You are now a VIB ...............w No e lied sorry

MissCrystal

So im so mad at sephora right now. A couple of days ago I got an email saying congrats your a VIB now. I was so happy i was like finally. Now this morning i check my email and got another one saying basically we'er sorry we lied. WTF mind you i have over 680 points that i spent last year in 09. And another time sephora bascially wiped out all my points on my card but luckily my email still had all my points. Really though how much do they want you to spend, i know its not that big of a deal lol but still their polices and what not are lacking big time.
nonono.gif
nonono.gif

the title is wrong .. but you guys get what im saying

Candy Christ

If the points were from last year (2009), then they don't count for this year. The points have to be accumulated in a calendar year, starting from this January to the end of this year. Honestly, I think it should be done on the month you first use the card, like April 09 - April 10.

But Sephora definitely can be sneaky, sometimes my points aren't added for like two weeks, I'm like WTF, I buy stuff in-store, it should be automatic.

Duane Reade pulls that too. The points reset on New Years, and I'm like hello, where's my five dollar off coupon?! Seriously, it's not fair at all.

buki

hmm definitely something wrong there! Have you tried calling them? You only really need to spend $350 in order to be a VIB so you should have been one by now. I would be pretty furious if they wiped out my points but I just checked my account on the Sephora website and they're all still there... call them up and complain!

Strawberrymold

If you call the 1 877 sephora number I am sure they will fix it for you. They are super nice and will pretty much do anything to make the customer happy. I have even got points added for purchases I forgot to use my beauty insider card on. I just gave them the total pre tax and bam no questions or fuss.

MissCrystal

yeah i was .. i went to the store and there like ohh you have 130 points .. i was like wtf. Have no idea how that happened. Then i checked my online account and i had 683. I called and the girl and she fixed everything. I just have to get a new BI card.

In 09 i had 683 points. Then a few days ago i checked my email and i was a VIB this happened on Tuesday. Then this morning there like no sorry technical error we lied. But for our error you can still use the 10% off as our apology ........

Buki i sent them a nasty email ... i hope my points dont dissappear i would be so pissed.

Honey xOo

I agree with calling. As long as you get the right person on the phone they'll fix it for you. If you get a moody jerk just hang up and try again lol.

mae13

I got the same email and it's bizarre, because I still have vib status when I sign in to the site.

From what I read, once you have vib status in one year, it applies to the next as well. You just need to spend 350 in the current year to qualify for the next as well.

"V.I.B. status is conferred on those registered Beauty Insider members who spend a minimum of $350 at Sephora (including on Sephora.com) during one calendar year. V.I.B. status is good for the calendar year in which the BI member qualifies and the following calendar year; annual requalification is required."

thiscarmen

Hahaha yup the exact same thing happened to me!

Except I was a bit confused because I don't think I spent $350 this year.

Aaaaaaand then the next day they sent me an email telling me OOPS they made a mistake.

MzzRach

Sephora needs to get a handle on their Beauty Insider and the VIB program and get their act together. At a minimum, be consistent.

MissCrystal

wow so im guessing this happened to a few people ... they should just stick with BI, its obvious they can't handle both of them, with the upset customers they had with their gift cards and now this.

Meisje

This happened to me, too. I was annoyed but I'd thought it was either a mistake or that they'd changed their requirements, because I hardly bought anything at Sephora last year (yay, recession)

gigiopolis

I got this too! And it really upset me because I DEFINITELY spent $350 last year. Unless it's $350 USD...?

I e-mailed Sephora about this around a week ago, and I never received a reply. 24-48 hours my ass. Really not happy with them right now.

Allybcd

I'm pretty sure it's $350 USD. And I would just call them. They usually hve pretty good customer service, or at least all of my experiences have been positive.

January

I got this too, but at least they gave me 10% off my next in store purchase to make up for it.

Deena

Quote:
Originally Posted by January
I got this too, but at least they gave me 10% off my next in store purchase to make up for it.

Same here.
It seems to happen mostly to Canadians. Weird.

Meisje

It must have happened to a lot of people... I swear, when I went into the Sephora closest to me, it seemed like it had been ransacked. The whole store seemed more than 1/4 empty, and usually I find the shelves are well-stocked.

Latest posts