Yearning for Autumn!

melonella

So this is my second FOTD, my first of which is here, and I'm really excited to be posting again! I just moved out of my hometown, so I don't have a lot of friends here to gush with about makeup and such.
smiles.gif
Thanks so much for all the nice compliments on my last look - I really appreciate them, and it's fun to read what everyone thinks!

It's still a bit warm and sunny up here in Massachusetts, so I'm not quite ready to break out the full force Cult of Cherry, but that nip in the air has me wanting some darker colors. So today I compromised and did kind of autumn-y eyes with a spicy lip.

Let me know what you think! As always, gentle constructive criticism and comments are loved and welcome.
smiles.gif

DSC06103.jpg

DSC06101.jpg

DSC06102.jpg

DSC06074.jpg

What I used:
Benefit's "that gal" face brightening primer
MAC Select Cover Up in NW20
MAC Studio Fix powder in N4
MAC blotting powder in Medium
MAC Honesty e/s
MAC Amber Lights e/s
MAC Cranberry e/s
MAC Mulch e/s
MAC Carbon e/s as liner
MAC powder blush in Blooming
NYX Doll Eye Volume mascara in black
random drugstore lip liner I had lying about
MAC Spice It Up l/s

...I think that's it! O_O

melonella

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
Wow this is gorgeous and I love the lips.

Thank you so much! I'm really glad I picked up that lipstick the other day. I'm loving it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
beautiful
smiles.gif
gorgeous colours!

Thank you!!
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
That lipcolor is perfect for you.
smiles.gif

Oh yay, thanks a million! I never used to wear lipstick - I always opted for lipgloss. But I'm really liking this color too.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I think this look is absolutely lovely
smiles.gif

I was a little unsure about halfway through the eyeshadow, but in the end I was happy. Thank you so much, it means a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALID
Hell yeah, you totally rock the gold!
greengrin.gif

Eeee, thank you thank you!! I'm glad you like it.
smiles.gif

Brittni

Oh gosh, I absolutely *LOVE* this. It's making me yearn for Autumn even more... it really captured the season so beautifully. The colors are perfect and lip adds such a nice warmth especially on your skin tone and those gorgeous freckles.
heart.gif

melonella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Oh gosh, I absolutely *LOVE* this. It's making me yearn for Autumn even more... it really captured the season so beautifully. The colors are perfect and lip adds such a nice warmth especially on your skin tone and those gorgeous freckles.
heart.gif

Oh wow, what a great compliment! Thank you so much! I've forever tried to cover up my freckles, but my husband loves them so they're poking through a bit more now.
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenchristine
That's gorgeous! The lips are so flattering on you!

Thank you very much! I'm liking this shade quite a bit since I picked it up from the counter.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
very pretty

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ro
De-lish!

Heehee, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl
love it. golden and simple!

Golden indeed, thanks so much!
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
So pretty! I love that lip color
smiles.gif

Thank you! I'm liking it quite a bit myself.
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
So pretty! Just looking at your FOTD makes me want fall to get here already!

I know, right?? It's about time, I'm tired of the heat! Hehehe, thank you very much.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpink1326
I love this whole look! Great autumn colors & i love the lip color you paired with the eyes...

I think I got lucky with that match-up. I'm usually horrible at choosing a lip color to go with my eyeshadow. It seems people like this, though. Thanks a million!
greengrin.gif