also, camerareadycosmetics.com is FABULOUS! fast shipping, cheaper prices and super CS! and the shipping was free!
smiles.gif